REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #101
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
New cars are insanely fast stock, that is part of the problem

People crash and die much less than they did a few decades ago per capita, right?
It's a wonderful thing, you don't need a supercar to achive supercar performance.

Lamborghini Countach LP400
0-60mph: 6.8 seconds

Honda Civic Si
0-60mph: 6.5 seconds

Porsche 911 Turbo
0-60mph: 6.1 seconds

Accord Coupe V6 EXL
0-60mph: 5.6 seconds

Lamborghini Coutach LP400S
0-60mph: 5.9 seconds

Mazdaspeed 3
0-60mph: 5.3 seconds

Detomaso Pantera GT5
0-60mph: 5.5 seconds

Hyundai Genesis 3.8 R-Spec
0-60mph: 5.0 seconds

Lamborghini Diablo
0-60mph: 4.5 seconds

Lexus RC-F
0-60mph: 4.3 seconds
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #102
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

better yet, why not just put a speed limiter on car, I believe the fastest highway we have in Canada is 120km? Why do we allow car to go up to 180+?
dinfung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinfung View Post
better yet, why not just put a speed limiter on car, I believe the fastest highway we have in Canada is 120km? Why do we allow car to go up to 180+?
Because it's legal to sell a car that can achieve 300+km/h.

You can sell it, as long as it's sold under different premise. The premise is to be driven 50km/h in the city and 80-120km/h on the highway. Just because the product you sold is capable of doing something other than what it was intended, that doesn't mean you can't sell it.

eg. You are allowed to buy/sell knife, but you aren't allowed to stab people. You are allowed to buy/sell lethal substances (there's lots in spray can, auto care products, etc) but you aren't allowed to feed it to somebody.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:43 AM   #104
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

A new Honda is not anywhere near as dangerous as a 930 Turbo even if the 0-60 is less...

Those are all older cars with nearly nothing for drivers aids.

Quote:
Just go away please......

Its probably my fault.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggi View Post
A new Honda is not anywhere near as dangerous as a 930 Turbo even if the 0-60 is less...
That's what Jeremy Clarkson said. He said how dangerous it was to drive a Countach, 512 Boxer and Pantera back in the day. Constant wheel spin, abrupt acceleration, poor brake performance, heavy clutch, heavy steering, bad ergonomics, blind spots and loud exhaust and vibrations.
He was commenting how modern supercars are so driver friendly, you can go grocery shopping with Aventador or LaFerrari.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #106
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Little to no driver AIDS also means one is more reluctant to push the car beyond one's skill.

Electronic aids give the driver an boost of confidence and "driving skill". A lot of time improper car handling technique is completely mask and saved by driving AIDS and the driver has no idea. This built improper driving technique with dependence on computer. Most think this means the car is safe in reality it just built bad technique and false sense of safety.

When computer does mess up this leave a super powerful car in complete control on someone with bad car handling habits and zero idea how to control the powerful car at its limit with no AIDS. All it take is a split second and look what happened
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #107
Banned (ABWS)

Nowadays, the C63 coupe is very popular among the Chinese young community. Why? Because they "think" it is an "easy" super car. 500hp automatic , lots of driving aids and rwd.
Whenever i see a C63 on the road, it is either a stupid chinese kid in his early 20s that looks and acts like a douche or an innocent chinese girl that did not know what the hell she is doing. Next time i see them on the road, i will try my best to make them crash "without hurting others of course".
Btw, i have seen a young beijing girl driving a 2015 GTR and does not know how to reverse without burning the clutch. U can definitely burn a DCT clutch if you dont know how to drive it.
What i am trying to express is simple. People from China cant drive for shit no matter what kind of car you drive. You guys born as a peasant, you die as a peasant. This logic will never change.
PS: i am a honger with a slow ass 300 hp shitbox.
Vtec4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #108
Need to Seek Professional Help

I am interested in what the police officer said to the kid driving the mustang?
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Little to no driver AIDS also means one is more reluctant to push the car beyond one's skill.

Electronic aids give the driver an boost of confidence and "driving skill". A lot of time improper car handling technique is completely mask and saved by driving AIDS and the driver has no idea. This built improper driving technique with dependence on computer. Most think this means the car is safe in reality it just built bad technique and false sense of safety.

When computer does mess up this leave a super powerful car in complete control on someone with bad car handling habits and zero idea how to control the powerful car at its limit with no AIDS. All it take is a split second and look what happened
I actually have nothing against electronic aids.

That's just a safety feature, or performance feature of the car depending on how you want to consider it.

Think of it as a brembo brakes, ohlins suspension, Advan tires, etc.
If you have been driving a car with top of line equipments (even if there's no electronic aids), try driving an absolute beater. Brakes metal to metal, bald tires, horrible alignment, engine and everything out of adjustments, etc.
I had a chance to drive a complete beater and holy shit I felt like I was a bad/dangerous driver.

What you're saying is, brembo brakes and pirelli P zero tires will give you false sense of your driving skills because good suspension/brakes/tires setting will give you much lower braking distance, skidpad, etc.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #110
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Damn... after reading your post, the very first conclusion that I came to is, I need to meet some of these Mainland Chinese girls... to show them how to drive these super cars safely, among other things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec4life View Post
Nowadays, the C63 coupe is very popular among the Chinese young community. Why? Because they "think" it is an "easy" super car. 500hp automatic , lots of driving aids and rwd.
Whenever i see a C63 on the road, it is either a stupid chinese kid in his early 20s that looks and acts like a douche or an innocent chinese girl that did not know what the hell she is doing. Next time i see them on the road, i will try my best to make them crash "without hurting others of course".
Btw, i have seen a young beijing girl driving a 2015 GTR and does not know how to reverse without burning the clutch. U can definitely burn a DCT clutch if you dont know how to drive it.
What i am trying to express is simple. People from China cant drive for shit no matter what kind of car you drive. You guys born as a peasant, you die as a peasant. This logic will never change.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #111

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
I agree that driver licensing in BC is too easy.

But you know what is absolutely fucking ridiculous?

Thousands of Richmond drivers could be on the road illegally due to ICBC-RCMP disagreement about Chinese licences

The fact that ICBC allows questionable (read: fake) Chinese drivers licenses to be valid and lets these same people - many of whom DO NOT KNOW how to drive a motor vehicle - register and insure a car under this same fake ass license. Which basically means that there are a ton of people in the Lower Mainland who legitly don't know how to drive and have never been tested for their driving. And to add insult to injury, they have told the Richmond RCMP to essentially stop doing their job and assume all Chinese DL's are authentic, even when Richmond RCMP recognized that it was a big problem and asked ICBC to do something about it.

IMO that is the real problem. Corruption in our system that shows ICBC does not care about driver safety or driver education, only the bottom line. If we forced everybody staying in Canada for more than X amount of months - easy to do if ICBC can access CBSA/Immigration data - they should have to take the Class 5 road test here in order to prove that they can drive. Plain and simple. None of this "equivalency" BS unless the police here can determine the legitimacy of said license.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
I think we should clarify:

There were TWO accidents on SW Marine that night.

1: C63, destroyed, 18 y/o male driver, 17 y/o male passenger - both in critical condition.
2: Red Mustang, doesn't look destroyed, asian male driver, asian female passenger. Both aren't hurt as badly.

Stop mixing up the two incidents.

Edit: News video. lol @ reaction of Mustang driver...I wonder what the police told him.
Speedometer stuck at 180 km/h after Kerrisdale crashes | CTV Vancouver News
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Damn... after reading your post, the very first conclusion that I came to is, I need to meet some of these Mainland Chinese girls... to show them how to drive these super cars safely, among other things...

I'm sorry no offence intended to anyone but after reading this thread it seems like Asian people, particularly Chinese people are causing quite a bit of road hazard in BC
Old 04-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #112
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
I'm sorry no offence intended to anyone but after reading this thread it seems like Asian people, particularly Chinese people are causing quite a bit of road hazard in BC
its not offensive.

increased asian drivers, more accidents in which drivers are asian.

its all relative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:36 AM   #113
Banned (ABWS)

Yes indeed. And i am not trying to be racist or anything. I am just telling the truth.
For the past 12 years living in BC. I have NEVER seen a good , i mean "skilled" driver that came from "China". I drive everyday and participate in different driving events for years.
Drivers from hong kong, taiwan, japan are light years better than those from China, and they are humble too!
So you tell me, what has gone wrong with these people???

Most importantly, they think they looked really good in a nice-ass super car. But in fact, it just made it worse. It is you that doesnt match the car, because you DONT appreciate what you are driving, and i see zero respect in your eyes . So dont expect any respect from others either.
Vtec4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2015, 11:18 AM   #114
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Yes indeed. And i am not trying to be racist or anything. I am just telling the truth.
For the past 12 years living in BC. I have NEVER seen a good , i mean "skilled" driver that came from "China". I drive everyday and participate in different driving events for years.
Drivers from hong kong, taiwan, japan are light years better than those from China, and they are humble too!
People in China never had Playstations and Gran turismo LOL Only until recently did they allow the sales of these consoles in store.
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #115

Quote:
I actually have nothing against electronic aids.

That's just a safety feature, or performance feature of the car depending on how you want to consider it.

Think of it as a brembo brakes, ohlins suspension, Advan tires, etc.
If you have been driving a car with top of line equipments (even if there's no electronic aids), try driving an absolute beater. Brakes metal to metal, bald tires, horrible alignment, engine and everything out of adjustments, etc.
I had a chance to drive a complete beater and holy shit I felt like I was a bad/dangerous driver.

What you're saying is, brembo brakes and pirelli P zero tires will give you false sense of your driving skills because good suspension/brakes/tires setting will give you much lower braking distance, skidpad, etc.
That's not what I mean I am all for driver aids. But I'm a supporter of progressing one's driving skill one step at a time. All modern cars nowadays comes with driving aid of some sort. And all driver aid will at one time or anther fail or misinterprete the situation leaving only the driver in complete control even if it's just a split second. I bet you 90%of ppl here have skid out or when out of control when they are young in their hand me down Honda corrollas or what have you. They hit a curb and learn that drivers aid is not invincible and these you respect the car and your limitation as a driver. As time pass one acquires better and better car and the skill you have acquire mean you utilize the driver AIDS as an assitant rather than dependence.

WIth the kid's c63 it's like learning to fly before he knows how to walk. Without previous skills and experiences making mistake with other not so powerful car the kid is essentially on autopilot relying completely on driver AIDS without even knowing it. Talk about inflated ego and bad driving technique. If the same kid is giving a 509hp car with no driver assit he probably would of spun out at less than 30km/hr.

I still think that without learning how to drive properly first on something with little to no driver aid, Constantly pushing a fully compter aided car is just developing bad habit. I'm talking about pushing the car not puttering around from point a to point b. You know why you feel so dangerous and not in control when driving a car with no drivers aid? It's probabably becuase you do suck when there is no computer involve. Don't blame it on the car itself bad alignment fuck up brakes etc is dangerous for ANY car

Last edited by threezero; 04-15-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #116
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:

Most importantly, they think they looked really good in a nice-ass super car. But in fact, it just made it worse. It is you that doesnt match the car, because you DONT appreciate what you are driving, and i see zero respect in your eyes . So dont expect any respect from others either.
Lol get out of here with all of this "Asian racism" bullshit about how Taiwanese and HKers are somehow better than Mainlanders... there are shitty drivers in every race. Though I do agree with you that some 20-year-old kid with an N sign in supercar cheapens the value of it a little (can't imagine how lawyers, corporate executives, CEOs etc. who have worked hard all their lives feel to be driving the same car as some 18 y/o son/daughter of corrupt Asia money), you're an idiot if you are somehow suggesting you are "better" than Mainlanders. I never get this HK attitude of being better than other Asians just because you were colonized by the Brits for an extra 100 years...

... as far as I am concerned, I couldn't care what country these bad drivers are from.. I just want it to be made much more difficult for these people to get a license in Canada.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:11 PM   #117

Quote:

Way to judge the entire population by the behaviour of 1% of them. All the so call mainlander you see here are probabaly Rich and have no direct driving experience beside their supercar they got when they landed here. Go to China, most of the ppl their drive shitty cars day in and day out in mess up traffic. Imo these rich kids are just behaving like how all rich spoil kids. Nothing to do with nationality.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #118
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
no the best thing would be what ford has with their cars, the mykey system. i've got it in my truck and i can program one key to have different settings in the truck once its started. volume can be limited, speed limited as well, traction control/stability control cant be turned off. keep that active for kids when they go out and when they can prove that they're not little shit heads, just change everything.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:33 PM   #119
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
the asians are creating road hazards, the browns are doing all the shootings and the white people are cashing out from their high property values in vancouver and moving out to langley and laughing at all of us. lol.

Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2015, 12:59 PM   #120
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggi View Post

Those are all older cars with nearly nothing for drivers aids.

Just go away please......

Actually, YOU should go away.

I grew up driving on 0 driver nannies and, as a result, I have never crashed a car.

I've had many, MANY very high-powered cars that a fucking asian kid would have died in the first day on.

In fact, my Supra on low boost, (520 rwhp) was crashed by a goddamn chinese friend of mine after lending it to him. He crashed it in 4 hours after lending it to him.

Learning in a death trap is the best way to go. It teaches you, or you die.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #121
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Actually, YOU should go away.

I grew up driving on 0 driver nannies and, as a result, I have never crashed a car.

I've had many, MANY very high-powered cars that a fucking asian kid would have died in the first day on.

In fact, my Supra on low boost, (520 rwhp) was crashed by a goddamn chinese friend of mine after lending it to him. He crashed it in 4 hours after lending it to him.

Learning in a death trap is the best way to go. It teaches you, or you die.
Surprised that all those years of owning and driving all those high powered cars you haven't learnt the first and most important lesson..

You never lend it to a friend, regardless of sex or ethnicity.
iamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #122
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamed View Post
Surprised that all those years of owning and driving all those high powered cars you haven't learnt the first and most important lesson..

You never lend it to a friend, regardless of sex or ethnicity.

Bro... he was my best friend from high school. I trusted him. This was like 2005 though, so yes, I have learned a LOT since then.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:13 PM   #123
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,910 Times in 3,872 Posts
The problem with driver aides is that people who always drive with them have no idea how to deal with them failing, and a lot of these aides do not have good failure methods (think of blind spot indicators).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
keep that active for kids when they go out and when they can prove that they're not little shit heads, just change everything.
The problem is that would require someone to be a good parent, something that the kind of idiot who gives an 18 year old a brand new limited edition Merc generally isn't.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #124
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy604 View Post
I am interested in what the police officer said to the kid driving the mustang?

Spoiler!

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #125
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Way to judge the entire population by the behaviour of 1% of them. All the so call mainlander you see here are probabaly Rich and have no direct driving experience beside their supercar they got when they landed here. Go to China, most of the ppl their drive shitty cars day in and day out in mess up traffic. Imo these rich kids are just behaving like how all rich spoil kids. Nothing to do with nationality.
Spot on, spoiled fucks will always be spoiled fucks regardless of race.

I don't know if this is a well known fact or not, but people who are here from China are mostly quite well off. The amount of money needed in their bank account need to be quite a bit before they are granted a visa. Normal/middle class people won't be able to come here much. Which is why there are so many rich spoiled brats here that don't give 2 fucks.

So any update on the injuries?
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: