REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Wayward Pines (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703638-wayward-pines.html)

StylinRed 05-29-2015 01:24 AM

Wayward Pines

Has anyone been watching this show? I missed the first episode but the 2nd and 3rd have been pretty good, it seems to be moving at too fast a pace though (guess they're worried about being canceled since it's on FOX)

I'm hesitant to follow it since it's on FOX but it's pretty good

secret service agent gets caught in a town that seems like it's straight out of the Twilight Zone

He can't leave no matter how much he tries and all sorts of crazy shit goes on

it's based on a book trilogy by Blake Crouch

Also it's filmed locally at Agassiz, Coquitlam and what looks like Maple Ridge in some scenes but it's not listed on imdb so /shrug

pintoBC_3sgte 05-30-2015 09:02 PM

Haha I thought I started the series recording in time but it looks like I missed the first two. Thought it was pretty good. Definitely interested to see what will happen next week.

StylinRed 05-31-2015 04:55 AM

well at least im not the only one :lol

quasi 05-31-2015 06:43 PM

Never knew about this, just watched the first 3 episodes. It's different, not sure where it's going but I'll watch for a bit.

7seven 05-31-2015 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8642028)
Has anyone been watching this show? I missed the first episode but the 2nd and 3rd have been pretty good, it seems to be moving at too fast a pace though (guess they're worried about being canceled since it's on FOX)

Also it's filmed locally at Agassiz, Coquitlam and what looks like Maple Ridge in some scenes but it's not listed on imdb so /shrug

It's pacing is fast because its filmed intended to be just a mini series like 24 Live Another Day, WP is only set to be a 10 ep mini, no definite plans yet on if they will put the rest of the book series into filming, lot will depending on how the ratings do.

Some filming was done in Burnaby, Coquitlam, Maple Ride and in Stanley Park, a lot of the upcoming episode forrest/rain tower scenes were all shot in Stanley Park.

Mikoyan 05-31-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 8643045)
It's pacing is fast because its filmed intended to be just a mini series like 24 Live Another Day, WP is only set to be a 10 ep mini, no definite plans yet on if they will put the rest of the book series into filming, lot will depending on how the ratings do.

Some filming was done in Burnaby, Coquitlam, Maple Ride and in Stanley Park, a lot of the upcoming episode forrest/rain tower scenes were all shot in Stanley Park.

That's the new trend now, short series that work for the short attention span of the public now. Helps to binge watch it too.

I've seen it from the beginning, and I'm liking it. Thinking about checking out the three book series, but not sure if i want to "ruin" upcoming episodes, depending if they're sticking close to the book plot or not.

StylinRed 06-17-2015 06:55 PM

oh, im glad this isnt one of those shows where you have to wonder what the big secret is across multiple seasons! the latest episode was cool, looking forward to tomorrows

StylinRed 07-26-2015 03:11 PM

well it ended this past Thursday, thought it was pretty good, especially for the summer

pintoBC_3sgte 07-26-2015 03:55 PM

I thought it was pretty good. pretty exciting finale

jonwon 07-26-2015 04:24 PM

Finale didn't answer shit lol

StylinRed 07-27-2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon (Post 8664246)
Finale didn't answer shit lol

What needed answering for you? For me, it was the secret service supervisor, we saw that clip of him in the video and you can hear he was being chased, someone called out his name so it wasn't you know...

jonwon 07-27-2015 09:03 PM

^ That's what I needed answering for as well. They portrayed him as having some large part in the story, but the only thing we get is that clip they find of him. Also, I recall him having a direct connection to Pilcher.

StylinRed 05-28-2016 08:22 AM

Season 2 has begun, javent seen it yet but from the trailer it looks like they simply rehashed it

kayceeee 06-19-2016 09:02 PM

watched them film by burke mountain.

they were up there for a few weeks

Gh0stRider 06-19-2016 09:25 PM

ya, some filming up on up Burke Mtn

quasi 06-19-2016 09:45 PM

I've found season 2 far less enjoyable, I think I'm done with the series.