REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:09 AM   #4876
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
I find this hard to believe given the other Panther's player AND the official were seen chuckling at whatever was said.

IF that rumour is true, I would've expected a bigger response from the Canucks, and not the same reaction seen by the Panther player and official. If true that reflects really bad on the 3 people laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
this popped up on my FB feed not sure how legit from NHL Trade Rumors

After an apparent end of the game brawl between the Vancouver Canucks and Florida Panthers seemed to be started by Vancouver captain Henrik Sedin, reports have circulated that some of the Panthers bench had told him "go end it like Rypien did" on his way by.

The incident then resulted in Derek Dorsett going to the Panthers bench and a scrum between teams ensued.

For those that don't know what happened Rick Rypien. In 2011, he committed suicide at the age of 27 after dealing with depression for several years.
Advertisement
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:03 AM   #4877
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Some one probably said some thing earlier in the game along the lines of go suck your brother off. Canucks score, Henrik does a fly by of the bench and probably said some thing, causing Montoya to squirt him with water. Dorsett sees that, goes over and the scum ensues.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:48 AM   #4878
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
lol Farnham

what a piece of shit
i was hoping Reaves would knock him the fuck out

if it's any consolation the guy will probably be back in the A or E next season.
i feel bad for his team mates having to stick up for that little bitch
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 08:01 AM   #4879

I don't think Reeves (whom I think is one of the toughest in the show) would give Farnham the time of day, he'd end up with a murder charge.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 08:18 AM   #4880

CoHo on waivers, let's snag him!
Old 01-13-2016, 08:28 AM   #4881

CoHo is eurobound or career AHL bound
that guy's career is rekt

he's still a better option than Linden Vey tho hahah
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 01-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #4882
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Cody's 1st two years with the Sabres, he was pretty good and developing, lead the team in scoring 1 year, then Nolan came in made him play wing, which was an absolute disaster and you could tell Cody lost all confidence by that point and even moving him back to center didn't help. I don't think he's ever gotten his confidence/game back since the Nolan/winger experiment, he's likely Europe bound now.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:51 AM   #4883

Sounds like 10m a year is in the works for Kopitar, who else thinks that's too much?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 09:23 AM   #4884
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Cody's 1st two years with the Sabres, he was pretty good and developing, lead the team in scoring 1 year, then Nolan came in made him play wing, which was an absolute disaster and you could tell Cody lost all confidence by that point and even moving him back to center didn't help. I don't think he's ever gotten his confidence/game back since the Nolan/winger experiment, he's likely Europe bound now.
its pretty unfortunate when you stop and think about it.

by most accounts, coho had potential to at least be an above average 2C.

we can sit here and say "oh well, another prospect mismanaged. time to move on" and not have many feelings further than a number on a roster chart

but that is a person who by some bad luck with an injury, plus maybe a parent that was too involved, plus some bad management by a team and bad coaching by another, has gone from the prospect of a good career in the NHL making millions and being set for life, to likely having missed that opportunity. put yourself in those skates for a second.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #4885
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
He still made millions in the NHL but I do agree it is a sad situation since he had so much potential coming out of JR and when he killed it for team Canada at the world jr's
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:34 AM   #4886

I have a feeling some one will take a risk on him, given he has a small salary.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #4887
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Sabres listening to offers for Tyler Ennis, that means Willie Desjardins must be telling Benning to offer the moon for his former Medicine Hat Tigers star haha
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #4888
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
CoHo on waivers, let's snag him!
meanwhile, Kassian recalled by the Oilers

haha
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #4889

Weber and Bartkowski with 50% salary retained for Ennis
Old 01-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #4890
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
DT on the team said on good authority that the things said from the FLA bench was NOT:
  1. A sisters reference
  2. re: Stanley Cup names

He couldn't confirm or deny references to deceased ex-teammates (he "didn't know"), so perhaps there's some truth to Vansterdam's post.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #4891
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Denis Potvin appologized for his "low life" comment.

Now let's see if any Panther appologizes for their comments, or if Lu/Mitchell sticks up for their former Canuck team mates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 12:23 PM   #4892
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Kopitar is about to get a huge raise. A $10 million cap hit for the Kings each year on a new $80 million contract for Kopitar.

Anze Kopitar 'very close' to $80M deal with L.A. Kings - Sportsnet.ca

Anze Kopitar‘s patience is about to pay off — to the tune of $80 million.

The Los Angeles Kings are “very close” to locking up their star centre for eight more years, the maximum term allowable under the collective bargaining agreement, sources tell Sportsnet.

Kopitar’s new cap hit will be $10 million annually, starting in 2016-17.

Craig Custance
✔ ‎@CraigCustance
Final touches on Kopitar contract include details of NMC, still being worked out.

10:02 AM - 13 Jan 2016
Old 01-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #4893
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
Sounds like 10m a year is in the works for Kopitar, who else thinks that's too much?
No, Kopitar is a fucking beast. When you think of the best players people always think Toews, Crosby, Ovi, Benn, Seguin etc but Kopitar is almost never one of the first 5 names and maybe even 10 names you here but he is a winner and he does it all. Averages close to a point a game, clutch, defense, there practically isn't anything he doesn't do for you. Worth every penny.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #4894

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
No, Kopitar is a fucking beast. When you think of the best players people always think Toews, Crosby, Ovi, Benn, Seguin etc but Kopitar is almost never one of the first 5 names and maybe even 10 names you here but he is a winner and he does it all. Averages close to a point a game, clutch, defense, there practically isn't anything he doesn't do for you. Worth every penny.
for now...i don't know so much in the last few years of his contract lol
pretty scary precedence imo
now we're seeing the fallout of guys getting paid too much in FA and then failing to put together anything decent a year or two into that long, fat contract

Paying someone max money, max length when they aren't at the pinnacle of the game. He's not a franchise player. Yes, he's a beast but you're telling me he should make the same amount of money as the Crosby, Ovi, Toews, P. Kane, Weber of the game? Uh uh. Even Stamkos isn't worth that much money imo.

I'd pay Drew Doughty that money in the blink of an eye before I even think about it for Kopitar
Old 01-13-2016, 01:52 PM   #4895
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
? I'd pay kopitar that amount .. Besides I'm sure they had to give him 10m per over 8 years or I could see a player argue if you want to give me 5-6 years instead of the 8, I can demand more than 10 per.

Kopitar is clutch , and clearly helps his team win cups. Don't see Crosby doing that..

But what do I know I'm just armchair GM

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:38 PM   #4896
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
now we're seeing the fallout of guys getting paid too much in FA and then failing to put together anything decent a year or two into that long, fat contract

Paying someone max money, max length when they aren't at the pinnacle of the game. He's not a franchise player. Yes, he's a beast but you're telling me he should make the same amount of money as the Crosby, Ovi, Toews, P. Kane, Weber of the game? Uh uh. Even Stamkos isn't worth that much money imo.

I'd pay Drew Doughty that money in the blink of an eye before I even think about it for Kopitar
LOL I only said I would give him that money in a heart beat but the term not so much. I'm sorry though I have to disagree in terms of him not being a franchise player though. We can probably debate it until our faces are blue but there's no point.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 03:25 PM   #4897

Well signing him at that questions the ability of signing thorn young talent. A "franchise player" should be willing to play for less if he's signing for 8 years, this isn't a 24 year old we're talking about.. How many 36 year olds are in the game that are worth 10m?
Old 01-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #4898
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post

Crosby, Ovi, and Weber got front-loaded, cheater contracts before the rules were changed.

But this is the paradox of the current system, where players aged 25-27 (depending on when they started playing in the NHL) turn UFAs ... and most players peak in their mid-20s. You're forced to pay the player to keep him based on past performance, but the odds are that they've already played their best hockey and will be in sharp decline before the contract expires.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:32 PM   #4899
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

The player picked after the Canucks picked Luc Bourdon?

Anze Kopitar

Sad on multiple levels...
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2016, 03:40 PM   #4900
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,333 Times in 5,645 Posts
Meh, I wouldn't have him on my team for 10