REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 05-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #1
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Selling extra game keys with G2A

G2A is a grey market where game keys are resold. I had a lot of extra games in my Steam library since I purchased a lot of 4-packs or bought up multiple copies to give away, if the deal was good enough. G2A supports multiple platforms like Origin, Steam, Desura, or just keys. They charge a fee to list and also when it's sold. While you may feel a bit wary about buying from here, it seems like a good way to unload unwanted games.

To sell a Steam gift, you need to create a gift link. I used one of my emails to receive the link, and then copy/pasted into the listing. Since I just wanted to get rid of the games, I sold for a bit lower than the current lowest price. In some cases, I was selling for a loss. In others, I was actually making a profit. In the end, I think I may have made a little profit.

Once you sell an item, the money goes into your account balance. However, it doesn't become available until 7 days later. Once it becomes available, you can spend it, or sign up for G2A goldmine to withdraw it to something like Paypal or bank transfer. I'm not sure if I want to spend it or withdraw it. I was tempted to get Witcher 3 for 25 USD, but they sold out.
Advertisement

Last edited by Presto; 05-30-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
I bought Witcher 3 for $27 and it worked fine. Only thing is I would have preferred a Steam key over GOG
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2015, 03:32 AM   #3
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I'd be careful about selling on there. It's really easy to get a chargeback ruled in the buyer's favour.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #4
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Fortunately, Most of the items I sold were under $10.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:11 AM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,801 Times in 3,898 Posts
good idea, i get so many keys to games i know i'll never play.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote