REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Calgary Photo Radar Ticket on BC Plate (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703907-calgary-photo-radar-ticket-bc-plate.html)

CA_FTW 06-15-2015 07:28 PM

Calgary Photo Radar Ticket on BC Plate

So i was in Calgary and Got caught by a Photo Radar.

Since im a BC resident, and it was on a BC plate, if i dont pay it, what will happen? Is ICBC linked to that system. or will i be fine. just never go to Alberta again.. lol

(Serious question though)

All the answers i found on Google were from years ago.

quasi 06-16-2015 11:44 AM

LOL, same thing happened to me last time I drove through Calgary but I just paid it not sure what happens if you don't. I'm going to be driving through there again next weekend as well, speed limit all the way through.

smoothie. 06-16-2015 11:47 AM

ITT

two silly people

TjAlmeida 06-16-2015 12:27 PM

I also had a photo radar awhile back from going through Hinton. I went to aaa while I was there and the lady said the photo radar is not worth paying if you are an out of town resident.

v_tec 06-16-2015 02:55 PM

Yeah, let's all speed in other parts of Canada / USA, because the rules don't apply to us there since we're on BC plates and will never return again.

:seriously::facepalm:

TjAlmeida 06-16-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_tec (Post 8648834)
Yeah, let's all speed in other parts of Canada / USA, because the rules don't apply to us there since we're on BC plates and will never return again.

Obviously anyone should not be speeding, but to answer his question.. No nothing will happen. Those photo radar tickets do not stay with your license I believe, also if I remember correctly you need to be a resident of Alberta to pay the ticket.

Way to look like a idiot!

CA_FTW 06-17-2015 12:47 PM

Im not justifying speeding..

I was going 100 just past a slow to 90 sign, and didn't slow down as quick as i should.

thanks for the answer.

vitaminG 06-17-2015 04:37 PM

i doubt if theres any payment enforcement mechanism, and since its photo radar it shouldnt be tied to your license. worst case it goes to collections and your ignore it. just like people from alberta can just ignore our tolls, nothing will happen

rriggi 06-18-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_tec (Post 8648834)

Don't know about you, but once I leave BC I know that I can sort of do whatever I want and usually not worry about consequences like points.. You get caught speeding you get caught, whatever..

Except for one country where they came to my window with a mobile terminal, and asked for payment on the spot LOL