REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:36 PM   #26
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
I can only afford die cast model versions of these collector cars.
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2015, 12:10 AM   #27
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Yeah the prices on these are amazing, can't believe the Toyota went for so much
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:46 AM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
What really sux is most of these cars will not be driven but just parked in garages.

1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Alloy Gullwing
$5,500,000 - $6,500,000

I saw 3 or 4 of those last week at a car show in Victoria.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:36 AM   #29
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
The Enzo is not that special in my mind, so yeah 6 mil is a lot...but you could practically name your price for that McLaren F1. So few to begin with, that one is particularly rare, and sweet-looking
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:03 AM   #30
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
I've been spending some time reading the descriptions of some of these cars. Some fascinating history to be learned about these rare cars and their importance in automotive history.

Go edjumacate yourselves if you don't know already!

Example:

1948 Tatra T87

1948 Tatra T87 | Monterey 2015 | RM Sotheby's

Quote:
Based upon the aerodynamic principles of Paul Jaray, the pioneering Hungarian engineer, the Tatra T87 was the work of Austrian-born designer Hans Ledwinka, assisted by the Czech engineer Erich Übelacker.

Ledwinka was with Tatra’s predecessor company, Nesseldorfer Waggonfabrik, of Koprivnice, Czechoslovakia, from 1897. For the Tatra T11, introduced in 1923, he engineered a torsionally rigid backbone chassis with swing-axle suspension and a front-mounted, twin-cylinder air-cooled engine. Successive model T12 continued the formula, while the T17 of 1926 added fully independent suspension and a water-cooled six. A series of models with air-cooled four-cylinder engines continued through the 1930s.

Tatra, as the company had been re-named in 1927 after the prominent mountain range on the Slovak-Poland border, began studying aerodynamics in the early 1930s. Working with Übelacker, Ledwinka investigated the designs of Jaray, who had designed airships for Luftschiffbau Zeppelin. This led to the T77, introduced in 1934, which has been called the world’s first serially produced, aerodynamically designed automobile. A large, six-seat luxury car, the T77 had a rear-mounted, three-liter air-cooled V-8 and was capable of 87 mph. The T87, its logical successor, first appeared in 1936. It improved upon the T77’s handling and exhibited a remarkable 0.36 drag coefficient. A top speed of 100 mph with modest fuel consumption and remarkable acceleration were its hallmarks. The T87 remained in production until 1950, and notables such as King Farouk of Egypt, Archbishop Beran of Prague, Czech president Klement Gottwald, and American, Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist John Steinbeck each owned one. The cars were also a favorite ride of German officers during World War II. Legend persists that they were so reckless in the Tatras that the Wehrmacht Command forbade them from further use.
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:49 AM   #31
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Those prices sounds like some rich idiots drank too much at the auction house.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote