REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:35 AM   #26
I subscribe to Revscene

Stop trying to look through your neighbours window snoop.
Advertisement
akira112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #27
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
The thing is DJI higher end and other CF based drones like self built 6 - 8 copters are light and strong already. (even fiber glass / plastic of lower end ones are pretty light but they tend to shatter). The limiting factor is the batteries. Graphene doesn't solve the energy density problem (your copter have to lift the weight of the battery, so far no one came up with the idea of dropping depleted batteries while in flight).
dude i dont think u understand how much lighter and stronger graphene is compared to anything on the market right now.

its like... fuckin super strong dude. and super light.

u could have a drone made of graphene, and the graphene would only be as thin as like .. half the width of a credit card. and the rotors and everything made of graphene. and it would be stronger than a sheet of steel. and it would be ... like.. lighter than a big paper airplane.

the only weight would be the battery.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:53 PM   #28
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
You do realize commercialization of graphene is still decades away.. you will see it in F1 cars first why before it appears in $2000 drones.

Right now the weigh of the high end structures is already pretty light. It is the motors, gimbal and camera (other than batteries that takes up the weight). We still haven't got graphene motors (not sure we can).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
dude i dont think u understand how much lighter and stronger graphene is compared to anything on the market right now.

u could have a drone made of graphene, and the graphene would only be as thin as like .. half the width of a credit card. and the rotors and everything made of graphene. and it would be stronger than a sheet of steel. and it would be ... like.. lighter than a big paper airplane.

godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #29
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:

Graphene is highly conductive, same reason using carbon fibre is a stupid idea, especially for distant/high altitude flying. Sure saving weight is great but locking yourself out is worst. If you want endurance get a plane.
KDMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:40 PM   #30
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
what about a really light FPV racer? LOL

im more interested in that!
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #31
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
what about a really light FPV racer? LOL

im more interested in that!
When. For proximity/fast flights you'll want to have 360 coverage and no room for shadowing because of the constant banking and rolls. I've never used 2.4ghz for that type of flying either, just because there will probably be trees/obstacles blocking signal.
KDMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:10 AM   #32
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
was talking to a client about drones today
he says his brand new phantom3 basically stopped working on him mid air and crashed.. dji replaced it quickly tho...

so scared cuz im gonna be buying a phantom3 within the next 60days here....
can't find the 3dr solo here in asia yet either....
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:06 AM   #33
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
My former boss got headhunted for 3DR (he's now the VP) and he recently shared a video of them on CBS This Morning on FB. Apparently Best Buy will be stocking them in the States (not sure about Canada).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/home-pro...&ref=201&loc=7
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2015, 08:08 AM   #34
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
My former boss got headhunted for 3DR (he's now the VP) and he recently shared a video of them on CBS This Morning on FB. Apparently Best Buy will be stocking them in the States (not sure about Canada).

3DR Solo Drone: Solo Smart Drone - Best Buy
London drugs will carry in canada...or at least all the way from vancouver to manitoba
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:41 PM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
thanks to London Drugs for keeping their pre-order fulfillment by June!
just finished updating , didn't want to do night time flying on my first go so I'll try it tmr

Spoiler!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote