REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #126
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
You guys don't get it....

The key is to have no friends at all. Get a 2 seater, problems solved!

Spoiler!
Advertisement
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #127
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

ppfft....if "you can't drive your friend everywhere" is stopping you from considering this car, i'd say....get a minivan. it can drive ALL your friends ANYWHERE, taxidriver.

I think this is a great thing, other manufacturers might follow suit, and we win so much
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #128
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Yeah even Ferrari owners want to drive their friends around.
That's why Ferrari produced this car.

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #129
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
Ferrari owners can now pick up 3 hookers at a time and a dead body
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #130
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
moral of the story...buy an 8-seater even if you're browsing a thread about 370z
Why settle for 8 when you can get an E-350 Wagon and be able to tell those bitches you drive around a V8 turbo at the same time.

Spoiler!
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2015, 10:17 PM   #131
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Again, we're humans and we all have brains. I'm sure we can come up with different solution.

Your family is visiting? Tell them to take Skytrain or use public transit. If that's not an option they can always take a cab. I see lots of cabs lined up at Airport.

You wanna go out for dinner with friends? Oh fuck just use 2 cars instead of 1, what's the big deal if you had to do it occasionally. You only hang out with friend who do not own a car? Then just tip in and use a cab. Chances are, your friend might own an SUV or something so you can get on their vehicle.
Either way, it's much cheaper than buying a car.

It's definitely a trade off, but I would be so much happier with Porsche 911, Acura NSX, Ferrari 360 than some 4 door sedan or something with lots of seats just so that you can haul your friends around every once in a while.

What you're telling me is that just because not having extra seats is going to cause you a mild inconvenience, you would rather spend your hard earned money(we're talking about multi thousand $) on a car something you don't even wanna drive.

Seriously, we're all spoiled in this era to the point we can't even put up with mild inconvenience of taking cab or transit so you would give up a car that you wanted and buy a vehicle that makes you a designated driver. Even in BC we have lots of people, families, single mom/dad, students, and all the other people without a car and they're living fine. You only have a 2 seater sportscar? Wow, what a big deal.
I threw out a couple examples but that list is not exhaustive. I don't know about you but I hate arranging, paying for, and taking cabs. I'm not taking transit unless its a necessity or the sky train.

I think you have mistaken the fact that I am miserable driving a car I don't actually want to own - I love my A4 and 330. I drove a Z4 for years and at this age I value comfort more. I also enjoy having company in my vehicle from time to time. Most of my friends own their own homes now and drive luxury cars so nobody is poor and bumming rides all the time. I don't have friends like that.

I guarantee your family dynamic is way different than mine. Transit is out of the equation because their not poor and they value time. They can easily rent cars but it's more like, we don't want them to and offer to loan ours and take them around - it's not like they visit every year and they take us around when we visit. To be honest, it doesn't really factor that much into my purchases but I have come to realize how convenient it makes my life.

By the way, most people that can afford the cars you listed own/have access to 3-4+ other vehicles. Terrible comparison as most people will never own those vehicles.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 04-12-2015 at 11:15 PM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:25 AM   #132
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
If I wanna 370Z, I want a 370Z. Not 4 door sedans like Altima and Accord, or even Mustang and Camaro for that matter.
If I was rich and want a Ferrari, I'd get a Ferrari, not Mercedes S Class or Porsche Panamera.
Quote:
It's definitely a trade off, but I would be so much happier with Porsche 911, Acura NSX, Ferrari 360 than some 4 door sedan or something with lots of seats just so that you can haul your friends around every once in a while.
Wait. What?? No GTR???!
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #133
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
GT-R already dominates supercar class for its price point...370Z is in different class.
I expected more...

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:27 PM   #134
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Off topic but those of you that make you visiting family member take the transit are obviously not chinese lol.

Imagine how much face you have lose for your family when you roll around in a nsx and your visiting family member is taking the bus to come meet you for dim sum. Shame on your whole family.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2015, 07:22 PM   #135
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Off topic but those of you that make you visiting family member take the transit are obviously not chinese lol.

Imagine how much face you have lose for your family when you roll around in a nsx and your visiting family member is taking the bus to come meet you for dim sum. Shame on your whole family.
all about that face... and saving money.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 04-13-2015 at 07:28 PM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:01 PM   #136
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Breaking: Subaru BRZ STI Confirmed - YouWheel.com - Car News and Review

The Subaru STI concept car shown in the NY auto show is equipped with a turbocharged 2.0L flat-4 engine, producing 345hp.

Gamed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2015, 12:05 PM   #137
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
that thing is ugly and will likely be very over priced
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #138

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Watching the EVO video on that STI BRZ they said it wont go into production.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #139
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
they confirmed an "sti" version is coming, but with no turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2015, 10:45 AM   #140
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Just picked up a 2009 370Z Touring with Sport options for $20,500. The last guy who had put a deposit on it couldn't make it, and I came in at the last minute. They even gave me a good deal on a trade-in on my GTi, and the car's running great.

Can't imagine ever needing more performance in a car. Went to see my family in the interior and just locked it in at just under impound speeds in 6th gear and it took every single corner without a hint of losing grip or composure. If I ever need a nicer car it'll just be on Luxury and quiet ride. Upgrading to a Cayman S or 911 at this point would be purely with the intention of permanently losing my license.
ĈonRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #141
Old School RS

Thanked 3,945 Times in 1,201 Posts
If that's not a rebuilt or with a ton of k, that's a fantastic deal, congratulations!

Mark
Old 05-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #142
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ĈonRising View Post
Just picked up a 2009 370Z Touring with Sport options for $20,500. The last guy who had put a deposit on it couldn't make it, and I came in at the last minute. They even gave me a good deal on a trade-in on my GTi, and the car's running great.

Can't imagine ever needing more performance in a car. Went to see my family in the interior and just locked it in at just under impound speeds in 6th gear and it took every single corner without a hint of losing grip or composure. If I ever need a nicer car it'll just be on Luxury and quiet ride. Upgrading to a Cayman S or 911 at this point would be purely with the intention of permanently losing my license.

excellent cars.

fun fact: nissan R&D used a Cayman S as the target bench mark for the 370Z during its development process.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2015, 11:40 AM   #143
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
On the note of picking up a 370Z, I want to bring up an incident that C&D ran into with their track test (lightning lap test) of the 370Z in 2010 since safety is paramount:

Z Meets Wall: We Investigate Why the NISMO Z's Brakes Failed at Lightning Lap - Feature - Car and Driver

Coles notes:
- the base Akebono pads suddenly gave up without much warning at the fastest section of the track, and C&D proceeded to crash the car
- Ferodo pads improved things quite a bit, but would still overheat after repeated stops
- ATE Super Blue delayed the fluid overheating by a large margin, but would still overheat and boil
- C&D concluded that Nission likely did not provide adequate brake cooling (for performance use) in attempt to chase fuel economy numbers

moral of the story -- upgrade the brake components if you ever plan on tracking the car

I hope you'll enjoy your Z.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #144
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
On the note of picking up a 370Z, I want to bring up an incident that C&D ran into with their track test (lightning lap test) of the 370Z in 2010 since safety is paramount:

Z Meets Wall: We Investigate Why the NISMO Z's Brakes Failed at Lightning Lap - Feature - Car and Driver

Coles notes:
- the base Akebono pads suddenly gave up without much warning at the fastest section of the track, and C&D proceeded to crash the car
- Ferodo pads improved things quite a bit, but would still overheat after repeated stops
- ATE Super Blue delayed the fluid overheating by a large margin, but would still overheat and boil
- C&D concluded that Nission likely did not provide adequate brake cooling (for performance use) in attempt to chase fuel economy numbers

moral of the story -- upgrade the brake components if you ever plan on tracking the car

I think just about any "cheap" sportscar needs a brake overhaul before tracking it.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:05 PM   #145
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Thanks. Trying to get my mid-life crisis out of the way ahead of time. I'm buying a condo a year from now (being built right now), and it's likely marriage and kids won't be far off.

I figure this might be my last chance to be a douchebag for a while. The car even came with 10 free spray tans and a haircut.

I'm hoping the price drop was just because they were aware of the new pricing, but it seems a bit odd that the touring model is $10,000 more than the base. I mean, leather seats and a bose system are nice to have, but seriously?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #146

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
i actually inquired at a dealer a while ago. salesman did some research and concluded that it does NOT come with LSD. he also didnt know what an LSD was at first so take it with a grain of salt
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #147
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Touring model with Sport Pkg in '09 comes with limited slip.
capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #148
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
i actually inquired at a dealer a while ago. salesman did some research and concluded that it does NOT come with LSD. he also didnt know what an LSD was at first so take it with a grain of salt
Do you mean you checked at the dealer I bought my car at? Richmond VW? Was confused about this as well, but my limited research indicated that if you have the rev-matching and 19" wheels, then you have the LSD. At least on an '09 touring.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #149
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Nope. Just bought a condo on the fourth floor, too. It'll probably have a pillar right in the middle of the living room.

I prefer HK Café to Dim Sum, anyway.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #150
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong.. but don't all 370z's come with VLSD? My 370z with sports package comes with it, I know that much. Also, took my Z down to the track with aftermarket pads (hawk HPS... would not buy again), dot 4 brake fluid and ss lines and there was no overheating with the brakes at all, although the brakes weren't that great. Just oil overheating really because of the lack of an oil cooler.

Sigh, should have sold my 370z before the price drop lol

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: