REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   2015-06-09 -- Systemwide SkyTrain failure from Royal Oak to Waterfront stations (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703833-2015-06-09-systemwide-skytrain-failure-royal-oak-waterfront-stations.html)

Traum 06-09-2015 04:12 PM

2015-06-09 -- Systemwide SkyTrain failure from Royal Oak to Waterfront stations

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/06/s...ront-stations/

Quote:

There is a systemwide failure on the SkyTrain system this evening rush hour resulting in no train service between Royal Oak and Waterfront stations.

According to TransLink, a technical issue is causing the disruption. Trains are still running between Edmonds and King George and on the Millennium Line from Columbia Station to VCC-Clark.
:rukidding:

Tr1ll 06-09-2015 04:16 PM

Feels like it's becoming a monthly occurrence now for the Skytrain to breakdown.

gilly 06-09-2015 04:28 PM

damnit.... I am just about to get off work too.

iwantaskyline 06-09-2015 04:29 PM

Right when im off work.. Gonna miss the cavs game

hotong 06-09-2015 04:32 PM

about to get off work too fuckkkkk

hchang 06-09-2015 04:38 PM

Vote NO to transit tax

Traum 06-09-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 8646423)
Vote NO to transit tax

You know, that was really the first thing I thought of when I saw the news -- whether the Translink tax would change anything at all. Unfortunately, I still remain unconvinced that the imbeciles at Translink could make effective use of the public funds to get any meaningful improvements done.

Proponents of the Translink tax would certainly use these incidents as further proof that the tax should have been passed though.

invader 06-09-2015 04:54 PM

Bring uber to Vancouver!

tonyzoomzoom 06-09-2015 05:09 PM

TRANSLINK: Just want to give everyone an idea of what would occur on a much more regular basis if you don't give us the 0.5% sales tax (which we would then raise to 1.0%, 1.5%, and so forth) ;)

evil_jigglypuff 06-09-2015 05:10 PM

Not trying to be a conspiracy nut here but it almost looks like all this skytrain outages is just some sort of ploy to convince the naysayers that Translink needs that .05% tax to fix all this.

Or rather Translink showing people that this is what is going to happen more often if they lose the plebiscite.

radioman 06-09-2015 05:12 PM

Man driving from DT to Metro along kingsway was crazy seeing all those people lined up at bus stops. I'd imagine a bus would get full with just one stop.

SMH at translink

carisear 06-09-2015 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 8646427)
Bring uber to Vancouver!

i'll just leave this here ...

Uber surge-pricing during Toronto subway shutdown sparks controversy | Metro

Spoiler!

Manic! 06-09-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Bring uber to Vancouver!

Then they can gouge people every time skytrain shuts down.

Akinari 06-09-2015 05:32 PM

Translink is a joke of a corporation. But I don't know what's worse: Translink's complete and utter inability to do anything right at literally every level of the corporation, or the unbelievably naive people who voted YES to give Translink even more money to play with when it can't even manage to do anything with the current exorbitant amount of money they have.

Please for the love of god vote NO people

Alby 06-09-2015 05:48 PM

mandatory FAIL for using vancitybuzz

iwantaskyline 06-09-2015 05:52 PM

Its up

Tim Budong 06-09-2015 05:54 PM

^ funny you say this, but if my guess is correct, VancityBuzz are usually the first to put up a small article with a photo before proper news outlets

regardless. conspiracies eh.. haha

whatever... no one knows if Translink will actually go through with all said projects... nor does any one know how it will be phased out. You can put everything onto a nice fancy picture for the public, but all I want to know is who is gonna manage and organize the shitshow that is translink.

$_$ 06-09-2015 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8646441)
Then they can gouge people every time skytrain shuts down.

Having used Uber in other cities and countries, I love the system. If there were more drivers, then the prices wouldn't be gauged unless there was a HUGE spike in demand. Yeah sure, if public transit goes down that'd be a reason. But that's supply and demand for you. The rest of the time it's a great deal and way cheaper than cabs in my experience. Friendlier service and sometimes nicer cars. And that's on top of how stupidly hard it is to get a cab in vancouver/richmond (you almost always have to call in advance).

yray 06-09-2015 06:27 PM

Translink needs more dielectric grease

godwin 06-09-2015 06:47 PM

Ever if they bring it.. Uber will charge 4x at much at time like this.. because of "Surge pricing"

TTC had a problem last week and people were bitching about Uber.

Quote:

Bring uber to Vancouver!

twitchyzero 06-09-2015 06:54 PM

Translink should get cultured...or should i say cartualed

http://starecat.com/content/wp-conte...apologized.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyzoomzoom (Post 8646434)
TRANSLINK: Just want to give everyone an idea of what would occur on a much more regular basis if you don't give us the 0.5% sales tax (which we would then raise to 1.0%, 1.5%, and so forth) ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil_jigglypuff (Post 8646435)
Not trying to be a conspiracy nut here but it almost looks like all this skytrain outages is just some sort of ploy to convince the naysayers that Translink needs that .05% tax to fix all this.

Or rather Translink showing people that this is what is going to happen more often if they lose the plebiscite.

voting's already over?

FerrariEnzo 06-09-2015 06:57 PM

how translink will ask for more money to "improve" service.. :rukidding:

Aria 06-09-2015 07:29 PM

deleted

Hehe 06-09-2015 07:39 PM

Bahahaha... Skytrain outage is news? Isn't this like a Holiday? You'd have one at least every month?

Seriously though, Skytrain's outage happens way too often for an infrastructure of this scale. I can't remember the last time Taipei's subway system was out of service and I take it everyday. In contrast, when I used to work downtown, I would take skytrain every so often when I don't feel like battling through the morning traffic and I lived right next to the station. Even it was a rare occurrence that I take Skytrain, I was stuck at least 5 times during the 3yrs I worked there. I either have a shitty luck or Skytrain just hate me. :fuckthatshit:

twitchyzero 06-09-2015 08:19 PM

comparing the MRT in Taiwan to Skytrain is like comparing a LFA to a Fiero