REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 05-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
Continental updates the DWS

The Continental DWS 06: Higher Performance from an All-Season Tire

What appears to the most popular A/S enthusiast tire gets updated.

My set of DWS have been great but the wet weather edge have come off them - probably due for a new set in the next 12 months. Hope the DWS 06 are just as terrific.
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
I swapped over to Continental DWS tires a few years ago and have been very impressed with their performance in all conditions, especially the wet fast corners on the Sea to Sky. I also have DWS Conti snow tires and they are great snow tires. I'm sold - won't be changing any time in the near future.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I prefer the michelin Super sports to the conti but they are pretty close
Flatsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:45 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I also got a set of DWS's for my e30. Totally transformed the car! I always thought I had a problem with wheel bearings until I got those tires.

Before I had a set of Kumho Supra Ecsta tires. Boy they were loud and hard! For beinga "performance" tire, they were just garbage. Never buying anything Kumho ever again. The only reason why manufacturers put them on their cars when new, is because they are CHEAP!
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Great to hear, and great tire

I'm currently running them on my IS300, and they have been good to me even during that small amount of snow we had 2 years ago. Will be buying again when mine wear out
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote