Originally Posted by palve
I'll have road test soon and there are some rules that are confusing me:
1. How do I know speed to merge highways if there is no speed limit sign.
e.g. merging from Londsdale https://firstname.lastname@example.org...DdHegk_F8g!2e0
the speed on highway is 80km/h but there is no speed limit sign, so should I merge at 80km/h anyway ?
2. Do I have to keep both hands on steering wheel when reverse stall parking ? I couldn’t imagine looking backwards and not palming.
3. When there is green line for cyclists without white solid or dashed line, can I drive this line or I should avoid and use this line only when turning right ? eg. https://email@example.com.../data=!3m1!1e3
Can you please clarify this for me ?
This sign tells you the right lane will end soon.
If you’re driving in a lane that ends ahead, you need to change
lanes. Adjust your speed, keeping within the speed limit, and
wait for a safe gap in the other lane.
If you are driving next to a lane that ends ahead, help the
merging traffic by adjusting your speed or changing lanes.
Statutory highway speed limit in BC is 80 km/h. Unless otherwise posted, the speed limit is assumed to be 80 km/h.
2: To reverse in a straight line:
Shift to reverse, perform your 360 degree check, and then place your left hand on the top/middle of the steering wheel (12:30). Look over your right shoulder through the rear window – focus on something in the middle of the window if possible, such as a tree or parked car that is directly in the centre of your rear window. Proceed at a walking pace. *This is the only time that you are allowed to have one hand on the steering wheel during the ICBC road test.
3: Bicycle lanes
Bicycle lanes are reserved for cyclists. Sometimes you will need
to cross a bicycle lane to turn right, or to pull to the side of the
road. Take extra care when you do this. The rules for bicycle
• don’t drive, stop or park in a bicycle lane.
• you may only cross a bicycle lane if the white line is broken or
to turn into or out of a driveway.
Seems pretty cut and dry. Don't drive in the lane, cut across it to turn right if safe to do so and white line is broken.