REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:36 AM   #8676
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
I don't get all these quotes I read the past few years where players "stop playing" for coaches... What about your teammates? Your fans? Your pride? Your fucking multi-million dollar paycheque? If it's true it makes me sick... Hardly anybody on the planet likes their boss or feels valued at their job, suck it up and fucking do your work. Bunch of spoiled babies players have become these days.
Advertisement
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2016, 10:22 AM   #8677
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I don't get all these quotes I read the past few years where players "stop playing" for coaches... What about your teammates? Your fans? Your pride? Your fucking multi-million dollar paycheque? If it's true it makes me sick... Hardly anybody on the planet likes their boss or feels valued at their job, suck it up and fucking do your work. Bunch of spoiled babies players have become these days.
Agreed.

BRB, not working for my boss because I don't agree with the hours he's giving me. Fucking divas.
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:25 AM   #8678
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
As much as I like Nylander, I think dubois will be Benning pick unless Edm takes him. We don't have anyone to replace Henrik down the road (unless we sign Stamkos lol). Horvat Sutter McCann imo, cannot replace Henrik on the first line.
Keep in mind that MG even said that the sedins were not first line players when MG's reign started... Took them near 10 years to arrive.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #8679
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
Edm is going to trade the Pick
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:33 AM   #8680
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Not that simple IMO. coaches have to get players to commit to their system. Hockey is very much a systems game nowadays. When some/all players think the coach's system sucks, they can still be playing their best but the teams cohesion falls apart and you're likely to be beaten by a lesser team following the systems. Look at the turn Pittsburgh made this year for example after a coaching change. Does Crosby want to be told to play more defense, not skate as much, pass more, etc etc?

Feel for coaches really, its their job to make the most of what they have on their roster, but they do need to babysit much more today than in the past to keep players on their good side. The game is so fast nowadays and the talent level is so close between teams that there is little to no buffer room for coaches.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2016, 11:38 AM   #8681
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
Oh I definitely appreciate that, but it works both ways... Look at Vrbata this year, I got angry just watching him he was so obviously just skating around waiting for the season to end and collect his paycheque it was awful. If you dont like something, be part of the solution not part of the problem. That's my attitude anyway.

Even if you don't like the system you can still make an effort, or there are proactive ways to deal with the issue that doesn't involve just not trying anymore. It's bizarre how they can have that attitude I don't understand it at all. Even Vrbata imo is a complete idiot, he cost himself millions of dollars in future contracts by floating around this year and showing everyone what he's really all about when things don't go his way. Coach didn't like Baertschi either but Baertschi decided to show him what's up... Vrbata just whined about his line mates not being a good fit for him and packed it in.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:17 PM   #8682
My homepage has been set to RS

^two ends of careers man! I see what your saying but I can see wheree vrbata is coming from he signed with the canucks to specifcally play with the sedins. Which did happen for the first year, second year vrbata didnt even know what line he was playing with in pre season let alone the season. Part of it is on coach and other part is on player to perform.

Also vrbata is a vet in the league he has been playing for quite some time so he thinks he can dog fuck, collect his pay cheque and move on. He probably knows another team will take a shot on him. Sven needed to play better or else he would been either shipped out or sent down so that lit a fire under him and started playing better.
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:32 PM   #8683
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
holy shit
Naba's post only contained one (!) exclamation mark.
is this real life

I do have to admit that there are more entitled divas in each team these days. Also sucks that there are players who play well and then suck massive shit as soon as they get their big paydays.

Edmonton is definitely gonna trade down. I'd imagine they'd be pretty busy this offseason. If they decide to keep their shit core unworked, then i'll be taking comfort in the fact that there's at least one team with dumber asset management than the Canucks.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2016, 02:27 PM   #8684

Canucks prospect who signed an ELC last year has requested a trade out of his junior team

Guillaume Brisebois (the guy we basically traded Eddie Lack for) has requested a trade out of his QMJHL team, and the team he captains, Acadie-Bathurst.

Can't say I blame him, I don't see very many QMJHL but it looks like his team sucks
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 05-04-2016, 02:35 PM   #8685
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
I doubt Edm is going to trade down. They're going to draft Tkachuck and build big fast wingers around McDavid and Draistl.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #8686

damn.
Arizona to name John Chayka as the new GM
the guy is 26

Old 05-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #8687
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
I doubt Edm is going to trade down. They're going to draft Tkachuck and build big fast wingers around McDavid and Draistl.
I can see it going either way.
They have to trade some assets. Yakopov asked for a trade out.
At some point, they are going to run out of cap space and will need to move one or more guys. Nuge, Eberle, Hall.
*If* they choose to draft Dubois, that will give them another center.

And they know they need NHL ready D men now. To get that, they may get the best return by trading one of those mentioned forwards.

But it might not hurt them to trade down to 7th or 8th to pick up a D man and get an NHL ready D man as well as part of the trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:03 PM   #8688
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Keep in mind that MG even said that the sedins were not first line players when MG's reign started... Took them near 10 years to arrive.
That's not what he said. Though it didn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement, either.
Quote:
Barry and former general manager Dave Nonis had planned to travel together to Sweden and sign the Sedins to long-term extensions -- likely for less than market value, a concession the twins were willing to accept for the Canucks’ loyalty and the chance to keep playing together in the National Hockey League.

But owner Francesco Aquilini fired Nonis in April and hired Gillis, who said in his first press conference: “I don't think the group of forwards right now are ready to compete. I don't know if they [the Sedins] are players the team will be built around moving forward.”

Only two months later — and after the twins’ names were splashed across newspapers on two continents in speculative trade reports — Gillis said he hoped to re-sign the 27 year olds, who are eligible for unrestricted free agency next July.

Barry, however, has declined Gillis’s request to open contract negotiations.

Understandably, he and his clients are unsure how the players fit the Canucks’ plans.

“It wasn’t my intention to disparage their ability,” Gillis said.

“When I was asked that question [about the Sedins], I answered in the context of players going into the last year of their contract. I can’t build around players I might not have for more than a year.

“I tried to correct that because it did come out the wrong way. It was my fault.”
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #8689

26 and a GM wtf is this NHL 17?
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:01 PM   #8690
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
caps in trouble now
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #8691
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
26 and a GM wtf is this NHL 17?
Well let's hope Arizona doesn't make any trades with Vancouver, otherwise it might actually be like NHL 17 for him.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #8692
UFO

Re sedins... What I typed was what I heard/interpreted. We all know MG isn't the smoothest talker, but he does draw a hard line with regards to cap managment. I wouldnt be surprised at his comments 2 months after the fact as a sort of damage control, who knows maybe he was trying to downplay the sedins value to get a better value contract at the time
Old 05-04-2016, 09:06 PM   #8693
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
M.A Fleury to CGY ??
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:23 PM   #8694

Lol at people who picked the Caps to win the cup.

San Jose east
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2016, 07:35 AM   #8695

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
Lol at people who picked the Caps to win the cup.

San Jose east
San Jose looking like the real deal this year, however, I still prefer my Blues
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:23 AM   #8696
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
Man the more Brock does the more this kid looks like a steal of the draft last year...

Canucks' Boeser taking student with Down syndrome to prom - Sportsnet.ca

Quote:
Vancouver Canucks prospect Brock Boeser is going to prom.

The 19-year-old right wing is taking student Baylee Bjorge, who was born with Down syndrome, to Grand Forks Central’s prom on Saturday night, according to the Grand Forks Herald.

Bjorge created a Twitter account to ask Boeser if he would join her at prom. Katie Marcotte, Bjorge’s mother, was unaware that she had asked Boeser to prom and shut down the account.

Boeser got a phone number for Marcotte from a mutual friend and texted her Tuesday night to see if Bjorge was still available to be taken.

Bjorge, 20, wasn't planning on going to prom but she and her family quickly found a dress and are returning from vacation in Florida just in time for the big day.

"I'm excited," Bjorge said. "It's amazing."

Boeser, who is Bjorge's favourite player, was drafted in the first round of last year's NHL draft by the Canucks. He won a national championship this past season as a freshman with the University of North Dakota.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2016, 09:50 AM   #8697
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
PSA.
6 am local time tomorrow, Canada vs USA
There we will see MCDavid vs Matthews.

And Laine will be playing for Team Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:59 AM   #8698

Benning is gonna be in a very interesting position in the draft. Boeser and Virtanen are both RW. The left side is a weak spot for the Canucks. But they also need a No. 1 center, and a top pairing d-man.

I feel like depending with what the Oilers do (trade the pick or draft), Benning will take one of either Dubois or Juolevi.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:50 AM   #8699

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Depending on who/what the Oilers do, Canucks will take Tkachuk or Dubois. The DMen in this draft aren't game breaking guys you take at #5 IMO
Old 05-05-2016, 11:15 AM   #8700

Jagr signs one more year with the Panthers

the legend continues