REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:35 AM   #6901
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
Also bo is playing on a line with vey and etem lol what a joke of a coach! Aqualinis influencing lines now too?
Can you clarify what you want exactly?

Do you want the best lines possible so we have a chance to win every night or would you like us to tank?
Advertisement
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #6902
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
he just doesn't want Bo playing with a couple of plugs

I'm ok with him playing with Etem...he's show some glimpses of what he can do and somewhat responsible down low
Vey is just garbage on skates and will probably drag Bo down
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2016, 12:26 PM   #6903
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Canucks rep called and i told them i will not be renewing season tickets next season lol
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #6904
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
Canucks rep called and i told them i will not be renewing season tickets next season lol
Did you tell him why though?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:19 PM   #6905
My homepage has been set to RS

604 boi and I are on the same page when it comes to the Canucks! Why waste your number one guy in bo to play with trash like vey? Etem I'm fine with but wtf, vey? Vey should be on the farm, fuck he should be on another team picking up pucks once practice is over....

Why change bo, horvat and baerstchi line when they are starting to create chemistry? The incompetence of ownership all the way down to the GM and coach is astonishing!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:51 PM   #6906
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Losers
Vancouver Canucks

The Canucks fall firmly in the losers camp for what they weren't able to do.

GM Jim Benning was sitting on two seemingly attractive trade chips in impending UFA's Radim Vrbata and Dan Hamhuis.

The latter was certainly believed to be commanding attention from several suitors, including Chicago, Dallas, Boston, Pittsburgh, and even Washington. While it is believed he was willing to waive his no-trade clause for at least a couple of those options, the return didn't appear to meet Benning's liking.

Hamhuis enjoys Vancouver and could very well have returned as a free agent this summer; that the Canucks held on to him when there was such great interest and offers on the table is nothing short of baffling.

And the same goes for Vrbata, who's had a down season after being removed from the top line early on, but who also recorded 31 goals and 63 points as recently as last year. Surely a contending team had a draft pick or two lying around for that potential boost.

In short, the inability to gain assets for these two players is a stunning lack of action for a team stuck in no man's land in terms of direction for the future.
Quote:
LOSERS
1. Vancouver Canucks
This year’s trade market lacked mega-star names. In theory, then, right winger Radim Vrbata and defenseman Dan Hamhuis were particularly valuable rental assets as pending UFAs. They weren’t the easiest players in the world to unload, as Hamhuis had a full no-trade clause and Vrbata a limited no-trade allowing him to submit a list of five teams to which he’d accept a deal. It’s difficult to know this early what caused the moves to collapse – Did Vancouver want too much? – but not moving those expiring assets was a failure nonetheless. Benning said the Canucks got no concrete offers from teams on Vrbata’s list, but we do know Hamhuis would’ve accepted a trade to Chicago or Dallas, as he told reporters that after the deadline.
Now both players remain Canucks for the rest of the season, and tough to buy the notion of Hamhuis and Vrbata aiding a late playoff push in Vancouver. The Canucks are eight points out of a Western Conference wild-card berth, albeit with games in hand on Colorado.
Quote:
Vancouver Canucks
Yes, we know Dan Hamhuis holds the hammer when it comes to waiving his no-movement clause. But if GM Jim Benning really wants to be committed to a rebuild, didn’t he have to find a way to persuade the pending unrestricted free agent to move in order to get some kind of return? And the same situation applies to another pending UFA, Radim Vrbata. A real headscratcher out on the Left Coast.
Quote:
Losers
Vancouver Canucks

The Canucks entered deadline day eight points out of a playoff spot and as one of the few projected sellers.

With the likes of Chris Higgins, Radim Vrbata and Dan Hamhuis available for trade it seemed like a good bet to say Jim Benning and co. would be quite active.

That was clearly not the case, though, as the Canucks did not make a deal and stood pat. They’re not going to make the playoffs, and they failed to move any veterans for assets that can help moving forward, even if they had to accept less to do so.
Googling "NHL deadline deals" and we are the talk of the league, albeit in a shitty way. Almost every single media and news outlet has us ranked as the #1 loser at the deadline, at least we are #1 at something amirite?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #6907
nah

Aquilini has taken over Wang for the worst owner in the league. Luckily for Islander fans, he's gone or will be gone soon.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2016, 02:04 PM   #6908

Luckily for islanders fans are their team is better then ours
Old 03-01-2016, 02:06 PM   #6909
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Luckily for islanders fans are their team is better then ours
Wasn't always the case though.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:27 PM   #6910
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Gaunce has been recalled.
I wonder if he will play tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:33 PM   #6911

Probably not!
Old 03-01-2016, 02:48 PM   #6912

Quote:
Probably not!
Yup. Canucks confirmed he will not play tonight.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #6913

The Buck needs to stop at the GM level. You either need to convince ownership to give you reigns on these decisions, or quit and find someone who will. That is their BANTA

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #6914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Did you tell him why though?
Told them they fucking suck, not interested in the direction the organization is heading
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2016, 04:10 PM   #6915
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,580 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
Told them they fucking suck, not interested in the direction the organization is heading
What was the persons reaction?
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:12 PM   #6916

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
What was the persons reaction?
"oh well im sure murd0c would trade tit pics for your tickets"

"oh well im sure Jim and Trevor has a good sense of where the team is headed."

tanking is acceptable but being a team between the nickle and dime is a joke
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #6917
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,580 Times in 4,297 Posts
no question it is and we all know they don't have a clue what they are doing right now
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:34 PM   #6918

Supposedly no Vrbata and no Hansen tonight.
Gaunce won't make it before puck drop so Weber will slot in as a forward.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-01-2016, 04:37 PM   #6919
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Is there a reason Weber is playing forward and not Gaunce?

Edit: nm shouldve refreshed.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #6920
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I've decided not to renew my season tickets as well this year after 11-12 years. If they were to outright blow up the team and build from scratch I would have stuck it out and would have been fine with an evolving team for the next bunch of years. But the fact that we will be out of the playoffs and not in any ideal draft pick position is what's finally broken my back. Time to hit the abort button, as much as it will hurt to give up the seat seniority that i've built up over the years.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #6921

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
I'm watching this Pittsburgh vs. Washington game now. -much more entertaining than watching the Canucks.

When do we hear the chants of "Aquilini Sucks!" or "Fire Benning" tonight?
Old 03-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #6922
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Chants will have to be really loud with multiple sections or else they'll just try and drown it out via audio.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #6923
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
After calming down about this damn deadline, I think the reason the Canucks decided not to do anything is they are worried about the culture in the room and how it affects the kids in Virtanen, McCann, and Hutton.

I remember a few weeks ago where ppl reported that a lot of players are shocked at where they are and that the mood in the room is very fragile. That being said, with our media hounding about selling in the deadline probably made it worse. They said some players weren't sure if they will be here the next day or not.

You add Hamhuis being a family guy and loving Vancouver. And Vrbata who's going to be a dad in May, it seems like a douchebag move to trade them and force them to be away for their families for the next months when their mind isn't there. You can say they are paid big bucks to be in the business but it's also how you treat your employees in order to have a functional team.

Also, I think someone brought this up before and that players may not view the Canucks as good as before especially with the way Bieksa and Garrison were traded. If they were forced to waive their no trade and signed for less money because of it, players may feel the Canucks won't honour their contracts if similar situation exists. I guess they want to sign players this off season and wants to look good?
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:40 PM   #6924
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
After calming down about this damn deadline, I think the reason the Canucks decided not to do anything is they are worried about the culture in the room and how it affects the kids in Virtanen, McCann, and Hutton.

I remember a few weeks ago where ppl reported that a lot of players are shocked at where they are and that the mood in the room is very fragile. That being said, with our media hounding about selling in the deadline probably made it worse. They said some players weren't sure if they will be here the next day or not.

You add Hamhuis being a family guy and loving Vancouver. And Vrbata who's going to be a dad in May, it seems like a douchebag move to trade them and force them to be away for their families for the next months when their mind isn't there. You can say they are paid big bucks to be in the business but it's also how you treat your employees in order to have a functional team.

Also, I think someone brought this up before and that players may not view the Canucks as good as before especially with the way Bieksa and Garrison were traded. If they were forced to waive their no trade and signed for less money because of it, players may feel the Canucks won't honour their contracts if similar situation exists. I guess they want to sign players this off season and wants to look good?
oh i remember seeing that. however, nature of the biz, but also ideal to keep employees happy. Sad to see how it ended with Bieksa, He was clearly ready to be a Canuck for life. Jason Garrison was a cap move...

but all under Benning's watch.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #6925
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Garrison was a "cap" move because:

1) Benning targeted Sbisa in the Kesler trade
and
2) Benning was going to sign Miller for $6M/year
and
3) Benning wanted to take a run at Iginla

Trading our highest scoring Dman in his 20s signed with term at a decent cap hit for a late 2nd was, and still is, a fucking joke. There was no need to trade Garrison.

Russell got more than that as a rental. Polak got more than that as a rental. And that was in a weak market ...
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: