REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:03 AM   #26
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
thing is, everything these days is scripted.

the only shows that are not completely scripted are cooking shows like master chef etc. because at least the people involve have to use SOME of their own ability to create somthing from scratch

other than that, Even shows like house hunters, etc. are all bullshit. We know people who have participted in the Vancouver love it or list it and from the start they film both endings and choose whichever one creates the better show.

Other than sports there is no such thing as "reality TV" anymore, so i find myself not watching anything but sports and movies because with everything else i cant get over the feeling that it's all just scripted bullshit
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 AM   #27
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Even Daredevil is a little hokey, I mean, seriously... the suspension of disbelief I have to maintain is even higher than professional wrestling, MUCH higher.
If you find suspension of disbelief to be an issue, NO superhero movie or tv show is going to be for you.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:30 AM   #28
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

black mirror is lame. multi you're a fuckin hypocrite.

suspension of belief? that black dude lives in a 1984 box. they force you to watch the screens. if you close your eyes it knows and makes you continue to watch.

the black dude freaks out mid episode and smashes his room up. then hides a piece of broken glass as a weapon.

SUSPENSION OF BELIEF? he's monitored every moment but suddenly isn't. there's no acknowledgement of the destruction and things continue normal until he uses that glass as a weapon.
yea that makes perfect sense in a world where you are a hamster on a wheel and your entire enslavement is based on the screens. you smash the screens and nothing happens.

and with all that rage he just becomes another sell out. oh wow so tragic and ironic and todays society or some shit.

i found black mirror to be predictable and boring. i was literally calling out everything that happened as i watched it. i was ruining it (even more) for the people i was watching it with.

or the fact that the chick gives him the origami penguin and says they only let you keep it for a day. yet he keeps it as well as the compliance juice box which is a huge part of the ending.

what type of idiot expects MAINSTREAM HOLLYWOOD to "connect his brain to new ideas"

OMG WE KIDNAP PRINCESS AND MAKE PM FUCK A PIG ON TV. HAHAHAH OMG SO HILARIOUS AND ORIGINAL. OR IT'S THE SAME TIRED KIDNAPPED STORYLINE DONE ON CSI, CRIMINAL MINDS, AND EVERY CRIME SHOW OR HOKEY LIAM NESSON MOVIE. THE "TWIST"? SOME ART FAG KIDNAPPED THE HEIR TO THE THRONE FOR AN ARTISTIC STATEMENT. JUST BRUSH OVER HOW SOME NUB KIDNAPPED HER AND KEPT HER HIDDEN.

OMG 1984 DYSTOPIAN FUTURE. THEY USE TV & MEDIA TO CONTROL EACH PERSON LIVING IN A BOX. REAL ORIGINAL TOO.

black mirror is shit and you're shit for acting like it's the shit.

Last edited by Hot Karl; 05-15-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Hot Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
The Watchmen is so far beyond "superhero" movie it isn't even in the same league.

It is smart as fuck.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post

black mirror is shit and you're shit for acting like it's the shit.
You are the lowest-common-denominator
Old 05-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
i found black mirror to be predictable and boring. i was literally calling out everything that happened as i watched it. i was ruining it (even more) for the people i was watching it with.

I bet you're a real fun person to be around
Old 05-15-2015, 09:52 AM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
The Watchmen is so far beyond "superhero" movie it isn't even in the same league.

It is smart as fuck.
well thats what i mean. it is nominally a "superhero" movie but it deconstructs the genre and is primarily a discussion on the flaws of human ethical philosophies. so a superhero work can be bad, or good - just depends on the writing.

of course im biased as can be seen by my avatar.

if you're looking for more thought provoking superhero fare, check out Alan Moore. he's probably the greatest comic book writer ever IMO
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2015, 12:53 PM   #33
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
almost any tv show that is on network television generally sucks. unless its on hbo or the like the writers are so constrained.... plus no swearing and no tits.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #34
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Im a sucker for most of these superhero tv shows, but Super Girl looks like meh. But i'll probably still watch it.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:43 PM   #35
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

imo these live-action super hero tv shows just cheapen the brand. At least cartoons won't need to worry about tv budget special effects.
Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #36
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Cap Winter Soldier doe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote