REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:53 AM   #3801
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Crow is looking for a job but would he be a good fit? I agree WD is making mistake after mistake and he honestly seems lost while he's coaching and that's not good for a guy his age that's in his first NHL gig
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #3802
x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
And did anyone watch Cory Hirsch don the pads over his suit in the first intermission? That was funny but he made a good point about why Miller was getting beat on the short side.
I loved the part when the other guy took a shot and Hirsch mentioned he wasn't wearing a cup.
I thought that was a shitty analysis. 2/3 goals they showed of miller letting in were slapshot snipes that went top corner short side. Most goalies in the league aren't going to make that save.

I thought his positioning was actually half decent, it was just a perfect shot from Spezza. 0:07 is when the puck leaves the stick, and you can see millers postioning clear as day.
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #3803
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,415 Times in 5,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Crow is looking for a job but would he be a good fit? I agree WD is making mistake after mistake and he honestly seems lost while he's coaching and that's not good for a guy his age that's in his first NHL gig
Obviously none of us are inside the NHL's inner circle here........... but I would hasten to guess that, if Torts has been employed TWICE since Crow last coached in the NHL, there must be some serious and well known issues with Crow's coaching and/or personality.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #3804
My homepage has been set to RS

I'd love to have Crow back as coach. Couldn't be worse than what WD is doing. Don't understand most of his combinations. Doesn't seem to have the motivation or strike a fire under his team either.

I miss Alain
Liquid_o2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #3805
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Obviously none of us are inside the NHL's inner circle here........... but I would hasten to guess that, if Torts has been employed TWICE since Crow last coached in the NHL, there must be some serious and well known issues with Crow's coaching and/or personality.
The other issue is the fact that his contract with ZSC Lions has no escape clause once the season starts. Plus Crow was one of the reasons Mattews chose the Lions so he can't be THAT bad.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2015, 11:10 AM   #3806
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
I hope we send McCann and virtanen to the WJC
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #3807
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
I hope we send McCann and virtanen to the WJC
I am at a cross road with this.
Someone on TSN1040 mentioned they would become targets if they do play in the WJC since they are "NHLers"
But giving them more ice time in an environment they can succeed in is also a good thing and giving them more icetime than they are getting under WD may also help.

But the flip side, due to injuries, I don't think the Nucks can afford to let McCann go unless they plan on bringing Vey up.
Virtanen is probably better off staying in Vancouver as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #3808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
The other issue is the fact that his contract with ZSC Lions has no escape clause once the season starts. Plus Crow was one of the reasons Mattews chose the Lions so he can't be THAT bad.
Plus, under Crow's coaching, they did win the championship in the 13-14 season.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 12-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #3809

virtanen should go to gain some confidence. Hes has the most hits on our team 6th over all pick
Old 12-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #3810
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Both should go, IMO.

We have lots of guys in the AHL we can give some ice to. May rejuvenate them as well. Neither one of them has looked particularly good for the past several weeks.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #3811

yah bring up everyone whos in the AHL then they would have noone to play down there...
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:35 PM   #3812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
yah bring up everyone whos in the AHL then they would have noone to play down there...
We have 4 prospects currently playing in the ECHL (Blomstrand, Cederholm, Fox, and McEneny). We'd only be calling up 2 players (probably Gaunce and Shinkaruk) for 2 weeks (4 games; probably 5 games with travel back from Europe) ...
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #3813
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
I hope they both go to the WJC but I doubt it.
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #3814
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
ya i hope both go as well. I can see Mccann staying , but if Virtanen stays ill be baffled. Both have been low on confidence imo, with Virt the most, and it would be a good way to break this routine they have going on with the canucks losing all the time

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #3815
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
There's also Cassels but it looks like he's having a hard time adjusting to to Pro
1A in 14 games and -5

Isn't Gaunce still injured?
I'd prefer they keep McCann. Virtanen can definitely use the experience.
I always scowled at the fact that McCann is struggling at the circle but then again, so is Hank.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #3816

I think McCann went 1 - 9 in the dot last night.
BoHo was a stud in the dot last night.
I know going into the third period, we were wining 63% of the draws.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 12-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #3817

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
The West Coast Express is reunited next Monday just prior to game vs. Buffalo.

Naslund, Morrison, and Bertuzzi. If only the current Canucks roster had a scoring line with that kind of firepower.

Naslund, Bertuzzi & Morrison return to Vancouver - Vancouver Canucks - News

As part of the Rogers Arena #20in20 celebration, the Vancouver Canucks are excited to announce that the West Coast Express line of Markus Naslund, Todd Bertuzzi and Brendan Morrison will be reunited on December 7th when the Canucks host the Buffalo Sabres at Rogers Arena. The players will be part of a ceremonial puck drop before the game and highlights and stories from their memorable run in the early 2000s will be featured throughout the game. A limited number of great seats are still available for what is expected to be a sell-out. Visit canucks.com/tickets for more information.

“Nazzy, Bert and Mo formed one of the best lines in the NHL for years,” said Canucks President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden. “As a teammate it was thrilling to watch them compete every game with their combination of speed, skill and power. We’re excited to have the West Coast Express back at Rogers Arena to celebrate their legacy with Canucks fans as one of the best line combinations in franchise history.”

Named after the commuter train that services the lower mainland, the West Coast Express line first played on a regular line during the 2001.02 season. By the end of that season, all three players had set career-highs respectively in scoring. The West Coast Express line continued their success the following season with all three players again setting new-career highs in a number of statistical categories. Brendan Morrison notched career-highs in goals (25), assists (46) and points (71). Todd Bertuzzi also recorded career-highs in goals (46), assists (51) and points (97) and was named a first-team All-Star. Markus Naslund finished the season with one of the best statistical seasons in Canucks history, collecting career-highs in goals (48), assists (56) and points (104). He was also named a first-team All-Star and awarded the 2003 Lester B. Pearson Award as the League’s most outstanding player as voted by the NHL Players Association. The West Coast Express line continued their dominance in subsequent seasons making Rogers Arena one of the hardest buildings for opponents to play in.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #3818

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
There's also Cassels but it looks like he's having a hard time adjusting to to Pro
1A in 14 games and -5

Isn't Gaunce still injured?
I'd prefer they keep McCann. Virtanen can definitely use the experience.
I always scowled at the fact that McCann is struggling at the circle but then again, so is Hank.
Vancouver Canucks: Faceoffs (min. 27 faceoffs)

H. Sedin: 49.9% (266/533)
B. Horvat: 50.2% (222/442)
B. Sutter: 53.6% (125/233)
J. McCann: 33.2% (70/211)
A. Cracknell: 38.5% (75/195)
Old 12-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #3819

Seems like these 20 in 20 celebrations are more to cover up the disaster that is happening this season, and celebrate better times from the past.
Liquid_o2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2015, 04:59 PM   #3820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Seems like these 20 in 20 celebrations are more to cover up the disaster that is happening this season, and celebrate better times from the past.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2015, 06:41 PM   #3821

Your ass better call somebody
Old 12-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #3822
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
LOL Brad Merchand scores......
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #3823

Marchand is underrated
Old 12-05-2015, 06:21 PM   #3824

The defense is a burning pile of horse shit right now.
No offense to horse shit.

On top of that the team is generating enough turnovers to feed Africa for days
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 12-05-2015, 06:25 PM   #3825

Fuck...

Next bruins goal turns off my TV
Markstrom ....