REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
Looking for: down sleeping bag

Hey guys. So a while ago my sleeping bags went missing, so this year I bought some cheapo Coleman replacements. $50 each, standard kind of rectangle sleeping bag. Good to -1.1c or wtv. Used them in May and almost froze my fucking ass off. Had to sleep with underarmour, jeans, socks, shirt, hoodie and toque. To top it off it's pretty damn bulky.

Looking for places to shop for a new down sleeping bag. I don't do winter camping, but sometimes do 3 season. I'd like to be able to sleep in the bag with minimal clothing and be comfortable.

- warm bag
- mummy or coffin is fine
- down preferred
- want it to pack down as small as possible
- don't want to pay over $250

I know the standard place to go is somewhere like MEC but it feels soooo overpriced for sleeping bags. Skip the cheapo places like Canadian tire or army&navy. Where does that leave me? Taiga store? North face?

I work at costco and in February we had a road show of "caribou" or wtv the vendor was called. They were selling Ferrino sleeping bags. They were I think 149 for the ultralight and 199 for the other down bag. But cannot find any info on them now and their website shows zero stores in all of bc (I sent them an inquiry to see if there are any local vendors)

So, any suggestions on specific bags? Any good places to go bag shopping? Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Sportchek/Atmosphere might be a good intermediate between Canadian Tire and MEC.
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
http://www.backcountry.com/the-north...-0-degree-down

I bought a north face goose down mummy style sleeping bag. Mine came with compression sack and a storage sack. Sleep in boxers and t shirt even in october weather camping. It gets you up early if the sun is raping your tent.

Last edited by corollagtSr5; 06-09-2015 at 07:21 PM.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2015, 10:50 PM   #4
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
i bought a north face gold kazoo from backcountry.com a few years ago.
its a 650 fill down bag which is not as high as corolla's, but his is a 0F bag, mine is a 0C bag. i dont know why you'd want a 0F bag unless its strictly for winter camping in alpine conditions, but hey some people like to be extremely warm i guess? mine is 2lbs and cost me about $150 at the time, now with the bad exchange it could be around $200. still a steal and packs down pretty small!

if you're ok with a quilt style bag thats more minimal, thats pretty popular these days as well, but if you're doing half car camping half backpacking in the warmer months, a 0C down bag around 2lbs is about what you can expect for around $200. its a good in between, and if you're doing car camping in the colder months, you can always bring a liner to get an extra 5-10 degrees of warmth.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

Rei radiant sleeping bag. I think they use duck down though. The reviews and temperature rating on them is good though.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:52 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
Just buy this second hand sleeping bag.
Sierra Designs Zissou 6 Down Sleeping Bag
$240 dollars with law ball attempt.

http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Designs.../dp/B00ABDHO9Q
$340 usd on amazon
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2015, 09:16 PM   #7

Thanks! Emailed
Old 06-12-2015, 10:28 PM   #8

Ended up buying a mec Aquila -7c duck down bag. Crazy comfy omg. I go camping twice next week so it should do very well