REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 04-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

95 Civic - groaning/rubbing noise when braking at low speeds

Hi all, new to the forum, just purchased a stock 95 Civic LX with 108,000 original kilometres for my daughter. The car is mint except for a groaning/rubbing noise only when the brakes are applied at low speeds. It is coming from the front and can feel the noise through the brake pedal and floor but the brakes function properly.

When coming to a stop the brakes start to make a groaning sound. It usually only occurs when slowing down from 30kph or less and makes the noise all the way until the car stops. The sound occurs every one revolution of the wheel. It will make the groaning noise, then stop, then make the noise again when that same part of the wheel passes.

I confirmed that the wheels and tires are not rubbing anything and the brake pads and rotors are not worn out yet. The only other detail I can provide is the CV axles have been replaced with newer axles from the 96-00 Civics, however, I don't believe this to be the problem.

Any and all help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Mastermind8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
how old are the pads/rotors? when were they last changed?
is it coming from one side of the front only?

what do you mean by feel it through the pedal? is there a vibration when you brake?
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote