REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:54 PM   #51
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Research?

A lack of evidence doesn't prevent something from being true...it just prevents it from being facts. Facts are what should be taught in school.

If you teach creationism, how about all the other religions that believe in some other theory of how the world came to be? How can you justify teaching Christianity in schools that may have Muslim or Buddhist or whatever other religion kids?

Religion should not be part of education or government. The problem is that people don't understand that what they believe to be true isn't true for everyone.

If religion is that important to you, send your kids to private schools run by religious organizations but teaching religion in school is irresponsible and discriminatory.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 12:57 PM   #52
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
We're going to ban thousands of years of research for a THEORY that's been proved to be false that's only existed for a couple hundred years.

Science has people brainwashed. Instead of banning prayer in school, we should ban science.

END RANT
So god created the internet?

Last edited by Manic!; 05-31-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:24 PM   #53
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
As an aside, another species has been discovered that co-existed with Lucy et al.

'New species' of ancient human found - BBC News

also tools that pre-date humans

Oldest stone tools pre-date earliest humans - BBC News

(seems to be the best place for it :P)
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:31 PM   #54
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
This thread is full of lulz.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:03 PM   #55
HELP ME PLS!!!

I love reading these replies. pretty entertaining!

I grew up going to sunday school every week, etc, however I am completely not religious now. What I got from religion, was that it gave a framework for people to live their lives by, which would be for the betterment of society. It also was a means to explain the unexplainable.

I used to be pretty close-minded, but now I think I've gone completely opposite, and become 100% open-minded. What does that mean? It means I can understand exactly what ulic is conveying. I agree with him on quite a few points. We could all be in a men-in-black marble being played with by ginormous aliens. can we prove it? nope. can we disprove it? nope. But it's entirely plausible 1000 years from now the future-us will look back and laugh at how we believed in 'science'.

on a side note, I laugh at all of the SJW's who make a point of saying they are for gay marriage, but not for polygamy, or any other form of marriage between a man/woman and something else. I'm of the opinion that since the definitely of marriage has now changed, it should be opened up completely.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 04:55 PM   #56
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
on a side note, I laugh at all of the SJW's who make a point of saying they are for gay marriage, but not for polygamy, or any other form of marriage between a man/woman and something else. I'm of the opinion that since the definitely of marriage has now changed, it should be opened up completely.
I'm of the opinion that since marriage has legal impact on things like taxes then any two consenting adults should be allowed to financially and legally join themselves. As marrying a rock (for example) makes no changes to someones legal or financial situation there is no point in the government wasting its time trying to understand it, not to mention the rock cannot possibly consent to the union.

Polygamy is a slightly complex situation and a bit of a special case, it does start to make things a tad complicated when it comes to legal and financial matters and as I recall some groups have tried to use it to illegally dodge taxes and such.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:02 PM   #57
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Treating religion like it's the only truth doesn't belong in school, that's what religious institutions such as churches are for. Religious parents can take their kids to church on Sundays if they want their religion to be taught in detail to their children.

It's really as simple as that, nobody is treading on anyone by banning religious teachings in schools. The only exception is in social studies, briefly covering religion since it relies on the history of humanity as a whole. That isn't to say that students cannot practice religion with themselves on their own time at school.

Ex: "different religions exist, and have existed for (x) years, this is how they influenced society"

Most of what we rely on to keep modern civilization running owes itself to science, so if you feel so strongly about rejecting it, please feel free to slip on your hand stitched wool clothes and run off into the forest.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 05-31-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #58
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
We're going to ban thousands of years of research for a THEORY that's been proved to be false that's only existed for a couple hundred years.

Science has people brainwashed. Instead of banning prayer in school, we should ban science.

END RANT
This has to be sarcastic.
hotshot1 is offline   Reply With Quote