REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-24-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
icbc hit and run question

I got backed into and left a minor scratch
I have the dash cam video of him clearly hitting me

Do all estimates have to be done through an adjuster at ICBC or can they also be done at an ICBC certified shop?

Just a bit hesitant in bringing my car straight to ICBC
Can they get me VI'd lol
Advertisement
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
pm sent

but to answer this question. if you have a video, ur fine. a shop like mine can do the estimate. estimates are usually done by icbc if its the parties fault or if theres unknown factors that they want to clear up.
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Go online to ICBC.com, fill out your claim report, you'll get a claim number, and you just take that to your body shop of choice, where they'll do the estimate. After that you can talk to an adjuster about your video... even if they want you to bring it down in person, nobody will be bothered to look at your car; that's being handled by the body shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #4
I don't get it

Bottom line, ICBC cannot issue you a VI.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Go online to ICBC.com, fill out your claim report, you'll get a claim number, and you just take that to your body shop of choice, where they'll do the estimate. After that you can talk to an adjuster about your video... even if they want you to bring it down in person, nobody will be bothered to look at your car; that's being handled by the body shop.

hit and run reports must be done over the phone
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:39 AM   #6
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
alright called in and an appointment was made at the kingsway claim center
anyone know if it's slammed car friendly there?
i can see the driveway on google maps and should be fine, but im not sure if theres any sort of speed bumps or steep driveway inside or on the way out

has anyone been there recently?
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:56 AM   #7
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C View Post
alright called in and an appointment was made at the kingsway claim center
anyone know if it's slammed car friendly there?
i can see the driveway on google maps and should be fine, but im not sure if theres any sort of speed bumps or steep driveway inside or on the way out

has anyone been there recently?
Was just there yesterday morning, inside is flat, no speedbumps. I think the driveway slopes down to the inspection floor? I'll pull the dashcam footage to confirm if you want. I wasn't really paying attention to the slope.

ICBC says I have 2 years to find the red car that did the hit and run and scraped up my SUV door. Like that'll ever happen.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2015, 12:03 PM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Checked the footage. Normal flat street to driveway ramp, and it's pretty much flat all the way through. Definately no speedbumps.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2015, 02:08 PM   #9
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,415 Times in 5,097 Posts
I like a lowered car as much as the next person... heck mine is lowered... but damn at what point is your car useless as... well... a car?
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:29 AM   #10
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
disregard all of the above lol. hit and runs must be reported by phone, and yes, they will want to take a look themselves half the time. a lot of the time I'll submit a hit and run claim from the shop level and icbc will look at my photos/estimate and either approve it then and there if it's straightforward, or will call it into a claim centre for one of their estimators to look at in person. better to just go there from the get go and get it done in one stop. ps - don't wash your car til after your appointment

also unless your dashcam got a plate, you'll still have to pay your deductible on an approved hit and run
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: