REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 05-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Help with some Photography skills

I have a Cannon 60D and I have a polarizing filer, Every time i take a shot of my car the clear bra on the bumper looks all wonky. I do use a preset in adobe lightroom for a HDR effect is that causing it or am I doing something wrong with my camera
Advertisement
Flatsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

you need to adjust the polarized filter by rotating it. Its block some light therefore giving you some "effects" on your pics. OR remove the polarized filter and it should solve your problem
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2015, 09:18 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,263 Times in 300 Posts
I'd take off the filter, it doesn't seem to play nice with the wavelengths of light from the "clear" bra

Then I would stop doing HDR effects. Play with the highlights and shadows a little if you want, but most easy button HDR effects look like shit
Old 05-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #4
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Regular people love fucking HDR though. I see so many HDR shots on Facebook and Instagram that look like technicolor garbage and get comments like "OMG NICE COLORS."
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #5
I subscribe to Revscene

HDR is fun and all, but most people overdo it and the picture looks silly. OP please start by removing your filter and not using HDR. Focus on learning intro skills like framing your shot with a good background and decent lighting, then move on to "fancy things".
Old 05-09-2015, 10:17 PM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatsix View Post
I do use a preset in adobe lightroom for a HDR effect is that causing it or am I doing something wrong with my camera
It would be a lot easier to tell which thing is the problem if you posted a pre-Photoshop, straight-from-the-camera version of the pic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: