REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:14 PM   #2851
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,772 Times in 1,171 Posts
Damn what a pass by Dorsett!!!
Advertisement
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #2852
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,486 Times in 1,686 Posts
Damn Sbisa! The puck bounces off Pizza's stick into the net as he tries to protect the crease.

Vrbata started the trouble with that ill-advised no look pass in his own zone.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:19 PM   #2853
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,383 Times in 5,083 Posts
How was that Sbisa's fault? It was going in regardless, he just tried to bat it out of the air

Fuckin Horvat needs to bury those chances
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2015, 08:22 PM   #2854
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
I'm really curious to know dorsett and prust ice time in the 3rd.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:25 PM   #2855
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Well fuck.
604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:48 PM   #2856
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Horvat seems to be playing pretty tentative hockey. Was trying to be noticed and advance last season, now trying to avoid making mistakes rather than use his skillset to the fullest extent. I hope that changes soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:51 PM   #2857

When is Willie D. gonna give the young guys more ice time to give them a chance to provide secondary scoring?

Although Henrik, Daniel, and Vrbata provided the bulk of the offence tonight, why are McCann and Horvat not given more ice time?? McCann had some chances tonight. -showed flashes of potential when he did that toe drag.

McCann:
Power play time: 16 seconds. Ice time: 7:58.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #2858
I bringith the lowerballerith

hutton was amazing yet again tonight.
picking off passes then quick pass up the ice for scoring chances
OGCStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:28 PM   #2859
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Corrado who?
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:59 PM   #2860
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I told YALL Mother fuckers verby would score

Too bad we lost.
bossha is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2015, 10:15 PM   #2861
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossha View Post
I told YALL Mother fuckers verby would score

Too bad we lost.
Did you put a bet on it?
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:42 PM   #2862
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossha View Post
vrbata will be the first canucks goal tonight mark my words
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:52 PM   #2863
I subscribe to Revscene

Willie D puts virtanen out when were are down 3-2 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
When is Willie D. gonna give the young guys more ice time to give them a chance to provide secondary scoring?

Although Henrik, Daniel, and Vrbata provided the bulk of the offence tonight, why are McCann and Horvat not given more ice time?? McCann had some chances tonight. -showed flashes of potential when he did that toe drag.

McCann:
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2015, 11:52 PM   #2864
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:

McCann:
Oh they will get more icetime, when they are Selke caliber players

Take it from last year, Willie D had no trust in Horvat.

Might as well send all the kids down to work on their game. Our 4th line boys had nearly double the icetime
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:39 AM   #2865
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Such a joke. I said it before and I'll say it again.
No matter what JB and TL claim, it's WD that has the final say in who plays and WD is paid to try to win.

If anything, Cracknell should have been in and Prust or Dorsett is the scratch.
Prust and Dorsett with >15 minutes of ice time while the kids play <8 minutes.
Prust is one of the slowest guys in the league and he plays 15 minutes. He's not going to score any goals. What is WD thinking?

BoHo had some grade A chances. Eventually they will go in. As long as he keeps doing what he was doing in the third period.

Based on how little WD trusts the kids, I can see both Virtanen and McCann being sent back to juniors after they hit the 9 game mark and when Higgies is back in the lineup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2015, 07:14 AM   #2866

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Damn what a pass by Dorsett!!!
you know we're having a bad game when...

it's frustrating watching WD play the shit out of helpless vets
still early on but part of the reason why i'm giving more shit than i do this season (despite the fact that i know it will be a lost season) is that we have young blood

take that away and i could give two fucks about the team, i've seen these old fucks, i know what they can do, i know what they can't do

so far WD has given me a thousand reasons to zone out and flip the channels during games.
as great as the Sedins are and Vrbata and Burrows and as hard-nosed Prust and Dorsett are, I don't want to fucking see them every other fucking shift for two fucking periods
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #2867

Willie D. was not my first choice to be the coach of this team.

When there was a press conference set up to announce Willie's hiring, my first thought was "Who the heck is Willie??"

Although Dan Bylsma wanted more money than Willie in order to be hired by the Canucks, I think Bysma would be a better fit for this team based on his philosophy of playing an up tempo offensive game.

The Sabres have a billionaire owner. Our team has a billionaire owner.

The big difference between the Sabres owner Terry Pegula and Aquilini is that the Sabres have an owner who is willing to spend big bucks to hire a coach that knows how to make adjustments to his team lineups, won a Stanley Cup, and has a coaching style which gets the best out of his players.

Aquaman just wanted to pay for a coach who would ask for a lower salary, despite no resume with NHL success and a coaching style that would get players to play to their potential.

Stick to building condos and growing blueberries on your farms, Aquaman!
Full autonomy on hockey operations?? Yeah, right. I don't believe that for a second.

Dim Jim and Linden also share responsibility for hiring a coach who is not a good fit for this team.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:54 AM   #2868

Quote:
Aquaman just wanted to pay for a coach who would ask for a lower salary, despite no resume with NHL success and a coaching style that would get players to play to their potential.

Full autonomy on hockey operations?? Yeah, right. I don't believe that for a second.
They did try that approach when they hired Tortellini.

Luckily, we got a second round pick for it.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 10-23-2015, 08:12 AM   #2869
My homepage has been set to RS

FUCK WD!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:32 AM   #2870
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Holy Fuck boys we are only 3-2-2. The bandwagon doesn't need to be lit just yet.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:39 AM   #2871

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:

When there was a press conference set up to announce Willie's hiring, my first thought was "Who the heck is Willie??"

Although Dan Bylsma wanted more money than Willie in order to be hired by the Canucks, I think Bysma would be a better fit for this team based on his philosophy of playing an up tempo offensive game.

The big difference between the Sabres owner Terry Pegula and Aquilini is that the Sabres have an owner who is willing to spend big bucks to hire a coach that knows how to make adjustments to his team lineups, won a Stanley Cup, and has a coaching style which gets the best out of his players.
Coaches are paid to win games. If your jobs on the line, you field whoever gives you the best chance to get the W. It's upper management's job to fire him if the message to play the younger players aren't going through.

How many bad contracts did the Sabres buy out over the years? Hmm Christian Ehrhoff and Cody Hodgson? In the end, money had nothing to do with building the team up. They still tanked for a draft pick, hoping that he'd pan out. They could've done that without the millions of dollars they flushed away.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:51 AM   #2872

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:

Dim Jim and Linden also share responsibility for hiring a coach who is not a good fit for this team.
I don't think Willie's salary is low. Remember he chose Pitts over Vancouver.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #2873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Coaches are paid to win games. If your jobs on the line, you field whoever gives you the best chance to get the W. It's upper management's job to fire him if the message to play the younger players aren't going through.

How many bad contracts did the Sabres buy out over the years? Hmm Christian Ehrhoff and Cody Hodgson? In the end, money had nothing to do with building the team up. They still tanked for a draft pick, hoping that he'd pan out. They could've done that without the millions of dollars they flushed away.

That's my point. Willie D. puts back Vrbata to play with the Sedins. Yes, the top line got 6 points vs. Washington. The coach's job is not only to put the players on the ice that give them the best chance to get wins, it is also Willie's responsibility to make game adjustments or teach the players to play the game in a way that leads to more wins.

Vrbata scores a goal, and gets one assist. Good for him! I hope somebody on this thread placed a bet on Vrbata scoring last night.

It's Vrbata who is also gave away the puck with that no look pass behind our net which lead to Washington tying the game at 2-2.

That is careless protection of the puck.

That is Vrbata's responsibility. It is also Willie's responsibility to get these guys to play a better two way game.

Coaches can teach defensive play. You cannot teach Vrbata how to score goals and create offensive chances.

Is Willie D. getting this team to play the right way? The media mentioned all of Willie's credentials of having a degree in a social work. -being a good communicator. Is the coach showing his players during practice about how to play smart with the puck?
Old 10-23-2015, 09:08 AM   #2874

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjAlmeida View Post
Holy Fuck boys we are only 3-2-2. The bandwagon doesn't need to be lit just yet.
No one is jumping off the bandwagon yet.
But just voicing our displeasure of being lied to our faces.

Change is coming...
Going with youth and speed...

And all we see is hands of stone playing with the twins.

kids benched and 4th line knuckle draggers playing 15+ minutes...
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 10-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #2875

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
WD's logic is just frustrating as fuck
How can you know what you have in the kids when you give them less than fucking 8 minutes of ice time per fucking game.
Please tell me how icing Derek Fucking Dorsett and Brandon Prust 15 minutes a night is your best chance of winning a goddamn hockey game

His whole schpeel on history is a load of fucking crap. Guys can't do shit with less than 8 minutes of ice time. I don't know what his expectations are of Virtanen and McCann but if they get sent back to Junior after 9 games and averaging less than fucking 9 fucking minutes a game i will lost my shit and hope to hell the moron gets fired.

Dylan Larkin is steadily getting more ice time averaging at 18, and Detroit always knows what they're doing right?
Max Domi is around the same, Duclair is the same

NHL.com - Rookies

hell, playing around with the rookies ice time so far and it's a fucking travesty looking at Virtanen and McCann. You look at the top 10 scoring of rookies and these guys are averaging at least 14 minutes of ice time...and are on their way to getting the ice underneath their skates

Play the fucking kids Willie, if you're gonna send em back after 9 at least make the ice time fucking count.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: