REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:02 AM   #3976
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Wow, talk about an emotionally intense read:

Black & Blue | The Players' Tribune
O'Sullivan was just on CKNW taking to Jon McComb, pretty intense stuff.

Edit: link to segment here: https://soundcloud.com/cknw/the-push...mb-show-dec-10
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by Soundy; 12-10-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:08 AM   #3977
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
There's another guy with a similar story who was on 1040 last month, almost the same story. Dad beat the shit out of him constantly, made him run behind the car, etc can't remember the guy's name, played a few hundred games in the NHL
Old 12-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #3978
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Miller does that on every penalty shot/shootout... Skates way out and then slowly glides back in
But he doesn't stand straight up like he isn't interested in the game.

I think that second of standing up out him in the wrong position when Boyle came in and made his move.
I am curious to hear his explanation on why he stood straight up for that full second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:38 AM   #3979
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
interesting article on AV
pretty much confirmed what we already know...Aquaman is a meddling owner who knows nothing about the process and how to build winning teams but only cares about profit

For Rangers? Vigneault, coaching is a sacrifice well worth making - The Globe and Mail

Spoiler!
Everything I've heard about Aqualini is that he's nothing but a scumbag
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #3980
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Everything I've heard about Aqualini is that he's nothing but a scumbag

It's a fact that he's a scumbag boss to his own workers.
-definitely not in WorkSafe's good books:

Aquilini family's farming company tops list of firms fined by WorkSafe BC

Members of the Aquilini family — who own the Vancouver Canucks — were fined the biggest amount in B.C. last year for worker-safety violations.

WorkSafeBC vice-president Al Johnson said on Monday that a farm vehicle used to transport workers on an Aquilini enterprise was not maintained in a "safe operating condition."

The Aquilini's were fined $125,277, topping a list of 260 penalties levied by the worker-safety agency last year.

Johnson said the fine was large because it was "the same type of violation as happened a year before."

"This was one of those things where they should have known better," he said.

The 570-hectare agricultural property, called the Golden Eagle blueberry farm, is located in the 16300 block of Aquilini Ave. in Pitt Meadows.

It is owned by Francesco Aquilini, Roberto Aquilini and Elisa Aquilini.

Johnson said the intent of the fine was to get the employer's attention.

"We use it as a tool to motivate employers' compliance. We're hoping this won't happen again," he said.

There were two incidents involving transportation safety. Johnson said the blueberry farm responded to the first incident in May, 2011 by promising to correct conditions.

He said that clearly didn't happen because they occurred a second time in July, 2011.

"This put the safety of the firm's workers and others at risk," said Johnson.

The $125,277 fine, which was the firm's second, came down in February, 2012 after working its way through the administrative system.

Golden Eagle rep John Negrin said that safety violations had been addressed and proper procedures were in place in a September, 2012 interview. He was not available on Monday.

The Aquilini's are one of B.C.'s wealthiest families.

Their net worth was estimated at $5 billion in a 2007 report.

Holdings include the Canucks, Rogers Arena and surrounding land which were valued at $500 million.

They also own and manage hotels; condo projects have been estimated at $1 billion.

Additional properties include office towers, golf courses and a pizza franchise.

The second and third highest penalties in WorkSafe's 2012 list, meanwhile, were imposed against Skylite Building Maintenance Ltd. for chronically exposing workers to asbestos, said Johnson. Each penalty was for $105,000.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:49 PM   #3981
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Well Hammer is having surgery tomorrow to fix facial fractures and is currently out indefinitely.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #3982
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts

looks like Hammer will be out for a considerable amount of time
so Canucks gave away Corrado for nothing to the fucking Laffs and they're rotting him away.

pure genius JB...pure genius
wait, i have an appropriate gif for that now

"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2015, 12:58 PM   #3983
Need my Daily Fix of RS

ALL ABOARD THE FEEL TRAIN
bossha is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #3984
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,408 Times in 5,094 Posts
Quote:

so Canucks gave away Corrado for nothing to the fucking Laffs and they're rotting him away.

If Corrado can't even crack a shit Laffs defence doesn't that tell you something???
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #3985
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
If Corrado can't even crack a shit Laffs defence doesn't that tell you something???
Remember, Canuck fans tend to have the laughable tendency of overvaluing their prospects
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:35 PM   #3986

Quote:
it tells me that Babcock is steady on his pairings. He had a shitty preseason and I was on of the guys dumping on him but at the time, i didn't know we could've retained him. I don't think that's a knock on his ability, it's more on Babcock not willing to budge on his current d pairings. The guy hasn't even had a chance to "crack" the shit Laff's line up.

FYI: so far this season
Canucks GA - 81, Laffs GA - 72
Canucks GA/GP - 2.7, Laffs - 2.57
Canucks SA/GP - 30.0, Laffs - 30.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Remember, Canuck fans tend to have the laughable tendency of overvaluing their prospects
if you think i'm laughably overvaluing Corrado, you must like seeing Weber and Bartkowski fish pucks out of net. Not saying Corrado isn't gonna do that but having that option would've been nice cus with Hammer out and Sbisa still not close to returning, the prospect of giving more minutes to Bart and Weber is terrifying in that the Laffs shit defence will soon look like an All-Norris pairing but tantalizing in that we could just get Chychrun or Matthews after all.

Nowhere did i polish Corrado's knobs. Just emphasizing the fact that it was a retard move on JB's part.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #3987

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Hopefully we can tank at the same time having both sedins winning the art ross together :')

Vancouver Sedin's
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #3988
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
There's another guy with a similar story who was on 1040 last month, almost the same story. Dad beat the shit out of him constantly, made him run behind the car, etc can't remember the guy's name, played a few hundred games in the NHL
Pretty sure it was O'Sullivan as well. He was on the midday show recently prior to the article and the CKNW interview.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #3989
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Vancouver GM JB announced today that the club has signed defenceman Guillaume Brisebois to a 3-year entry lvl contract

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #3990
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
https://twitter.com/VanCanucks/statu...64282703380480

https://twitter.com/myregularface/st...18154099564544
I'm not the best (probably not even good) lip reader, but I'm guessing AV's saying, "Way to fucking go" here.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #3991

Looked up Brisebois (he's the guy we essentially traded Lack for)

Last season he had a horrifying -40.
I thinks he's -10 this season so far lol

Still, only at 18 so he's got a long way to go. Scouting report says he's mature and an on-ice leader and is one of the few bright spots on his shitty qmjhl team
Old 12-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #3992
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
I'm kind of torn with what happened to Hamhuis.

The longer he's out = less likely we'll get that 1st round pick for him
The longer he's out = Canucks will lose more due to the lack of depth on the back end.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #3993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
I'm kind of torn with what happened to Hamhuis.

The longer he's out = less likely we'll get that 1st round pick for him
The longer he's out = Canucks will lose more due to the lack of depth on the back end.
less likely we'll get that 1st round pick but better chance for us to get top 5 pick
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #3994
In RS I Trust

I'm not torn at all, really as long as he recovers thats all that matters. As long as the Sedins stay healthy and the young kids progress thats all that really matters. We at least will get a first rounder out of Vrbata at the trade deadline
Old 12-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #3995

tooth fell out when he was skating to the bench too
Old 12-10-2015, 06:34 PM   #3996
In RS I Trust

its worse when its just hanging there still attached to your gums lol
Old 12-10-2015, 07:49 PM   #3997
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
lol first rounder for either of them? really? I doubt it

Hammer has been washed up since 2011 and "Verby" is a playoff no-show
Old 12-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #3998
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
I'd be happy with a second rounder for either or
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #3999

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Iron Man Jagr scored his 731st goal yesterday to put him a tie for fourth place with Marcel Dionne on the list of all time goal scoring leaders.

-mad respect for what JJ has accomplished in his career. He's 43 years old and still playing in the NHL.

Think about it. Jagr already won two Stanley Cups with Pittsburgh before McBitch was even born.

Jaromir Jagr scores 731st NHL goal, ties Marcel Dionne | NHL.com - News

Florida Panthers forward Jaromir Jagr scored his 731st NHL goal Thursday to tie Marcel Dionne for fourth place on the League's all-time list.

Jagr scored 51 seconds into the first period of a 4-1 win against the Washington Capitals at BB&T Center. He has nine goals this season; he had gone eight games without one.

"I was waiting for a long time," Jagr said. "I had some chances; I just couldn't score. I'm glad it's behind me. Every record looks like there's a big karma around it and it's tough to break it. It's not the first time that I was stuck on a number. It's always like that. The great players, there's great charisma and great karma around it ... it's like a huge wall.”

Jagr scored on the first shot after an opening faceoff that was delayed 17 minutes to allow the required emergency personnel to arrive at the arena.

"He had some chances before that, but tonight it's good to get that goal," Panthers coach Gerard Gallant said. 'He's going to score more goals for us over his career, but tonight I'm sure he's pretty excited."

The 43-year-old is 10 goals behind Brett Hull for third place. Wayne Gretzky's 894 goals are most in NHL history, 93 more than Gordie Howe.

Jagr is fourth with 1,823 points, behind Howe (1,850), Mark Messier (1,887) and Gretzky (2,857).

Jagr, who made his NHL debut on Oct. 5, 1990, has played 1,577 games with the Pittsburgh Penguins, Capitals, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Dallas Stars, Boston Bruins, New Jersey Devils and Panthers.

Dionne scored his 731 goals in 1,348 games with the Detroit Red Wings, Los Angeles Kings and Rangers. He last played in the 1988-89 season.

Jagr missed three NHL seasons playing in the Kontinental Hockey League from 2008-11.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:05 AM   #4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

Think about it. Jagr already won two Stanley Cups with Pittsburgh before McBitch was even born.
Man.. shut up, no respect for the next one