REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Motorsports

REVscene Motorsports RS Motorsports by The Speed Syndicate
RS Race Team
Pitt Meadows & Mission Raceway. Organize Race Pre-meets, post Racing related event Pics and discussion. In collaboration with The Speed Syndicate, Official race events presenter. [Solicitation of Professional Racing Events Allowed]

Old 04-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Local Rallycross

I'm a big fan of rally, and I'm wondering if anyone has knows of any rallycross or related events in the GVRD or surrounding areas.
I know of the rally in Merrit each October, but my understanding is that it isn't for amateurs, I'm looking for something a more stockish car could do, hopefully local.
Advertisement
Zoomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
Old School RS

Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,205 Posts
Does not exist in the GVRD unfortunately. The nearest one in years past was Hope, I am not sure if they are running any this year.

Mark
Old 04-21-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Pacific Forest Rally (PFR) in Merritt requires a fully prepped car, which actually isn't that bad to get but is still a big jump. There's some ice racing in the winter, possibly rallycross in Hope during the summer as Mark said, and rallycross up at Big White in the early winter that can be done with stock/nearly stock cars. There's also TSD rallies scattered around here, there was a novice event in Mission this past weekend and there's another novice event August 22. The novice events are set at lower speeds on fully paved roads so they're a good way to try out TSD rally with absolutely anything that's road legal. It's also a good way to test the skills and intestinal fortitude of your co driver as they're shorter (about 4 hrs total). They're also cheap, this last one was $40 or $50 with a second route book (which I recommend so the driver can learn the math as well and double check the co drivers work).

Up from that are the full TSD rallies, Thunderbird was in February but No Alibi is June 6/7 in Kennewick, Washington; Heart of Darkness is July 18/19 in Merritt; Totem is Nov 21-22 out of Cache Creek. Most if not all of them offer a free novice school for drivers and co drivers the night before so it's just as feasible to jump straight into one of them.

The sites you want to watch are RallyBC Home and Canada West for info on upcoming rallies in this corner of the world.

RBC - WCRA Novice Series is a really good source of info for novices as well.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 04-21-2015 at 09:05 PM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #4
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Damn, was hoping for more events. Thanks for the info!
Zoomy is offline   Reply With Quote