REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 06-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Fallout 4

Advertisement
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Can someone give me a brief background on the games story. Want to actually play this one
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
oO looks too colourful

but hey new fallout, im game
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
so fucking down for this.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:32 PM   #5
I HERP TO YOU DERP

lets go pal
hypediss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #6
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
Can someone give me a brief background on the games story. Want to actually play this one
China & US go to war, Nuclear annihilation. People survived in underground "Vaults"

The game is set in the future after that. So it's a post-apocalyptic wasteland RPG/Shooter.
MitchK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
Fallout 3 and New Vegas are pretty likely to be super cheap with the Steam summer sale so you should pick those up.
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #8
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Fallout 4

it's too colourful for me. maybe they'll do fallout 5 right
BrownBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #9
Rs has made me the man i am today!

aah damnit they dont have fallout 3 or vegas for xbox 1
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #10
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Looks like the west coast from the ad, maybe San Fran or the Bay Area? I dunno
Old 06-03-2015, 02:36 PM   #11
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Looks like the west coast from the ad, maybe San Fran or the Bay Area? I dunno
It's set in Boston.

I cannot contain my excitement for this, I've been making do with playing a heavily modded F:NV for the past year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
Don't worry about color palettes and saturation, minor modding has always fixed gripes like this (ENB for example). It's generally accepted that any new Fallout game will me modded to high hell in no time.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 06-03-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #12

Fallout 4

Some prewar stuff would be cool and different. Especially with it being in Boston and the institute. Like prewar institute would be sick. I watched it on my phone so I can't really comment on the quality everything gonna look better just cause it's a smaller screen. I'll let u no what I think when o watch it on my laptop. The dogs movements were really nice and smooth though. And the faces looked better. I hope its not that colorful though. That's going to throw me off. This is post nuclear war. I get that ya 200+ years after people would he rebuilding. I want more colonies and bigger cities but I still want the radiation and shit. I want a more advanced weather system since it's next gen only. I want more advanced ai. I'm expecting witcher 3 size with this. That should be the new standard for all RPGs. Especially when you have been working on it for 5+ years. I'm happy with the new engine so far. Like from what the trailer shows they really listened and improved the movement and faces. Which was a huge ddlcsall. I don't too much about the other stuff but I don't want like blocks of grass and shit. I hope they get rid of loading screens so it really feels like it's one huge world. No matter what it'll be a great game. Idk if it'll feel like the other fallouts. I hope we get to keep the dog all game long. If 3dogs is back that means the brotherhood is deff back too. I'm hoping for like east vs west vs enclave with them. I really hope we see more fractions though. I don't want like caseaur and NCR. NCR was too good and caseurs too bad. It ruined nv a bit. I'm hoping we can mod the guns though and sandbox type dlcs. They definitely will be either bos, enclave or both they show a lot of people wearing power armor and just the power armor at the end. It would be sick if they added a new faction that uses it. I wonder what those things were in the supermart. Almost looked like zombies to me. I could talk about falloit and fallout lore for days. If anyone is interested pm or text me
Old 06-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #13

Supermarket beings were ghouls, much improved.

Part of the character's story has most likely been revealed already, since the game shows both pre and post war scenes. The trailer starts with the mother and the father of the baby, it then progresses to vault 111 with the same parents and child as the nuke goes off. That would lead me to believe that the character for FO4 is either the infant or the father, though I'm more inclined to say that it's the infant. This is compounded by the fact that the protagonist is wearing a vault 111 jumpsuit. It appears as though at least one of the families in the pre war flashback did not escape before the blast, as their vehicle is still parked in the driveway during the post war sequence.

Weapon modification seems to be a feature, since the board at the back of the safehouse at the end of the trailer has an AER9 laser rifle pegged onto it with various modules surrounding it.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 06-03-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #14

What if the character gets put into cyrosleep. You have to remember this is by the institute. They are considered the most advanced faction to date. We saw something similar with Mr house in nv so it makes sense. It would be cool if you have random flashbacks to prewar life or something similar. I also expect to see a power armor wearing faction, the institute, and the railroad faction from 3. I don't think you'd be the baby because if this game follows previous storylines it'll be roughly 200 years post war. Weapon modding, and more advanced weapons and armor are a must. Also just how by the looks of the size of the cities and colonizes, plus how little radiation you see helps prove that this game is definitely farther ahead than the other games. Cyrosleep makes the most sense if they're going to mix pre war into your story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
Supermarket beings were ghouls, much improved.

Part of the character's story has most likely been revealed already, since the game shows both pre and post war scenes. The trailer starts with the mother and the father of the baby, it then progresses to vault 111 with the same parents and child as the nuke goes off. That would lead me to believe that the character for FO4 is either the infant or the father, though I'm more inclined to say that it's the infant. This is compounded by the fact that the protagonist is wearing a vault 111 jumpsuit. It appears as though at least one of the families in the pre war flashback did not escape before the blast, as their vehicle is still parked in the driveway during the post war sequence.

Weapon modification seems to be a feature, since the board at the back of the safehouse at the end of the trailer has an AER9 laser rifle pegged onto it with various modules surrounding it.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #15
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
I am so hyped for this game. I'm still on a post-apocalyptic-high from Mad Max.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #16
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

There needs to be a brother hood of steel group in boston, I remember my power armor wearing cyborg killing mutants in the wasteland with Star paladin w.e her name is.

If this is what next gen Fallout looks like, I can't wait for the next Elder Scrolls game.
Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #17

Fallout 4

191 days till it's out
Old 06-03-2015, 07:02 PM   #18
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
i have fallout 3 and New Vegas I still need to get around beating lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:11 PM   #19
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
I could never get into New Vegas, which sucks because I really liked 3. Hopefully this one I can get into...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #20

I'm having trouble with the idea of a family member being the protagonist, since they are clearly caught in the nuclear blast before they can enter the vault. I'm thinking that it was just for dramatic effect, and that your character has nothing to do with them at all. It's strange, since the trailer seems to make ties to that specific house and that specific family. Their house has a food and water dish for a pet (dog?) and the character closely resembles the father.

According to the trailer, they'd be ghouls at best after being exposed like that...
Old 06-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #21

What if only you as the baby and your dog make it because vault tech made this vault only for babies and pets for some weird experiments. You get put in crysleep. You wake up and hear that your parents somehow managed to convince the institute to give them shelter, and in return they get experimented on and turned into androids. Now you go on a quest to save them and stop the institute so you can divide their tech among the wastelands and help rebuild humanity from the ground up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
I'm having trouble with the idea of a family member being the protagonist, since they are clearly caught in the nuclear blast before they can enter the vault. I'm thinking that it was just for dramatic effect, and that your character has nothing to do with them at all. It's strange, since the trailer seems to make ties to that specific house and that specific family. Their house has a food and water dish for a pet (dog?) and the character closely resembles the father.

According to the trailer, they'd be ghouls at best after being exposed like that...
Old 06-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #22
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
November 10!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:55 PM   #23
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Remember, remember, the 10th of November.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:01 PM   #24

no fallout shelter for android tho
Cwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:26 AM   #25
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
Actually, most hardcore fans were pretty sad that the wasteland looked so brown. It only takes a few years for nature to bounce back and get lush again. The fans are actually quite happy with the wider color palate.
It makes the fun adventurous bits really exciting and the dark and dreary stuff that much more foreboding.

Full game announcement is here.

Song from the shooty bit is this one
This post thanked by: