REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   need career-help (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702743-need-career-help.html)

mustang766 04-09-2015 08:19 PM

need career-help

what a field that good to get into and not require too much education like a year or less. I don't do good in academics and done the college thing and couldn't find work related to field and didn't do good in school. I don't really like trades as im 36 now and soon 37 and body isn't young for physical labour work nor big guy. don't like working heavy and dirty job.
I looked into bookkeeping but its mainly lot part time hours and graphic design jobs I heard is very compeptive

at point now im doing assembly line job and it pays 12 hour previously did data entry and was low 11 hour pay job. I need a career and something that makes more coin

any suggesetions

Araaadi 04-09-2015 08:27 PM

Sounds like you want good pay, with little labour and unskilled work. Get a job with the city...

tiger_handheld 04-09-2015 08:44 PM

you say you are not good at academics...

what are you good at?

alwayslive 04-09-2015 09:37 PM

It's alright to not be good at school. A lot of people in university or college (myself included) do not feel like they are good at school. The sad reality is that a lot of actual "good" jobs or careers require some sort of education or a lot of experience in a particular field and if you don't have that it's going to be really hard to enter into a profession. But really, think about what you're good or passionate about. That is the only way that you are going to be able to find a career at this point. What I would recommend is to find out what you are interested in, and then going on the website of BCIT or Langara or any college and just looking at every single program related to that course. That'll be a great first step into a career. In this day and age, laziness will take you nowhere, only those motivated enough will succeed. Don't look for a job or career just because it is easy, work your ass off in whatever you choose to do until the work becomes easy.

tool001 04-10-2015 02:24 PM

u could write a top selling book about vancouver sex scene.

R&R 04-10-2015 03:11 PM

Become a drug dealer

danned 04-11-2015 06:51 AM

come on, just continue to work on your job
oh my god

flagella 04-11-2015 07:49 AM

hai guys, what can i do to obtain a job that keeps giving me decent $ while I sit on my lazy ass and do nothing? I'm not a fan of studying nor do I enjoy labour either.

BoostedBB6 04-11-2015 08:18 AM

Good luck with your hunt for this unicorn job you are searching for.
You are not book smart, have no trade skills, are at an age where the jobs you are qualified for are most often offered to kids because they are willing to work for less.

I hate to say it, and I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you fucked up with your priorities if your looking for a career at 37 and have (seemingly) no skills that would make you an asset to anyone willing to pay more than $12/hr.

The only jobs that pay (non book smart jobs) are labour jobs. Construction, physical labour jobs. If your not willing to work hard for more money you need to be smart to earn money. If you are not book smart, not a labourer then you really have no assets to offerer.

Perhaps share what it is you are good at and go from there?

BrownBear 04-18-2015 01:48 PM

need career-help

Your only options are selling drugs or stop being a little bitch and get into a trade.

threezero 04-18-2015 02:04 PM

you either work hard or you study hard.

Or you get lucky and be born in a rich family but looks like you miss your chance already. Try again next time.

inv4zn 04-18-2015 03:24 PM

Some harsh guys on here...

The only low-labour, low education job that pays more than minimum is a public Library shelver type thing.

They'll offer more than $12. Hours probably aren't guaranteed though.

Adorkami 04-18-2015 03:28 PM

Heard it was pretty hard to get a job in a library. Meth sounds like a good option.

!Yaminashi 04-18-2015 04:23 PM

Education will only get your foot in the door. If you're lazy as fuck nobody will want to keep you. That's the truth.

Jmac 04-18-2015 08:58 PM

On a serious note, you should see if you can qualify for additional training or re-training through Service Canada.

danned 04-19-2015 07:16 AM

sell your body if you are not physcically well

sdubfid 04-20-2015 09:37 PM

Take a class 3/air brake course. Quick entry, low initial cost, 80k-140k is possible if you are willing to move and you can say "I drive truck"