REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS
Thanked 3,384 Times in 778 Posts
I dont think CP is that bad..ive ordered plenty of times using them with shipments coming from china. Usual time it took for my items to arrive was 2-3weeks and I didnt have tracking either. Purolator has also been good as they allow for you to pickup from their warehouse. Note about purolator though, You will likely not recieve your item on a Monday because they do all their business shipments first and then they get down to you.
'16 WRX
Old 04-16-2015, 01:36 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
Thanked 1,231 Times in 495 Posts
For anything coming from Asia... one word: EMS.

I have sent multiple packages to myself/wife when I was in Taiwan and never had a problem.

Cheap out once using Airmail and it took forever (tracking just showed it was "in process").

What I don't understand is how Canada Post pricing works. I sent a pkg that's 4.xKG via EMS and it was just a tad over 50CAD after conversion at the time (13xxTWD)

I mailed it on Monday morning in TW and my wife got it on Wednesday afternoon here. No hassle no fuss.

I came back to Canada, and a check to US took over a week to arrive (mind you, once it got to US, USPS took 1.5days to deliver from here to Ohio) and it costs me 35CAD?!?
Nothing for now
Old 04-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #28
y'all better put some respeck on my name
Thanked 6,956 Times in 1,875 Posts
So got my phone today after I spoke with a CP supervisor a couple days ago. It was sent EMS and it was sent to Grand Prairie a total of 4 times. In fact, someone in Grand Prairie had to attach a had written note, in all cap letters, that my item was suppose to be sent to Vancouver. My address on the original shipping slip was correct.

The incompetence of Canada Post is beyond me, imagine the resources it took for my parcel to be bounced around from Richmond to Grand Prairie for the past couple of weeks.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2015, 02:29 PM   #29
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.
Thanked 1,429 Times in 719 Posts
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If there's liquid or batteries in it, they are really cracking down. Cologne and cell phones have a very good chance of being returned to the shipper
Any reasons why they are doing this?
Old 04-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #30
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
Thanked 7,131 Times in 2,863 Posts
Canada Post keeps lowering the bar, even though nobody wants to play limbo. lol
Yolo should be replaced with, "You Only Die Once!"

RS - helping FOB's blend in with Canadian society and culture since its inception. god bless
Old 04-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #31
Hacked RS to become a mod
Thanked 16,872 Times in 5,077 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Any reasons why they are doing this?
They are considered 'dangerous articles' by the universal postal union. Lithium batteries can explode, and I guess they're worried about fires on planes. Also anything flammable has always been banned, and cologne/perfume are highly flammable

You can get away with trying to sneak them in, but just recently I had 2 packages that were inspected on the way out, and returned to me. They both had hair mousse which is compressed flammable and therefore "dangerous"

So they have to be sent via surface, which takes 60-90 days instead of 7-10 days.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS
Thanked 2,294 Times in 663 Posts
It's ok we had a check sent from Minnesota to Vancouver BC in February and it arrived a few days ago. It went to Bermuda
El escarabajo de limones

MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
Old 04-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #33
Even when im right, is still right!
Thanked 1,453 Times in 457 Posts
Package showed up at my door, it's X's official accountant certificate with three zip codes on it. Contacted the organization for the proper address and now I'll be delivering it tomorrow evening. There were so many Canada Post redirect stickers on it that I could not tell where the hell it was supposed to go.