REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:26 AM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Air Canada customs breach at Vancouver airport after arrival from Beijing

Air Canada customs breach at Vancouver airport after arrival from Beijing

Airline says passengers were 'misdirected into the Domestic Terminal' instead of Canada Customs
CBC News Posted: Jun 08, 2015 1:05 PM PT Last Updated: Jun 09, 2015 6:37 AM PT
Air Canada customs breach at Vancouver airport after arrival from Beijing - British Columbia - CBC News

Air Canada says it is investigating after passengers arriving at Vancouver International Airport from Beijing were able to enter the country without being screened by customs.

The airline says a number of passengers on board Air Canada Flight 030, which landed in Vancouver around 11:30 a.m. PT Sunday, were "misdirected into the Domestic Terminal" instead of customs and immigration.

Richmond RCMP and the Vancouver Airport Authority were called in to corral the more than 200 customers who were still at the airport.

"As soon as this inadvertent error was noticed, passengers disembarking were then directed directly to Canada Customs as per the normal process," said Air Canada spokeswoman Angela Mah in an email.

"The vast majority of passengers initially misdirected were subsequently located and they subsequently cleared Canada Customs."

People missed connections

WestJet flight attendant Crystal Friesen told CBC News she was a passenger on Air Canada Flight 030 and alerted airport officials to the customs breach.

Crystal Friesen
WestJet flight attendant Crystal Friesen says she was on the Air Canada Flight 030 from Beijing to Vancouver on Sunday when passengers were allowed off the plane and into the domestic baggage claim without going through Canada Customs.

Friesen said everyone walked off the plane and down to the domestic baggage claim. When the luggage didn't arrive, she said, she knew something was wrong. She went back upstairs and told a customer service agent what was happening.

"He said, 'Oh that's the first I've heard about it.' So then he went and talked to another lady about it. She came out. They didn't really know what to do."

Friesen said the agents eventually corralled passengers and took them downstairs to be properly screened by Canada Customs. She said it took about an hour and a half just to clear the first 40 passengers in line.

"Some people were upset. There were a lot of Chinese, and I don't think they understood what was going on. A lot of people had connecting flights that they were now missing."

Air Canada investigates

Friesen figured the breach happened because a customer service agent failed to properly bridge the aircraft.

"If it's a domestic arrival, they open one gate and you're released into domestic arrivals. But what they did was they didn't close that gate and they didn't open the international arrival gate," she said.

"If I hadn't had luggage, I would have just left.… Anybody who had carry-on only, they probably would have just walked right out the door."

​Air Canada said it has launched an internal investigation into the customs breach, and is working closely with the airport authority and Canada Border Services Agency.

Andre Gerolymatos, a Simon Fraser University professor who specializes in international security and terrorism, says Air Canada could still face a fine even if it was a mistake.

"Mistakes happen. We're human," he said, but added that "it's very important the company that runs security takes the responsibility and let the public know what they'll do in future."

RCMP, Canada Border Services Agency, Air Canada and Vancouver International Airport wouldn't say how many people managed to exit the airport without clearing customs.

Were you or someone you know on board Air Canada Flight 030 on Sunday? If so, please contact us at cbcnewsvancouver@cbc.ca
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:54 AM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Oh wow.
I would be upset also if I had to wait additional an hour and a half.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:25 AM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,067 Times in 1,252 Posts
^ I think it would be six to seven if you were the last ones to be processed.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:33 AM   #4
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
This actually happened fairly often in Toronto and Montreal
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:37 AM   #5
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Someone in the air traffic control room is in trouble!!!

the Capt of the plane should have known better then to dock at a domestic gate if they are an international flight...

maybe its a setup.. someone from the flight needed to get off the flight transporting something valuable.. lol
Old 06-09-2015, 08:42 AM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
I don't know how airport/flight procedures work, but it sounds like a number of things were missed in order for this to happen?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:54 AM   #7
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Someone paid someone to let someone in. Wonder who and why. Stay tuned folks.... (I'm channeling my inner Charlesincharge)

Berz out.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-09-2015, 09:43 AM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Greeaaat..

People from Beijing getting into Canada without declaring the tons of food and other supplies that are banned from Canada for safety/health concerns..

[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #9
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Greeaaat..

People from Beijing getting into Canada without declaring the tons of food and other supplies that are banned from Canada for safety/health concerns..

it has begun....

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #10
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
Someone in the air traffic control room is in trouble!!!

the Capt of the plane should have known better then to dock at a domestic gate if they are an international flight...

maybe its a setup.. someone from the flight needed to get off the flight transporting something valuable.. lol
Actually there is a gate at yvr which is a swing door - it acts as both an international and a domestic gate. The signs and doors just get switched.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #11
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
CORRUPTION CASH ON BOARD
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-09-2015, 12:38 PM   #12

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
will this be on the next episode of Border Security?