REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Reporting bad/aggressive drivers with video footage .. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703559-reporting-bad-aggressive-drivers-video-footage.html)

quattrorocket 05-25-2015 08:47 PM

Reporting bad/aggressive drivers with video footage ..

So I just upgraded to a front/rear camera in the car last week and today caught this asshat that turned in front of me in a left turn at an intersection and just as we got onto the next street he slowed and veered toward the curb side of the road. I briefly thought about passing, as there is frequent stopping along this no stopping side of this road but I thought better. And thankfully I waited because this idiot immediately swung left and did a u turn and I nearly plowed into him.

His driving is bad enough but to make matters worse when I honked he flipped me the bird and started yelling at me. I know the cops cant be everywhere but I have the video of his driving and his aggressive "I've done nothing wrong" attitude is gonna cause a real incident someday. I would feel great if my footage was a mark against him, maybe a warning call/letter/visit so that when he does something stupid in the future and an unfortunate victim has no video evidence there is a mark against him showing history of bad decisions and behavior.

What can/do I do with this 1 minute video ?

TIA.

BrownBear 05-25-2015 08:59 PM

Reporting bad/aggressive drivers with video footage ..

Email it to his dean.

mk1freak 05-25-2015 08:59 PM

post here

fliptuner 05-25-2015 09:13 PM

xXSupa emailed a vid to Rmd RCMP and the guy ended up getting a visit.

quattrorocket 05-25-2015 09:22 PM

For those interested here he is ...

xXSupa 05-26-2015 12:16 AM

I've heard from people that sometimes a simple online report (even without video footage) will issue a warning from the Police. I've also heard situations where the other driver actually stopped, came out, and hit camera car's door, causing a dent (all caught on camera), and the police completely ignored the report.

Could go both ways, but I say report it to the local PD. Worth a try.

meme405 05-26-2015 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXSupa (Post 8640612)
I've heard from people that sometimes a simple online report (even without video footage) will issue a warning from the Police. I've also heard situations where the other driver actually stopped, came out, and hit camera car's door, causing a dent (all caught on camera), and the police completely ignored the report.

Could go both ways, but I say report it to the local PD. Worth a try.

Agreed, depends on who reads or receives what you sent.

I'm with you though, police can't be everywhere, but I think that a simple visit with video footage as evidence and a stern talking to, would 100% make people think twice about some of the dumb shit they do while driving. It shows them that even though the police might not be there, they can still be held accountable.

In xXsupa's case that's exactly what happened. Unfortunately in the other case he mentioned, lazy policing, and a myriad of bullshit excuses were used and the case wasn't dealt with for months, and not without an extreme level of hassle for the individual reporting it.

So it's up to you if it's worth it to go through the trouble. For what it's worth here is the information provided by DriveSmartBC on what to do:

Q&A - Making a Driving Complaint to Police | DriveSmartBC

sebberry 05-26-2015 08:59 AM

Shame them on the interwebs and let it go.

The camera is there first for your protection, second for evidence if you witness a crash and least important is reporting people like that. Too often people with dashcams think they are now the road sheriff out to change the behavior of others. No need to hang around after some twit pulls a U-turn.

hchang 05-26-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownBear (Post 8640534)
Email it to his dean.

This joke got old real quick

tiger_handheld 05-26-2015 04:45 PM

OP didn't you see this coming when he made the left and all of a sudden moved to the right but kept going still?

You seem to have gotten even closer when he was initiating his U-turn.

seems like you just want to use your new toy =\

ass hats happen to us everyday...just flip them the bird and move on.

XplicitLuder 05-26-2015 05:37 PM

doesnt make it right ^ lol

inv4zn 05-27-2015 09:55 AM

Where can you report online?

I have video of an asshole throwing a bottle out of his sunroof at me on the knight street bridge, and Richmond RCMP website says all "crimes" must be reported by phone, so I didn't bother.

Is there really an online tool?

Hot Karl 05-27-2015 10:41 AM

i was expecting more from the video. i see idiots doing shit like that all the time.

xXSupa 05-27-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 8641157)
Where can you report online?

I have video of an asshole throwing a bottle out of his sunroof at me on the knight street bridge, and Richmond RCMP website says all "crimes" must be reported by phone, so I didn't bother.

Is there really an online tool?

Online Crime Reporting

There won't be an option to include a video, but you can send them that if they ask for it later on.

Edit: This link is specifically for the Richmond RCMP. I don't know about other cities' police departments.

Soundy 05-28-2015 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 8640793)
This joke got old real quick

Don't care.

http://i.imgur.com/81GNdMj.gif

It also has turbo.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mated/noob.gif

skidmark 06-20-2015 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=xXSupa;8641381]Online Crime Reporting[QUOTE]

Having had a quick look at the link, it seems fairly obvious to me that all it is there for is to gather stats and give you a file number to present to your insurance company. Unless a miracle happens nothing further will be done.

Brianrietta 06-20-2015 02:21 PM

Whoa, welcome back skidmark! We missed you around these parts.

Soundy 06-20-2015 05:25 PM

[quote=skidmark;8650297][QUOTE=xXSupa;8641381]Online Crime Reporting
Quote:

Having had a quick look at the link, it seems fairly obvious to me that all it is there for is to gather stats and give you a file number to present to your insurance company. Unless a miracle happens nothing further will be done.
Well hello stranger!

Flatsix 06-21-2015 06:25 AM

Just call the non emergency line, give them the plate and what he did, they will make a note on his file and when a bunch of people keep calling about him they will talk to him.