REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Old 04-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
2002 Acura RSX Premium (Whole or parts) - $1500obo

Posting for my brother, though as he's not on the site, I'm the go to contact for this.

Why so cheap? Couple major reasons:

- Engine problems. Timing appears to have jumped a couple teeth. It will still crank and turn over but will die as soon as you let go of the throttle. Without having a chance to take a look at it and check the timing and what CEL codes it's throwing, I'm just going by hearsay. However, Langley Acura claims the timing is off, so I'll trust what they have to say for the moment. As a result, the engine may or may not be toast. There's a K20 longblock up in Armstrong for $350, if you want, and I'm sure others closer to the Lower Mainland can be had for roughly the same price.

- Rebuilt title. Car had a branch fall on the roof many years ago. The repair itself seems to have been done quite well as you can't notice the point of impact. However, the paint job was less than stellar and there is now some clear coat peeling off the roof.

- A few other issues. The windshield washer pump needs a new, er, pump mechanism. The hatch takes in water around the tailights, so new gaskets are needed. Driver's seatbelt stopped latching. Oh, and it's throwing some sort of SRS code. I don't have a scanner that reads that, so I've never been able to track down why it's doing so.

Apart from those issues (which, admittedly, may seem like quite a lot), it's actually not in bad shape. It's a K20 5spd Premium with a full load (not sure if nav was ever an option for that year, but it's got black leather, sunroof, power this and power that). Brother also installed a Type S spoiler that was colour matched, some sort of aftermarket exhaust, lowered suspension and aftermarket rims. Nothing fancy or expensive, but all seemed to work without issue. The body itself is straight and in good condition, as is the interior (apart from the seat belt issue I've already mentioned).

I wont be in the Lower Mainland until May Long weekend as I'm heading across the country for work, but any generated interest I'll pass along and then you can deal with my brother.

If enough interest is had for parts and the total exceeds scrap value, and you're able to wait for parts until May Long weekend, I'll strip the car and part it out before having the shell towed away, unless you're also interested in the shell.

Whole car, asking $1500obo.
Parts, well it'll depend on what you want.

Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote