REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #126
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I truly believe that the only way humans will work together is if the aliens attack. We need a common enemy to bring us together.
Nah, not gonna work. There'll still be sellouts that join the aliens and do their bidding.
Advertisement
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2015, 10:20 AM   #127
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
On that note, have you seen Multicartual's new book,

"How to pick up green bitches, from space"

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #128
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
The green fairy. Hot.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:41 AM   #129
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
would smash, with the force of a thousand suns

2004 E46 M3
2001 WRX STi (sold)
2003 Supercharged 350z (sold)
1991 R32 GTR (sold)
2000 Civic SiR (sold)
1990 Civic Si-T (sold)
1986 MK1 Mr2 (sold)
2005 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2003 CBR 600RR (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098 track (sold)
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (track build)
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2015, 12:15 PM   #130
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
You can also look at that sign on the truck from the angle of the world economy and the globalization of work.

So if you do not want to buy "crap" from China, does the driver want to buy local made, "made in Canada" products because he thinks the product would be higher quality?

The guy is on crack if he thinks that he can buy a Canadian made product at an affordable price given that Canadian labour costs, e.g. wages, are higher than China's labour costs. We also have many unionized workers in this country.

Does that guy really think in this global economy a multinational corporation would move their manufacturing process back to Canada or the U.S? Profit margins would go down because the labour costs of making that same product would go way up. Is that company going to jack up the price of that can opener, or toy, two, three, of five times just to make the same amount of profit if the same product is made in China? Hell no, would consumers buy that product?

Corporations only care about one thing: Profit. They only care about how much money that they can squeeze out of consumers.

Consumers that want a high quality product at an affordable price need a reality check. What's with this sense of entitlement? Corporations don't give a fuck about consumers. They care about how much money they can make out of each consumer.

Perhaps manufacturing is different in Europe or Asia. I've seen beautiful Bohemian crystal made in the Czech republic. It definitely wasn't made in China. It was high quality stuff. Was it affordable to many consumers? I doubt it. The cheapest Bohemian crystal ornament that I saw in that Czech store cost 100 Euros.

You want a high quality product? Pay more money for it. Sometimes you cannot have your cake and eat it too by getting a high quality product at a cheap/affordable price.

You may not have a choice when it comes to buying certain products because that corporation selling that product to the retailer moved their manufacturing process to China. That's too bad. Suck it up, buttercup!
Old 06-19-2015, 12:21 PM   #131
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Economics and politics aside, most people in the thread interpreted the message initially as "racist." Whereas some people stopped and thought for a second or two then came to realize, "Okay, maybe this message isn't racist."

Stupid hipsters.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2015, 01:16 PM   #132
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,383 Times in 1,231 Posts
Quote:
The french are definitely a proud people, and for the most part the average Quebec citizen that I encountered was a kind, decent human being. But like anything, the bad individuals really stood out. That said, how does one go through their daily life without communicating? In an average day you would need to 1)order a coffee at Tims 2) get gas for the car 3) speak with co-workers (who were the kindest folk of all). I learned how to speak french very quickly, and immersed myself in the culture by smoking and drinking in Jazz bars. But my wife was terrified to go to the supermarket.

I would never say that I understand what a black person goes through living in the south, or what an asian person feels when someone does their best rendition of "no tickee, no shirtee". But from what I have experienced, it sucks. To be written off because you look, speak, or believe something different than everyone else. It's a feeling of being alone, while surrounded by millions of people.

While the terms racism, xenophobia, judgemental, bigotry, et al are different, the result is the same. People being considered lower because of their differences.

I truly believe that the only way humans will work together is if the aliens attack. We need a common enemy to bring us together.

Did you Independence Day lately?

I agree that bigotry in all forms is reprehensible. But the biggest difference with your situation and racism is that you can change your situation by learning French and partaking in their community. A black guy is never going to be accepted in a racist redneck community no matter how hard he tries. Or if you prefer, a white guy in Japan can learn to speak perfect Japanese but still never be accepted by society at large or the government there. People will continue to judge their outward appearance even if it has no bearing on their behavior or contribution to society. That, I believe, is more insidious.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #133
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,823 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
So he's Vietnamese and his wife is Chinese.

So what seems racist to me is how many of you retards immediately stereotyped this as "some white hillbilly"
someone earlier on in the thread said they've seen a low-income white guy driving this truck and lives in their neighbourhood, so not really stereotyping.

so because an asian man makes a discriminatory statement and tells you to gtfo of Canada if you don't agree with him is suddenly not racist? same reason why someone of African decent uses the word 'nigger' day-in and day-out is asinine and speaks volume about their class and education level.

A racist remark can be against a culture as a whole and does not have to be confined to a specific ethnicity for it to be classified as racism.

Last edited by twitchyzero; 06-19-2015 at 01:56 PM.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:45 PM   #134
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
this country.

Does that guy really think in this global economy a multinational corporation would move their manufacturing process back to Canada or the U.S?
Yes.

Coming home | The Economist

http://news.yahoo.com/manufacturing-...--finance.html

Companies Tiptoe Back Toward ?Made in the U.S.A.? - WSJ
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:15 PM   #135
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
the fact that he is not white makes it more ironic. not less racist.

I still stand by my comments.

he's generalizing an entire country/race... while adding in the "get out of MY country"... as if he is the definition of the country. and alienating them as "they" vs "us".

the fact is... too fucking bad. they're here. and they're here to stay. it aint his country.
it's theirs too.

that's why it's offensive.

there was never any "they" vs "us"... it's just him vs himself and him not liking the way things are. LOL.

it's offensive when ANYONE claims this country or culture to themselves. and treats anyone else, even if they're an immigrant and or someone who's only been here half the time any differently.

i shouldn't say offensive. cuz i'm not offended. it just sounds plain stupid.

OUR CULTURE, OUR COUNTRY. GET OUT... uhh actually no, it's not your country. it's not your culture. you're just another person, just like they are. u have no entitlement to this country or culture any more than anyone else on this planet does.

get out? HAHA get the fuck out yourself, idiots. they ain't getting out. you get the fuck out. times have changed. change with it, or leave. your complaining is more like a whiny bitch bitchin'.

"im a real canadian, i was born here (or moved here before u did!)... i am the true canadian!!! it's my culture!!! it's MY COUNTRY!!!" lol yah ok. if they pay more taxes, in my eyes they are more canadian than you are. unless u fucking fought in a war defending canada or some shit.

the fact is, any joe blow can move here, and out canadian you in a moment. and you don't like that. and if they out canadian you with their buddies, then they become the real canadians. and you become a fucking minority, forgotten in the books of history. boo fucking hoo.

the world gets smaller every moment. you will feel the pressures of bigger powers as they take hold of the globe. you can't ignore 1 billion people and tell them to get off your land. you're on the losing side.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 06-19-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2015, 03:34 AM   #136
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
actually i thought about it long and hard. this is the most offensive thing about it:

anyone that says "get out of my country" or "stop destroying my culture" or whatever, is assuming that they represent all of the other canadians, including me.

and that i value the same fucking things they do. and they assume that their message is somehow more legit than other canadians that have different values.

lol, fuck you guys. i clearly ain't the same canadian as he is. what you gonna do, kick me out of "your" country LOL.

"our" country... don't include me in your crazy crusade. I, for one, welcome anyone into this country that isn't going to hate on anyone else and anyone who isn't afraid of change, and of course, anyone with a buncha greenback.

if you wish to preserve culture, go work at the museum of history.

as the world gets smaller, cultures will mix, or... clash. the result won't be one culture winning and the other culture being assimilated. it will be both of them changing, and the ones that cling to the old traditional ideologies will just become old grumps, as the rest of the world, and people that can change and give up the old ways keep chugging along and living life. have fun.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 06-20-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:12 PM   #137
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
question if i put the same message on BMW 7 series & drive a around richmond, will u all think its a racist chinese person from HK or TW hating on its own kind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:55 AM   #138
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,818 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
On that note, have you seen Multicartual's new book,

"How to pick up green bitches, from space"

waiting for his follow-up book on green haired bishes...
"The Kiss and Dismiss"

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: