REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

sprained ankle

First time spraining my ankle last night playing hockey.
Could not bear weight on it this morning. And have been limping all day.
Went for xray. Indicated it was a lateral sprain, not a fracture or anything else.
I insisted on continuing to play. Have a game this Wednesday. Doc said im ok to play as long as i tape it up real good.

My question-
Is it better to tape it before games or buy a pre-made splint wrap that incorporates the figure 8 stabilizing support?
Whats the pros and cons of each?

hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
If it's bad enough that you can't put weight on it, contrary to what your doc said, I wouldn't play for a week or so - it's not really worth it.

I should add, part of my suggestion is based on the assumption that you're not a pussy-ass bitch, since you can't put weight on it, yet still want to play. Sometimes people with a high pain tolerance are more injured than they think and will make things worst in the long run by returning to work/activity too soon.

Good luck either way.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanks for the suggestions ICE BOY.

Did some research on the net and it seems splinting will be more cost effective in the long run considering i play 2-3x/week.
Doc said itll take 4-6 weeks to heal with full on rest, but longer if i decided to play. So im gonna lace up and play Wednesday to see how it goes with the splint for support.

p.s. this happened when 2 guys rammed me into the net in the 2nd period, and took both pegs completely off. Net went flying into the back board. lol my biggest collision ever for just being there.
When i got up i noticed a sharp pain and knew something fucked up. But adrenaline kept me in it to complete the game. Definitely felt it this morning tho.
Its almost as if players crash the net so hard/fast that they expect the goalie to get out of the way...
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:50 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I wouldn't take the chance but it seems ur deadset on playing. I've rolled my ankles a couple times and what I believe heals it faster is ice 15mins, heat 15mins, rest 15mins and repeat. For hours if u can.

Good thing about skating is that it doesn't involve the ankles as much as u think. I believe u should be ok, as long as u got something supporting it.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:59 PM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
If you're playing for fun as I assume you are, take a couple weeks off.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: