REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:11 AM   #76
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
We don't discuss shit like Bruce Jenner or LGBT, we talk about hunting, fishing, traveling, where were going to plan our next trip etc. or on the lower scale we just get baked and discuss science and technology type shit.
That is because you choose to ride in the back of the cultural bus, like most straight white males now do out of fear.

There is more to life than leisure and recreation, you would never guess that though if you had a chat with most "men" these days.
Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #77
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Homeless people COULD get their shit together, I mean, it actually is not very hard to get into a halfway house and get job placement.

Then you're looking at a minimum wage job and time to re-adjust to society. Imagine being homeless for a decade or being on drugs since like 2005 and then coming back into society and having to work with crazy trannies, super-out gay people or easily-offended feminists. A lot of people unable to bite their tongues would be out of work incredibly fast.

The poorer you are, the less of a voice you have, until you hit rock bottom... then you can finally say and think whatever you want!

Due to financial necessity, now more than ever, speech and thoughts must be carefully navigated. How many RS'ers hold back their own beliefs due to the knowledge of our hyper-PC climate?

Another huge factor at work here is the lack of any real community. I've lived in Gastown for nearly 6 years now, and I can say without a doubt that there is little sense of community and other men have mentioned how few genuine friends they have downtown. Things like housing are no longer for shelter, for putting a root down and engaging with other like-minded people. Dating no longer requires you to know anyone and to network to meet the lady or partner of your dreams. Instead, housing is a speculative investment where many people are buying up as many properties as possible and looking to become the next neo-feudal lord, dating has turned into an electronic game of writing the best profile and having great photos, an advertisement for yourself rather than requiring social participation it formerly required.

Women especially are used as validation for men more than ever, guys who post photos of themselves with their hot girlfriends to increase a man's social value to others. The vice-versa happens as well, but women get more value out of a man with money than a man with looks.

Instead of being a great person in their community, people become great people on the internet with likes and comments. We all now participate in this global popularity contest that just seems so hollow and juvenile, and if you disagree with it there is NO alternative to our new digital image-based culture. If it doesn't happen online, it didn't happen.

However, if it did happen and someone was offended, look out for the Twitter shitstorm. It doesn't matter if you have done immense great deeds in life, one tiny slice of your life taken out of context could cost you your entire career and reputation for the rest of your life.

Dalhousie anyone?

Sid posted a comment showing people on a subway commute all thinking the same thing but not saying a word. That's a good example of how people are too afraid to speak their minds out of the financial necessity to blend in and keep to themselves. Speak your mind, get fired, and you could find yourself on the street faster than you could say "freedom".
eh those flamboyant gays and stuff are pretty rare in the real world, well it depends on what industry you're in.

there's an interesting article in macleans about this, even though i hate macleans
He's fired. Who's next?
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:30 AM   #78
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Sometimes I don't know if you are a genius or a complete retard multi. My guess is a bit of both.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #79
Banned (ABWS)

^ I take that as the biggest compliment, thank you!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2015, 11:50 AM   #80
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,337 Times in 5,647 Posts
Quote:
That is because you choose to ride in the back of the cultural bus, like most straight white males now do out of fear.

There is more to life than leisure and recreation, you would never guess that though if you had a chat with most "men" these days.
Pop culture =/ culture
Old 06-30-2015, 11:54 AM   #81
Banned (ABWS)

Social justice has helped encourage people to behave like this, hoping to become the next internet famous loser getting a crowd-funded payday.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #82

i hope you appreciate the irony - that you're posting these videos which in turn furthers the reach of said video. if you're really against this behavior you should just ignore it completely instead of propagating it lol
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #83
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
here's a question...

it's obvious most people are explorers of uhh "limited culture".

you think society and all that society encompasses would be this "advanced" if most people werent? i mean, it is "they" who are perpetuating and feeding "culture" itself.

we lack explorers of reality, outside culture. but... we have always had a lack of those people throughout all of history.

do you think the average greek sat around with other joe greeks and talked about greek pop culture? LOL

and Aristotle was in his home bitching to his disciples about the stupid average greek?

lol
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #84
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Pop culture =/ culture

With the destruction of the family, traditions, the increasing digital nature of life, the lack of community created by online dating and like-validation, culture is no longer gained through your peers but rather measured in shares and memes.

You describe how you interact with your friends as almost a zoo or oasis of culture, while surrounded on all sides by an ocean of pop culture that you cannot help but notice.

People say "ignore it" but it will not go away. You can build up walls and close your eyes, but before you know it you will feel the cold trickle of that ocean under your feet whether you want to or not.

Speak up now before it is too late.

Albino Buck 11-Year-Old: Boy Gets Death Threats, Social Media Backlash After Killing Rare Albino Deer, Trophy Not Celebrated By Family Anymore? : Trending News : TravelersToday

Now if that same boy posted photos of himself in drag, he would be universally lauded as a hero and as a beautiful person instead of receiving death threats.

Perhaps quitting social media is the only way to truly be free?
Old 06-30-2015, 12:02 PM   #85
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
you should just ignore it completely instead of propagating it lol

What turned men into such fucking cowards?
Old 06-30-2015, 12:07 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
here's a question...

it's obvious most people are explorers of uhh "limited culture".

you think society and all that society encompasses would be this "advanced" if most people werent? i mean, it is "they" who are perpetuating and feeding "culture" itself.

we lack explorers of reality, outside culture. but... we have always had a lack of those people throughout all of history.

do you think the average greek sat around with other joe greeks and talked about greek pop culture? LOL

and Aristotle was in his home bitching to his disciples about the stupid average greek?

lol
what led you to this conclusion?

and culture, by definition is a completely nebulous term that can only defined by the individual

Quote:
What turned men into such fucking cowards?
if the person in the video desires attention, and you were against such behavior ergo the best action is to ignore it. the old cliche holds true that there's no such thing as bad publicity
Old 06-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #87
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

lol
Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own. - Aristotle

Aristotle would be fired from his job with a #DownWithAri hashtag if he said this today.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #88
I keep RS good

Quote:
what led you to this conclusion?

and culture, by definition is a completely nebulous term that can only defined by the individual
Quote:
i talk to more people than the average person does.
i have more "friends" than the average person does.
i generally, just interact with more people, from many backgrounds, than the average person does.

i can tell you. most people do not concern themselves with things outside of work. and if they do, it's mostly frivolous things to do with "social culture".

clubbing/parties
sports
pop culture
gossip

you bring up the topic of anything that requires intuitive thinking, and you'd be a party killer.

the coked up bros will stare at you with their glazed over eyes, and ask you what drugs you're on.

the ones that are more geeky, will be more open to technology and other related discussions. but there is still lack of intuitive thinking. it's like they're just regurgitating things they learnt or read somewhere.

the lack of creativity OUTSIDE pre constructed, passed down, patterns of thinking is lacking.

next time you're at a dinner party, fucking listen to the shit people say.
they're talking about their work. their lives. some boring shit, that everyone experiences everyday. what the score was at the game. did u see that viral video? they talk about their day, like people give a shit.

they bitch about their co workers. their boss. some frivolous bullshit.

it's like... yo. how about we talk about something intelligent. cuz really, no one gives a shit about what happened at work. no one gives a shit about the game, or any of those things.

or maybe... people do give a shit about those things, and they are the exact people we are talking about.

people always talk about their lives or other peoples lives.
you know how often i sit down and people talk about IDEAS?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2015, 01:41 PM   #89
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
the lack of creativity OUTSIDE pre constructed, passed down, patterns of thinking is lacking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:56 PM   #90
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
they're talking about their work. their lives. some boring shit, that everyone experiences everyday. what the score was at the game. did u see that viral video? they talk about their day, like people give a shit.

Big reason I find myself casting off friends left and right, have little patience for banal people; they're literally everywhere!

Oh, just now in front of my building, this crackhead was screaming and just moaning... I only left in the last moan.

Where is his social justice? NOT TRENDY ENOUGH!!!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2015, 02:26 PM   #91

Quote:
i talk to more people than the average person does.
i have more "friends" than the average person does.
i generally, just interact with more people, from many backgrounds, than the average person does.

i can tell you. most people do not concern themselves with things outside of work. and if they do, it's mostly frivolous things to do with "social culture".

clubbing/parties
sports
pop culture
gossip

you bring up the topic of anything that requires intuitive thinking, and you'd be a party killer.

the coked up bros will stare at you with their glazed over eyes, and ask you what drugs you're on.

the ones that are more geeky, will be more open to technology and other related discussions. but there is still lack of intuitive thinking. it's like they're just regurgitating things they learnt or read somewhere.

they bitch about their co workers. their boss. some frivolous bullshit.

it's like... yo. how about we talk about something intelligent. cuz really, no one gives a shit about what happened at work. no one gives a shit about the game, or any of those things.

or maybe... people do give a shit about those things, and they are the exact people we are talking about.

people always talk about their lives or other peoples lives.
you know how often i sit down and people talk about IDEAS?
sounds like you just need a new social circle. but it's also difficult to discuss complex topics within a large group as it usually devolves into shouting or needless bickering
Old 06-30-2015, 03:57 PM   #92
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
If people, in general, gave less fucks about others people's shit, all of these sites would have zero traffic. Focus on yourself and what you believe to be your righteous path and you won't feel like you need to squash all the shortcomings of today's society. Practice tolerance, patience, and don't let the downward spiral of society take it's toll on you. Everything is in the eye of the beholder(viewer). 10% action, 90% reaction.

Easier said than done but that's the ticket right there.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:53 AM   #93
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Practice tolerance, patience, and don't let the downward spiral of society take it's toll on you. Everything is in the eye of the beholder(viewer). 10% action, 90% reaction.

Easier said than done but that's the ticket right there.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/g...erygirl#/story

Girl Scouts of Western Washington fake 100k donation with the stipulation that none of the money goes to transgender girls.

Outrage ensues, 250k+ raised in 1 day.

Now if you have a penis, you can still join the girl scouts!

That's going to be some awfully strange shower / change room staring.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:34 AM   #94
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

lol i used to be very worried about you multi (like I view my own past), but am very impressed with the path you are starting to take(Im barley on here anymore so haven't seen to many of your posts). You should listen to some Sam Harris/Terrence Mckenna to begin fine tuning.

And wow Ulic that was pretty on point, glad to see there's other people that have awaken
classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #95
GS8

Thanked 7,278 Times in 1,968 Posts
What Ulic talks about reminds me of this time I was at the office and my co-workers started comparing 'Dad bods'.

After a few minutes, I interjected by asking what a 'Dad bod' is. I'm slow to these things because I actually don't give a fuck about buzz words or whatever.

Anyway, I was told what it was and I just shrugged and said 'that's a new label applied to NOTHING NEW'. We could call it a beer belly, prego man, etc. but I swear I've see this body shape in my decades of existence.

Then I was told the term was started by a woman

If a man coined the term 'Mom bod', you KNOW there'd be a backlash

----

There are people who walk a path that is safe, well lit, and know where it ends so they take it stride and with MANY MANY others alongside them to keep em company. They never question their trip or the distance, they just walk and talk about whatever is within that group.

Then there are those who create their own paths out of nothing but their own bare hands and feet. It's a challenge that comes with difficulties but rewards those who strive to move forward. Yeah they can feel isolated due to recognizing their individuality but they can also look back at the path created and feel proud and accomplished of their trek. All it takes is questioning. Questioning everything.

I'd imagine the group in the latter category ^ wouldn't care at all about some overly sexed up crossdressing teenager as they would about questioning whether life has existed / still exists on Enceladus, Europa or Kepler - 186F and if we are connected to said life?

---

I fall in the latter category. Can't tell you how many times I've become isolated at parties because I couldn't gauge anyone. I mean I see faces with bodies attached but I also see sheets of paper. Blank, 2-Dimensional canvasses that choose to remain blank.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #96
I keep RS good

Quote:
sounds like you just need a new social circle. but it's also difficult to discuss complex topics within a large group as it usually devolves into shouting or needless bickering
u mean evolve. once the shouting and bickering commences, the people that don't matter will quickly disappear. the ones that are left... that's when the real discussion begins. the people that don't matter... couldn't keep up, or couldn't handle it, or just didn't care.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #97
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
You guys are literally describing the reason sit-coms have always existed right?! I mean, take Married With Children in its hey-day for example... Everyone watched it and people who identified with Al Bundy said "Hey.. My job sucks giant dick and my wife is a bitch who sits on a couch all day nagging the shit out of me, never puts out, and my kids hate my guts too... I'm not alone!!!!" This show is a perfect example actually cuz they even started that No Ma'am club where they could hide in the garage and practice what's left of their masculinity in private.

The thing I never understand is why people who are NOT sharing that situation watch it, laugh, and then allow their life to follow the exact same fucking path to that foregone conclusion despite being shown exactly how much it sucks ass and, theoretically, through that example, how to avoid ending up like that. Many of whom allow their life to happen down this pre-determined path all the while saying "That's just how it is, why fight it?" to themselves. Drives me fucking nuts.

All the worlds a stage and the people merely players? Is that all this is?

*edit* I like how the guy in this thread who owns 2 Buick's is the one who makes the most sense! Lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2015, 07:02 PM   #98
GS8

Thanked 7,278 Times in 1,968 Posts
Well, I am old. It's a rich tapestry...

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2015, 07:28 PM   #99
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
SJW's are going full retard, meanwhile I'm just a regular type dude sitting here okay with not being allowed into the girl scouts.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #100
Banned (ABWS)

If you support authority, the rule of law and the VPD at all, you will fight against the insanity of fucking retard SJWs:

https://www.facebook.com/CCMagazineO...3437985063526/

Watch the entire 8 minutes.

The police show so much patience and respect for a crowd of baying zombies. The people screaming and hurling abuse at them look like dumb cunts and beta males empowered by sheer numbers.
This post thanked by: