REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-28-2015, 07:52 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
2016 Audi A4 - B9 model - Just released pics and info

Just released pics and info on the new redesigned 2016 A4, B9 model.

Should come to the Canadian shores late 2015 or early 2016.

Here are the official pics and article quote:

Quote:
GTspirit exclusively previewed the next generation 2016 Audi A4 and A4 Avant at a presentation in Germany. The A4 is Audi’s best seller with over 12 million units being sold in its 40 year history. As a result, it is pivotal that Audi builds each and every iteration to the highest possible standards to keep it ahead of the abundance of competition it faces. This, the 9th generation A4, is more technologically advanced than ever before and Audi have made vast improvements on a host of different aspects to set the new A4 ahead of the pack.

Aesthetically, the car does not necessarily feature revolutionary or game-changing evolution, instead the car looks a lot more muscular, lean and toned in comparison to its predecessors.

Despite the car physically growing a few millimetres here and there, resulting in slightly more room for your knees and head, Audi claim that they have made the car 120 kilograms lighter than the car it replaces. This, of course, is dependant on the chosen specification. This means that the A4 can weigh in at just 1320 kilograms, a very impressive figure of a car of such size and also a market leading figure.

At launch there will be three petrol and four diesel engines available to choose from all of which are turbocharged, the most powerful being a 3-litre V6 diesel producing 272 horsepower and 600 Nm of torque. These all-new engines are up to 25 percent more powerful and cleaner than the engines that they replace. All cars are available with either a 6 speed manual or 7 speed dual clutch S Tronic automatic the exception being the automatic transmission linked to the diesel V6 which is an 8 speed ZF dual clutch.

Aesthetically, the car is instantly recognisable to be an Audi with the trademark singleframe grill instantly catching the eye. It is now wider and lower than before and the same lines flow into the lights which are optionally available in LED and Matrix LED technology. Audi pioneered the mainstream implementation of LEDs and daytime running lights. They have yet again pushed the boundaries with they new Matrix cluster on the A4 and A4 Avant. At the rear there are also no traditional halogen bulbs as LEDs give a clean and sharp impression, particularly when combined with the dynamic turn indicators that feature both front and rear, a feature we first saw on the Audi R8.

The new lights taper off into a very attractive line that runs the length of the car before blending into the rear lights. Additionally two more pronounced and prominent lines flow over the bonnet up to the windshield. These are contributing factors that have helped Audi to achieve their targets of making the new A4 the leader in aerodynamics with the best drag coefficient in its class.

The two trims levels we had access to were the Design and S Line models. The S Line cars feature a slightly more aggressive lower front bumper and a selection of sportier wheel designs. In Design guise, the A4 looks a little more professional. There are differences in colour of the grills and additional chrome on the door handles of the Design Line cars.

Inside is where most significant evolution of the A4 have been made. When entering the cabin the minimalistic and relatively narrow dashboard promote a feeling of space. Nothing in the environment feels cumbersome or surplus to requirement. Our first impression was how similar the dash itself is to that of the Audi A8 as the air conditioning controls have been taken from the TT, as has the stunning Audi Virtual Cockpit and finally, the fantastic new steering wheel.

The materials feel premium, the seats are supportive and there a number of new ambient lighting features. The infotainment systems are enough to keep driver and passengers busy for hours. From the Apple CarPlay feature that integrates the iOS interface of your iPhone to the the screen in the car to the wireless mobile charger in the armrest that also boosts phone signal, Audi are pushing mobile phone integration to new levels. Another rather snazzy feature is the Bang & Olufsen speaker upgrade that features 3D Sound which uses nineteen speakers to produce an impressively immersive audio experience. An in car WiFi connection is also available. Furthermore, there is the option to order one or two Audi tablets that are mounted onto the rear of the front headrests. These Android powered tablets can provide journey and car information, the key feature being that they can be removed from the vehicle and can act as conventional tablets.

There are a number of other conveniences to make driving safer and easier than ever before in an Audi A4. There are the usual aids that we have come to expect in most cars these days. These include a head-up display, adaptive cruise control and parking assistance systems. In addition to these driver assistance systems, Audi have innovated systems such as the turning assist that will automatically stop the car if a collision is set to occur when turning and exit warning, a system that alerts the cars occupants when opening the doors if a car is approaching by flashing integrated door lighting red. Audi have also taken voice control to new heights, the system is very intuitive and easily understands complex demands. The drawback of having so many complex systems is that menus often lead to many other submenus which can often be a little confusing and distracting.

GTspirit recommend speccing the MMI Navigation Plus package so owners can make the most of the technology that is available on the A4 including the beautiful virtual cockpit and upgraded screen. Additionally we recommend the stunning Bang & Olufsen sound system and the full LED Matrix headlamps.

Order books are set to open later on in 2015 and we are sure that the car will prove to be very successful and will take charge of the current saloon and avant markets. Many thanks to Audi for inviting GTspirit to have an exclusive experience with the all new Audi A4 and A4 Avant!
First Impression: 2016 Audi A4

What are your first impressions on the new 2016 A4?
Advertisement
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
A3's been hitting the gym eh
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2015, 07:59 PM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Meh.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2015, 08:25 PM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
*double post*
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:26 PM   #5

looks good, nice interior

reminds me of the 2nd gen A8 for some reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Placid View Post
Old 06-28-2015, 09:57 PM   #6
I am on the internets

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand neither of those colours will be ordered by any dealer..
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:22 PM   #7
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

It really doesn't look any different than previous gen. The interior does look nice, but it's like a mix of mercedes and BMW. That Nav screen is very mercedes-esque, while the climate controls, air vents are BMW-like.
bomiheko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:24 PM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Looks like the floating multimedia display is the norm with a lot of the luxury cars now a days

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2015, 10:27 PM   #9
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

least the hvac controls dont look like a cluster fuck.. but that gear selector... what is that a a8?
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:53 PM   #10
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I like it. That interior looks miles better than any of its competitors imo

Now if only the 3.0TDI came here...272hp, 442tq and sport diff
amusegt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:59 PM   #11

the avant looks cool

Old 06-29-2015, 02:21 AM   #12
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Automakers talking about preventing distracted driving, proceeds to compete to see who can stick the most digital displays in a car interior.

I just want a simple, analogue speedo and tach. Is that really too much to ask for these days? You're not preventing distracted driving when cars now have bloody WiFi and complete phone integration.

I feel sorry for the next generation of kids or those that are under 5 years old right now because they're probably all going to grow up entirely relying on these technological gizmos that will render them useless without these things.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2015, 06:16 AM   #13

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
I like it... it's subtle without overly so.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:29 AM   #14
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,448 Times in 5,113 Posts
They should have just called it the A3L
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #15
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
i love it. That ac/heater vent stretching across the dash may take some time to get used to though
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2015, 07:58 AM   #16
I subscribe to Revscene

i like it a lot now. At first I wasn't crazy for this (like the A3) but it's definitely one of those design languages that allow you to pick up small details over time.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #17
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Isn't this a super long design cycle for th A4? B9 came out in 2009..
Old 07-02-2015, 09:17 PM   #18
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Typical Audi with the subtle design. Exterior looks safe, interior looks very pretty (especially compared to the Lexus Is). That being said seems like BMW's 3 series influenced the dash ever-so slightly. This will be a good upgrade for current Audi owners but not enough to sway others.

$0.02

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:31 AM   #19

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Looks bloody brilliant...Im a Mercedes fan boi but it would definitely be hard to choose a C class over this.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:22 AM   #20
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

audi is playing safe
iHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #21
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Audi and Jeep got it figured out, find a car majority find appealing and only make minor changes.

Every other automaker redesigns their cars completely every few years.
forcedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:53 PM   #22
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
Isn't this a super long design cycle for th A4? B9 came out in 2009..
The current gen is the B8 facelift or some might call it B8.5.

The B8 came out in late 2008.

The B8.5 came out as a 2013 model, which is just a facelift and not a complete redesign.

So, this new B9 model will sell as a late 2016 model or early 2017 model.

The design cycle is an 8 year cycle with mild refreshes in some years.

In the B8's case, a facelift occurred for the 2013 model.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my thoughts on the new B9:

The exterior is... okay.

And as other posters mentioned, Audi is playing it safe.

I like the new DRLEDs at the front more than the current B8.5 GEN.

The interior, on the other hand, is a whole different story (in a good way).

It LOOKS very functional yet elegantly designed at the same time.

I love the low-profile of the dashboard.

This creates more room or a "feeling" of more room inside (my own experience from the cars I currently own or owned before).

Also, there is more sq. inches of front windshield for more visibility.

I like that a lot.

From looking at the interior, there are many of elements being transferred from current models.

Luckily, Audi transferred only the GOOD interior elements, such as:

1- The door panel lock button area is similar to the current A6 ones.
2- The steering wheel controls are exactly the same or very similar.
3- The light controls on the driver left side are the same.
4- the cup holders, 12V, and sun glass holder is the same as the A3 one.
5- The 4-window and mirror buttons on the driver side are the same
6- The large control knob in front of the shifter is the same as on the A3, which is larger than the one found on the A4, A5, and A6, allowing the driver and passenger to hand-write on the top of the control knob (instead of a separate touch pad for hand-writing).

The new 12.3 TFT dashboard in front of the driver is a big question mark, unless I actually test drive one.

In my opinion, the interior is WUNDERBAR.

The exterior is conservative to lure in the mass market customers, but the front end looks better than the current B8.5 to make the B9 more appealing than the B8.5.

The B9 S4, on the other hand, will definitely feature a more aggressive front lip, lowered stance, and a new front grille.

And, bring on the new B9 RS4!!!! The North American market is definitely ready for it!

Oh, and yes, Audi will probably sell boatloads (literally, since they are shipped from Bremerhaven, Deutschland) of the 2016 B9 A4 (made in Ingolstadt for the North American market).

Audi has to, because the A4 is the cash cow for Audi, and the A4 will determine if and when it will surpass BMW for worldwide luxury car sales.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #23
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
thats cool and all but when can i get a 42" tv on my dash? these 13" tvs are too small
Old 07-03-2015, 10:21 PM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Audi is garbage that, once the warranty is up, bend over and grab your ankles if anything goes wrong
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2015, 10:27 PM   #25
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Automakers talking about preventing distracted driving, proceeds to compete to see who can stick the most digital displays in a car interior.

We live in a retarded and ass-backwards society

Not to mention how nearly everything has nearly 300 horsepower

How many old chinese women do I see driving new M5's? So lame
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: