REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:14 AM   #2326
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Dim Jim at it again
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #2327
I bringith the lowerballerith

Hunwick - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Harrington
Rielly -
Marincin, Robidas, Polak, Corrado

leafs have 8 d, wouldn't be surprising if he gets waived again
OGCStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #2328
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
At least the leafs will put Robidas on LTIR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #2329
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
Lack signs a 2 year extension with the canes at $2.75M AAV.

Gonna be a steal of a deal if he can become the bonafide number 1 in that time
I always thought he was looking for something with longer term and closer to 4M, which was why we couldn't afford to keep him. JB knew how much it would have cost to keep him here... I like Markstrom, but hoping he'll be good enough to start in 2 years is a bit optimistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Actually, apparently Torres isn't a repeat offender according to the current CBA. Only the last 18 months count toward that rule.
That's only the rules under the old CBA, and even then a players previous history outside of 18 months can be looked at but can't be used to determine the length of suspension. The current CBA has no 18 month provision

On the waiver front, what was the justification not to put Higgins on IR and leave a roster spot open at least for a few more weeks?
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #2330
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
Just yesterday everybody was elated to see rookies into the line up. The very next day everyone is pissed hahaah.
I think everyone is still excited about all the young guns in the lineup, but GMJB continues to astound the fan base with moves that make absolutely no sense. Two completely separate things.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2015, 10:33 AM   #2331

I'm liking markstrom more and more, always like big goalies who are mobile, I think generally their potential to be great is far better than goalies on the smaller side
Old 10-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #2332
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Wouldn't you end up facing the same problems when Higgins is back from IR? The team is healthy.

Gamble now thinking teams are less likely to claim than later? Toronto willing to claim and waive Panik.
You might. But how many times have we seen guys shine in the preseason (eg Shirokov) only to watch them fizzle out a few games into the regular season.

I'm not saying it will happen with any of our 3 guys, but it wouldn't be the first time it happened. With Higgins 2-3 weeks away from returning to the lineup, maybe more if they can assign him on an AHL conditioning stint or another player gets injured, it just didn't make sense.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #2333

im hoping the leash is short on miller not sold on the guy and just not confident with him in net...would rather have a huge goalie like markstrom in net i have more confidence in him because when he plays he battles tries to like thru depfenders...as for miller he looks lazy and not as quick..
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #2334
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
I think everyone is still excited about all the young guns in the lineup, but GMJB continues to astound the fan base with moves that make absolutely no sense. Two completely separate things.
Are you more pissed or more excited?

Jmac is pissed!
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #2335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
You might. But how many times have we seen guys shine in the preseason (eg Shirokov) only to watch them fizzle out a few games into the regular season.

I'm not saying it will happen with any of our 3 guys, but it wouldn't be the first time it happened. With Higgins 2-3 weeks away from returning to the lineup, maybe more if they can assign him on an AHL conditioning stint or another player gets injured, it just didn't make sense.
the problem with shirokov was they really never gave him a chance...canucks management always gives their young guys a short leash...ie except vey but thank god he is gone and hopefully never called back up!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2015, 10:59 AM   #2336
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
as John Garrett said during the preseason, on top of the 100 fucking times he said that the Sharks farm team are playing in San Jose, the difference between the flash in the pan preseason players (ie. Shirokov, Shannon) is pedigree. Virtanen/McCann all first rounders, less likely to fizzle out.

I'm not sure about Hutton, I'm hoping he develops into a more offensive Tanev.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:04 AM   #2337
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
I'm confident that Virtanen and McCann can show consistency in their play. You will not disappointed with them.

I can't wait to see big Jake throw big hits in the Calgary game tomorrow.

Who thinks that Ferland is gonna get wrecked tomorrow?
Old 10-06-2015, 11:12 AM   #2338
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
I applaud management for taking a hardnose stance and willing to make these 'bold moves', it sends a message to the players who they are trying to up the internal compete level. But this isn't an excuse to be making stupid illogical moves. I also have a soft spot for guys like MG who manipulate the fine print like nobody's business to try and give your team every last advantage to compete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
im hoping the leash is short on miller not sold on the guy and just not confident with him in net...would rather have a huge goalie like markstrom in net i have more confidence in him because when he plays he battles tries to like thru depfenders...as for miller he looks lazy and not as quick..
Miller is a very intellectual goalie, the way he plays his game. Markstrom is much the same way young Luongo was when he first came here, made all these crazy looking acrobatic saves because the finer points of his game were so raw. He is definitely a better technical goalie when he left than when he arrived, though many felt he wasn't able to make those amazing saves anymore. I've always liked Markstrom's upside especially with Rolly helping to hone his skills. But I'm not ready to write off Miller yet either, as a goalie myself I really enjoy watching him play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
the problem with shirokov was they really never gave him a chance...canucks management always gives their young guys a short leash...ie except vey but thank god he is gone and hopefully never called back up!
I don't think that was Shirokov's problem... if it was there'd be 29 other GMs ready to pounce on all that. You earn your leash IMO. Perfect case in point Bo from last year.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #2339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

The Canucks started that season 2-4 and one of those wins came from a SO. Many players were under-performing at that time. Shirokov played the first couple games before getting buried deep in the lineup and later sent down to the minors after 6 GP.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:25 AM   #2340

^dont know how vey "earned" his long leash that he had..
Old 10-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #2341

Quote:
as John Garrett said during the preseason, on top of the 100 fucking times he said that the Sharks farm team are playing in San Jose, the difference between the flash in the pan preseason players (ie. Shirokov, Shannon) is pedigree. Virtanen/McCann all first rounders, less likely to fizzle out.

Judging by the Canucks draft history of first round picks, lots of them have fizzled out.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #2342
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Former NHL player Sean Avery was last week on two criminal charges.

Report: Former NHLer Avery arrested - Article - TSN

-wonder why he was throwing objects at vehicles. Was he high as fuck? Maybe he didn't get his sloppy seconds?

Former NHL player Sean Avery was arrested last week on two criminal charges.

According to a report from the 27east.com, Avery was arrested by Southampton Village Police on Wednesday, Sept. 30 following a routine traffic stop.

Avery was charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, both misdemeanours.

According to the report, the criminal mischief charge was for Avery allegedly throwing objects at passing vehicles. He also was found to be in possession of two prescription drugs, acetaminophen with oxycodone and roxicodone

Avery was released on bail.

The 35-year-old last played in the NHL in the 2011-12 season. In 580 career games, Avery had 90 goals and 247 points.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:19 PM   #2343
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Christ, there's fucking degrees on criminal mischief?
Possession has a seventh degree?

What the fuck, are these degrees specifically created for when they arrest white people or something?
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2015, 01:23 PM   #2344
I subscribe to Revscene

JB on team 1040 says he had called around 10-12 teams hoping to trade Corrado but no luck
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #2345
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I'm liking markstrom more and more, always like big goalies who are mobile, I think generally their potential to be great is far better than goalies on the smaller side
Handles the puck well too.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #2346

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
The Leafs really love the Canucks' castoffs huh....

Raymond... Booth.... Matthias.... and now Corrado
Old 10-06-2015, 01:33 PM   #2347
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:

Only applies if your scouting staff aren't morons. patrickwhitelol

And we haven't had much luck either. Jensen? Gaunce? C'mon...

Whereas we've had some luck with lower round and even undrafted guys. Edler, Burrows, Tanev, Hansen, etc.

And who's Shannon?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #2348

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
The Leafs really love the Canucks' castoffs huh....

Raymond... Booth.... Matthias.... and now Corrado
Don't forget Santorelli.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2015, 01:38 PM   #2349

"We could have put Higgins on LTI but that would have made him an 8th dman and we wanted him to play" - Dim Jim

Then you talk to 15 teams and show your cards? Of course he was going to be claimed
Old 10-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #2350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
And who's Shannon?
Ryan Shannon.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing