REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Missing Package: Advice Needed (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703568-missing-package-advice-needed.html)

Retrac 05-26-2015 12:07 AM

Missing Package: Advice Needed

Hey,

So I'm in a difficult situation,

-I ordered a camshaft and valve springs from a company in Germany on March 30 2015.

Being a international shipment I understood that it would require time.

-However on May 6th I checked my tracking number and DHL had delivered it to Canada Post.

-Canada Post claims to have delivered it on May 4th obtaining a signature of a person I have no idea of.

-This person also paid my $100 duties and taxes.

I contacted the seller immediately and they responded with a, "uh-oh, are you sure neighbours didn't take it?"

-I checked with all my immediate neighbours and no one had taken it.

-I've called Canada Post and they, again claim to have delivered to my house and that the duties was paid. When asked if they could have delivered to the wrong house, they told me to tell the seller to start an investigation.

-Communication with the seller has been slow due to the time zone difference and them being busy. But I've been hounding them to start an investigation, when they informed me the investigation has been started they have begun ignoring my emails.

-I've since started a PayPal dispute which they have ignored until I escalated it.

What are my options? I feel like it was a driver error and if Canada Post would just follow up on it, it could be solved easily. Also the guy paid $100+ in duties for a box he didn't order?! What's he going to do with my camshaft?Wouldn't Canada Post have the info for the person who paid?

I'm out on my money and my parts. Sucks pretty bad.

Thanks for any advice.

Marshall Placid 05-26-2015 12:16 AM

# 1 - Ask DHL or CPC what was the address it was delivered to.

They should have a record either from the shipment tracking # or the label on it.

# 2 - Ask for the picture of the signature.

# 3 - If anything, Canada Post or DHL could go to the same address they delivered the item to, and retrieve it back from the recipient.

This is possible, but you have to press your case to DHL (the original shipping company).

# 4 - Your seller in Germany cannot help you, unless they sent it to the wrong address (which is their fault then, so see # 1 note above).

# 5- This is probably what happened:

Sometimes, CPC postal offices are lazy and deliver it to the NEAREST postal outlet nearest to your address instead of directly to your address (so they save on time).

What most people don't know is that (to the best of my knowledge), the postal officers get off work as soon as they finish their planned route, so the quicker they finish their route, the quicker then get to leave work.

It could be there, waiting for you to pick up all along.

Go to the nearest postal outlet, show the CPC person there your tracking # and address, and they will go to the back of the outlet and search for your item.

# 6 - Good luck.

Retrac 05-26-2015 12:25 AM

Thanks Marshall,

I've verified with the Canada Post CS that they 'delivered' it to my house.

I have the signature of the person from the Canada Post email they sent to the seller.

That is what I really hope would happen but every Canada Post person I speak to is telling me only seller can launch investigation. Basically telling me I can't do anything.

I checked my local post office where I usually pick up my parcels but they didn't have it. Again telling me I can't do anything, only seller can launch investigation.

Thanks, I probably do need a change of luck lol

BrownBear 05-26-2015 04:31 AM

Missing Package: Advice Needed

Similar thing happened with my tie rod. DHL is complete garbage. Just keep emailing and calling them everyday like I did. Also you can email DHL's president. I got lucky Moog suspension provides such great customer service. It took 3 weeks and I still didn't get anything so they decided to send me a new tie rod and said they'd just deal with DHL. Just keep harassing everyone till you get your part back. My package got signed by some stranger and my duties paid too, they had lost my package though so idk how that happened

meme405 05-26-2015 05:20 AM

Christ. My brakes are coming via DHL. If someone jacks a 4K+ package for the cost of duties cause they are too stupid to realize that person isn't me, I am going to be the most upset individual in the world.

Let us know if you get this resolved, sounds like a complete failure on DHL's part, that's assuming that the seller shipped to the correct address.

Retrac 05-26-2015 09:40 AM

I've tried contacting the local DHL, but they told me I have to deal with the German DHL. Since its not their problem.

DHL Germany delivered it to Canada Post and that's where the problem arose.

I'll keep harassing everyone and hope for some updates.

Thanks for the advices so far!

Phil@rise 05-26-2015 02:48 PM

where do you live? we constantly recieve packages from the next street over on 128a we live on 128. I imagine they get ours as well.

Retrac 05-26-2015 02:56 PM

I live along Westminster Hwy, so I'm not sure where else it could have went.

Been holding out hope that the person who received it would realize the mistake and contact me.

underscore 05-26-2015 03:16 PM

Since there were duties, do they not also have the CC info of the person who paid said duties? PayPal should rule in your favour, so it's really in the best interests of the seller to get it sorted before they do so (although having been in a similar situation I know you'd rather just get the parts).

I'd be pushing CP pretty hard for them to confirm who paid for it and exactly where it was delivered to (at the very least which post office it went through) and go talk to any addresses that may have been miswritten (ie if you live at 691 see if there's a 619 Westminster Hwy).

Coren 05-26-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrac (Post 8640614)
Thanks Marshall,

I've verified with the Canada Post CS that they 'delivered' it to my house.

I have the signature of the person from the Canada Post email they sent to the seller.

That is what I really hope would happen but every Canada Post person I speak to is telling me only seller can launch investigation. Basically telling me I can't do anything.

I checked my local post office where I usually pick up my parcels but they didn't have it. Again telling me I can't do anything, only seller can launch investigation.

Thanks, I probably do need a change of luck lol

Only the seller can initiate the investigation because they are customer. They are the ones who paid for the shipping. Only thing you can do is keep bugging the sellers to push Canada post to find out what happened.

jeedee 05-26-2015 05:03 PM

Damn that sucks

Had something similar happen to me except the "someone else paid the duties" part (like wtf).

Package said delivered but i never received shit. No notice card nothing. Called Canada Post, went to my post office, went to New West mail center, talked to the supervisor there and they all gave me the "but it says delivered" crap :derp:

Waited a few more days, doorbell rings and the Canada Post mailman delivers it to me... :rukidding:

Hope you get your parts!

Retrac 05-26-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8640806)
Since there were duties, do they not also have the CC info of the person who paid said duties? PayPal should rule in your favour, so it's really in the best interests of the seller to get it sorted before they do so (although having been in a similar situation I know you'd rather just get the parts).

I'd be pushing CP pretty hard for them to confirm who paid for it and exactly where it was delivered to (at the very least which post office it went through) and go talk to any addresses that may have been miswritten (ie if you live at 691 see if there's a 619 Westminster Hwy).

That's what I've been hoping CP would do for me, but they aren't releasing any information because of privacy.:okay:

murd0c 05-26-2015 09:36 PM

why not ask for a receipt and proof of payment? They say it was delivered to you so there for showing your ID should be enough since you should of signed for it

Retrac 05-26-2015 09:41 PM

I have the digital receipt and signature, no idea who it is though. I told them it wasn't me and at that point they tell me to tell seller to start investigation.

Not sure if bad procedure or bad customer service. Probably a combination.

smoothie. 05-26-2015 10:21 PM

This is gonna be a cluster fuck.

Start PayPal dispute if you haven't already

Retrac 05-26-2015 11:54 PM

Yeah the dispute is started but worried that because it shows up as delivered, PayPal will side with the seller.

320icar 05-27-2015 12:51 AM

Make it clear to pay pal that the seller has to start the dispute with Canada post, and their failure to act (as you describe) will cost you the money plus the part!

underscore 05-27-2015 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrac (Post 8641039)
Yeah the dispute is started but worried that because it shows up as delivered, PayPal will side with the seller.

If it comes to that, I'd be telling PayPal you want proof that it was delivered to you and the duties paid for with your credit card.

Retrac 05-27-2015 06:01 PM

I haven't been able to submit anything to PayPal yet and the seller hasn't responded to my 3 emails in the past week. Things are looking bad. I'll update if anything happens.

Thanks everyone.

Retrac 06-07-2015 05:49 PM

PayPal has ruled in favour of the seller, I'm trying to appeal the decision.

The seller has informed me the camshaft will have db 2F stamped on it.

:okay:

320icar 06-07-2015 06:10 PM

Horse shit. :( did you get a picture of the signature? Did you get a copy of the receipt from paying duty? If it was REALLY you, no one should have any reason to NOT provide you with the information

Retrac 06-07-2015 06:24 PM

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/s...=CU648439163CA

The delivery notice, I'll call Canada Post again tomorrow to see if they'll release the information. Slim hope though.

punkwax 06-07-2015 06:28 PM

Fuck paypal.. they've screwed me before too and sided with the seller on undelivered goods. BS

knight604 06-07-2015 07:21 PM

Friend at Canada post , said maybe try calling the HQ in Toronto.

Also says it is Canada Posts' responsibly to deliver it the right address as well.

He will ask his supervisor tonight and see what he says.

PM if you wanna send me more details.

Retrac 06-07-2015 07:23 PM

Is there a specific number for the HQ? I've been calling the 1-800 number but it leads me to customer service.