REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   WITNESS NEEDED for accident on Kingsway near Knight Street on July 3, 2015 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704207-witness-needed-accident-kingsway-near-knight-street-july-3-2015-a.html)

brabussmrt 07-04-2015 10:46 AM

WITNESS NEEDED for accident on Kingsway near Knight Street on July 3, 2015

Hi all,

I (silver smart car) was rear-ended by a dark blue/black pick-up truck who left the scene...

The accident happened at around 4:20 p.m. heading westbound on Kingsway right before Knight Street near the CIBC...

I was wondering if anyone that happened to drive by that area saw the accident and/or would remember the license plate of the pick-up or even has a dash cam? I reported to ICBC and they are charging me my deductible because its a hit and run!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

murd0c 07-04-2015 11:12 AM

no imprints of the license plate in your rear bumper?

radioman 07-04-2015 12:20 PM

Check to see if CIBC had a camera facing the street

BrownBear 07-04-2015 03:30 PM

WITNESS NEEDED for accident on Kingsway near Knight Street on July 3, 2015

He probably had to rush home to go blaze.

a00755836 07-04-2015 03:36 PM

dang. thats a hard one...especially locating the license plate. maybe put up signs as soon as possible at that location to contact you.

i also hope someone reported to ICBC within this week so they can match your claim.

winson604 07-04-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a00755836 (Post 8656109)
dang. thats a hard one...especially locating the license plate. maybe put up signs as soon as possible at that location to contact you.

i also hope someone reported to ICBC within this week so they can match your claim.

Ahh hit and runs, so hard to catch. My wife got hit and run by VGH recently and a shit load of witnesses saw it. Only 1 person was nice enough to leave a note on her car with their contact info. However, the witness despite running after the truck was unable to locate a plate number only being able to give a description of the truck and that it had a VGH logo.

We ended up calling the guy in charge of the fleet at VGH and he did a check on their vehicles and found no marks. He was cooperating very nicely and even called ICBC on his own. ICBC sent a guy down to check their trucks and found nothing so we still got stuck with the $300 out of our own pocket.

Euro7r 07-04-2015 09:11 PM

Man, reading these hit and runs just annoys me. Feel bad for those that gotta fork out $300 for no reason. Irresponsible people these days. I never drive my car without my dash cam now, because there's so many people, cars and cyclists. A safety precaution in-case someone tries to screw me over.

brabussmrt 07-04-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8656056)
no imprints of the license plate in your rear bumper?

there are paint marks...but I can't put together what it says except the 2 alphabets in the front... none of the numbers show very much except a 5. I guess I'll just have to pay the deductible cause chances are the that beat up old pick-up truck isn't gonna bother having his car repaired anyways...

brabussmrt 07-04-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 8656158)
Ahh hit and runs, so hard to catch. My wife got hit and run by VGH recently and a shit load of witnesses saw it. Only 1 person was nice enough to leave a note on her car with their contact info. However, the witness despite running after the truck was unable to locate a plate number only being able to give a description of the truck and that it had a VGH logo.

We ended up calling the guy in charge of the fleet at VGH and he did a check on their vehicles and found no marks. He was cooperating very nicely and even called ICBC on his own. ICBC sent a guy down to check their trucks and found nothing so we still got stuck with the $300 out of our own pocket.

Will the police actually go through so much to help me track down this guy? When the witness called 911 for me, they said they aren't gonna come to the scene but didn't say anything about chasing down the guy that fled...they kinda just asked me for a description of the guy but honestly, I remember nothing at all!

brabussmrt 07-04-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioman (Post 8656072)
Check to see if CIBC had a camera facing the street

Not sure if CIBC will be willing to release these video footages...