REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 06-15-2015, 02:23 PM   #51
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

So did the recipient live anywhere close to you?
Advertisement
roopi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2015, 10:36 PM   #52
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

no, was pretty far away. Canada Post messed up so badly.
Retrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:09 AM   #53
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Bumping an old thread for help.

I ordered some car parts from a dealership in the states, it was shipped via UPS ground to Blaine WA. UPS's tracking status never indicated they scanned the package, it just says a slip was created, waiting for pick up.

1 day after the scheduled delivery date, I contact the dealership to ask if they really did ship out the package. They file a Lost Package claim with UPS. UPS tracking now says they're doing an investigation and that the last location was Blaine WA. It's been 2 days since the claim was filed and I haven't heard back from UPS or the dealership.

How long am I supposed to wait for UPS to find the package or declare it lost? I paid with MC via PayPal, can I just do a dispute/chargeback on Paypal?

Thanks for any advice.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:23 AM   #54
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
PayPal gives you up to 180 days to make a claim now, so you're not in any rush on that front. UPS are a bunch of pricks though so I'd keep calling them every couple days til they can give you an answer.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:27 AM   #55
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
PayPal gives you up to 180 days to make a claim now, so you're not in any rush on that front. UPS are a bunch of pricks though so I'd keep calling them every couple days til they can give you an answer.
UPS won't give me any info because I'm the receiver. They told me to contact the shipper. The dealership will only say that UPS is doing an investigation. I figure I'll give them a week before I see if MC or Paypal can reverse the charges.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #56
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Did you ever get a tracking number?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:39 PM   #57
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,801 Times in 3,898 Posts
I don't think a slip can be created without a tracking #

I wouldn't worry too much about it..paypal sides with buyer easily when packages are missing.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #58
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I had another issue where Canada Post destroyed my tail lights from Japan, it took about a week for Canada Post to do their investigation and another week for the funds to be refunded to seller. Then finally they were able to send a replacement. I'd suspect UPS would take about similar time. And like UPS Canada Post refused to talk to me, luckily the seller was able to keep me up to date.
Retrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:14 PM   #59
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

back in nov, I was waiting for a package. I was outside when cp pulled up. I waited eagerly for buddy to jump out of his truck with my package in hand. he drove off. 10 minutes later, I got an email saying my package was delivered. WTF. I went back and forth with cp and bestbuy for almost 10 days. bestbuy unexpectedly called me, telling me they had my package. my package was apparently delivered to the wrong place and the recipient had dropped it off at the store.

whatever the case, I got my package. I don't know why somebody would drive their ass all the way down to bestbuy, when my house is probably just down the street from theirs.

I get mail and shit for the same address on the next street and I just go over and drop it off. not a big deal. just wondering how much shit goes missing over the years ��
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2016, 08:52 PM   #60
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
^ the best for me was when I got the key for the larger shared compartment in my community mailbox, but the package in there wasn't for my address (the street was correct but the number wasn't even close). I had been waiting for a package so I initially assumed they got the keys mixed up but nope, mine showed up 2 days later.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:15 PM   #61
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
It's up to 2 to 8 business days for the trace to be completed.

Sometimes, it is at UPS's "lost and found" storage or warehouse hub.

Hopefully, it's there.

However, when you said only a scan that says "slip was created, waiting for pickup", that means UPS never picked up the package.

OR, in the extremely rare instance, UPS did pick up the package but forgot to scan it.

Even then, even if UPS forgot to first scan it into the system during the pickup location, after a day, there definitely should be more scans.

But, there are no scans.

So, either the seller didn't actually ship it, or it is with UPS, but at the originating warehouse near your dealer and not moving (stuck on a warehouse sortation shelf).

In any case, it is 2 to 8 business days for a trace.

I would still bug the seller about updates, because you won't get any updates.

The seller or shipper would get the updates.

Good luck.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2016, 04:37 AM   #62
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Talking about UPS, they're the worst. I ordered an expensive guitar that had the additional adult signature required added by the seller. I'm at work tracking it and next thing I know the status changed to 'received' and the signed by field said my name.... It was 1pm and I had been in the office since 8am. I came home to find that they dropped it off outside of my garage door and the truck driver just bullshitted the signed by part. I live in a townhouse complex where every single unit can see each other's garages....
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote