REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #3751
My homepage has been set to RS

I wouldnt be surprised if WD is on his knees begging JB to call up shit head vey! Just found out sutter is out 4-6weeks after hernia surgery! So vey might get called up fuck! Also Mccann most likely is staying and wont go to the world juniors
Advertisement
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #3752
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,483 Times in 1,683 Posts
Oi Vey. if WD puts this useless plug into the lineup for a game, the team will be even worse.

Vey cannot score goals, play defense, win face offs, or bring any physical play into his game.

I've seen kids playing ice hockey in bantam league make a better contribution to their team than this piece of junk.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #3753
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
I wouldnt be surprised if WD is on his knees begging JB to call up shit head vey! Just found out sutter is out 4-6weeks after hernia surgery! So vey might get called up fuck! Also Mccann most likely is staying and wont go to the world juniors

what WD be like to JB then to TL.
hahah i can see Vey coming back and then going straight to PP unit 2
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2015, 12:40 PM   #3754
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

It's part of TL and Jr's plan... Lose so much that Edler will waive his stupid ass ntc, have a fire sale at the deadline, and grab the 1st overall pick.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:44 PM   #3755
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
It's part of TL and Jr's plan... Lose so much that Edler will waive his stupid ass ntc, have a fire sale at the deadline, and grab the 1st overall pick.
One can dream, but with the canucks luck we could trade for the worst teams 1st pick and end up with the 3rd overall.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #3756
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,354 Times in 5,070 Posts
Sigh... Time to get shredded by Benn and Seguin tonight... Dark times as a Canucks fan these days
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 09:18 AM   #3757
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Just means not every game is a must watch. Gives you more free time lol
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:54 AM   #3758
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post

Canucks are 21/30 right now. If the draft started today then they'd be drafting in the 10th spot.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 AM   #3759

Best case scenario is that more injuries occur and the season falls apart for the Canucks, forcing a full re-build. Linden and Benning are trying to re-build all while trying to be a bubble playoff team so Aquilini can line his pockets with revenue from first round playoff games.

The team needs another top 10 pick (hopefully used on a defenceman), and then trade a few players at the deadline and land either high first round or low-mid second round picks. Only veterans that should be staying with the team are the Sedins and Burrows.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #3760
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Best case scenario is that more injuries occur and the season falls apart for the Canucks, forcing a full re-build. Linden and Benning are trying to re-build all while trying to be a bubble playoff team so Aquilini can line his pockets with revenue from first round playoff games.

The team needs another top 10 pick (hopefully used on a defenceman), and then trade a few players at the deadline and land either high first round or low-mid second round picks. Only veterans that should be staying with the team are the Sedins and Burrows.
Sadly, the Sedins and Burrows are the type of player that will get the Canucks the best return.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:27 AM   #3761
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:

Need to see what the trade market is like by deadline to see.

There were some good and shitty deals last season.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #3762
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
So basically one of or both the Sedins have to get injured long-term for any hopes of a top 5 pick...that's realistic, I can see one or both suffering injuries at this rate with the heavy deployment. They're averaging close to 20 minutes playing all kinds of roles

I used to think Hammer would be worth at least a 1st rounder but Christ, now I think they'd be lucky if they can get a 3rd out of him at the deadline.
Edler isn't even worth a bag of pucks at this rate.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #3763

its crazy to think our Team Canada defensemen Hamhuis would only fetch a 3rd round pick..fuck Juice got us a second rounder and dorsett when we got him was worth a third let that sink in people...Hamhuis went from being worth a first to god knows how much now!
Old 12-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #3764
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Hammer's game has been on the decline. I noticed it last year.
Ducks way over paid for Bieska.
No one in the league can/will put a package together for the twins. Let's be realistic.
No one has the cap space to take both of them except for teams with lots of cap space and they have lots of cap space because they barely make cap minimum.

Biggest issue with the Nucks is that they have been riding the same guys for the last 7-8 years and a lot of picks/prospects were traded away, wasted, or let walk away because the management didn't have the fore sight to fit them in on the team.

Twins are 35.
Kids are 19-20.
Where are all the 25-30 year olds that we should have developed?

Now we are stuck trading away picks and youth to try to find proven NHLers to fill those spots or play the kids but WD chooses option C which is ride the twins till they break down and bench McCann while riding BoHo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #3765

we are going to see some dark days once the sedins retire thats for sure!
Old 12-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #3766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Sadly, the Sedins and Burrows are the type of player that will get the Canucks the best return.
Don't want to end up a Edmonton situation where there aren't proper veterans in place to show the kids how it is done. Once Ryan Smyth retired, Edmonton lost all its leadership.

Teams still get desperate and are willing to pay for a d-man, even if they are having a down season. Look at Sekera, I believe LA gave up a prospect and 1st rounder(?) to Carolina for him. If we could get a prospect and 2nd rounder for Hammer I would be fine with that. Hell, just a strong prospect would be good in my books. Edler, that is going to be a tougher sell, but I think it could be done. But the way GMJB handles things, I don't have all my faith in the process yet.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #3767

Quote:
Don't want to end up a Edmonton situation where there aren't proper veterans in place to show the kids how it is done. Once Ryan Smyth retired, Edmonton lost all its leadership.

Teams still get desperate and are willing to pay for a d-man, even if they are having a down season. Look at Sekera, I believe LA gave up a prospect and 1st rounder(?) to Carolina for him. If we could get a prospect and 2nd rounder for Hammer I would be fine with that. Hell, just a strong prospect would be good in my books. Edler, that is going to be a tougher sell, but I think it could be done. But the way GMJB handles things, I don't have all my faith in the process yet.
Edmonton has more problems than just lack of leadership.
They need top 2 D men. Nurse will become one in a few years.
If they take Chychrun, that will give them the D guys they need once they develop them. But by then, a few of the former #1 picks are going to be gone.
Hall, Eberle, RNH, McRib, yakopov, etc....

But if they follow Chicago and LA's build, it may work.

Imagine McRib and Hall. Nurse and Chychrun as their core.
It would be like Towes and Kane. Seabrook and Keith.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 12-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #3768
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,306 Times in 5,629 Posts
Elder and linden are best buddies, he's not going anywhere. Elder just had a kid and is building a house, him and TL are literally like best friends having each other over for dinner all the time etc. this from people who work on a daily basis with TL

Relationships getting in da way of our hockey teams development

TL also hangs his hat on moving Kassian like its a fucking gold medal
Old 12-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #3769

fuck Linden and fuck edler they can both go IMO! knowing edler is the problem on the back end TL friendship has to get in the way of buisness! I mean come on hockey aside this is a buisness and if moving edler for pieces is the right thing to do then Aquaman needs to step in because ultimately its his team and his money!
Old 12-03-2015, 02:27 PM   #3770
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Been mentioned couple of times Edler has a NTC, and has expressed that he would not wave it. So moot.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #3771
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
TL is automatically protecting Edler from trades when everyone admits that he will get a poor return? That's logical.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #3772

Some of these guys still think of Edler as being a project and that he could still become that Norris Trophy D man they thought he could be back in 2011.
That being said, if we did trade him for a bag of pucks, who would we promote to play that #1/2 spot with Tanev?
Hutton is still a rookie. Maybe in a few years he will be ready.
Sbisa and Bartkowski?
Looks like Biega is getting a chance to play top pair minutes so maybe there is hope.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 12-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #3773
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
P.Kane continues his point streak, that's 21 straight games now... He has been excellent since he has been in the NHL but he is on another level right now.

25GP, 15G, 23A, 38PTS, +11
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:25 PM   #3774
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicrick View Post
P.Kane continues his point streak, that's 21 straight games now... He has been excellent since he has been in the NHL but he is on another level right now.

25GP, 15G, 23A, 38PTS, +11
Patty Kane is just unreal, 2 pts so far vs. OTT
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:26 PM   #3775

Games that are on sportsnet 360, do they air on sportsnet Vancouver? Just realized tonight's game is on 360 and I don't have the channel
krazynuck is offline   Reply With Quote