REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   But now or buy in winter time? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704271-but-now-buy-winter-time.html)

evlee 07-08-2015 12:53 PM

But now or buy in winter time?

Hey guys looking into getting a second bike for commuting, fz07. I have never purchase new before and was wondering if it makes a difference buying peak season or off season? Tia!

Mike.L 07-08-2015 02:46 PM

Off season ofcourse, this should be something you live buy. It's like trying to buy a barbeque in the summer as opposed to the winter, even walmart charges you an arm an a leg.

Best time is usaully December for bikes and cars.

Dragon-88 07-09-2015 12:08 PM

I buy usually in Nov/Dec, when people are money hungry cause they need to buy presents.

sleepywheel 07-09-2015 06:44 PM

Best to buy in the off season. I bought my FZ1 in September after watching and talking to a guy who had been trying to sell it all summer. Got a great deal but then I ran into the jerk at the London Drugs insurance counter at Brentwood Mall. He couldn't believe the price I paid and kept on telling me to "write down your excuse for getting it so cheap". He then proceeds to mark down that it was undervalued and starts with trying to get me to admit I actually paid more. All ICBC has to do is check and see what the seller had paid for the bike. I paid $200 more than what he paid for it in the US and he rode it for a year.

quasi 07-10-2015 05:33 AM

I bought my FZ-09 in January and the store was dead, got a pretty good deal on it.

604STIG 07-10-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evlee (Post 8657611)
Hey guys looking into getting a second bike for commuting, fz07. I have never purchase new before and was wondering if it makes a difference buying peak season or off season? Tia!

Considering your looking at purchasing a new bike, then the best time would be whenever the next model year hits the showroom floor and dealers are looking to blow out the previous model year. If the new version isn't out then it won't really matter if it's winter vs summer when looking at new. It's all about the release dates.

evlee 07-10-2015 10:46 AM

Thanks for the reply guys, it's pretty obvious I guess but am I going to see hundreds off?

Dragon-88 07-10-2015 11:14 AM

Be serious and do your shopping have cash or whatever in hand.

You obviously need to have the money to buy or else the deals wont be as great.

For example, when shopping for the Grom. I went to 3 locations. All three were retailing the price @ $2999+fees and taxes. I was quoted $3900 OTD from Holeshit. I had cash in hand. I didnt agree with the price and they wouldn't budge. They knew I wanted the bike but were playing the hard card. I walked away. Went over to Honda Center said I had cash in hand and said Holeshit is offering $3900 can they do better, I have cash in hand. Right away the sale guy gave me a quote and waived the PDI, in the end I walked out the same day with the bike @ $3550 cash.

If you're looking at a Honda, go to Honda Center in BBY they will waive PDI for sure..

Jas29 07-10-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepywheel (Post 8658078)
Best to buy in the off season. I bought my FZ1 in September after watching and talking to a guy who had been trying to sell it all summer. Got a great deal but then I ran into the jerk at the London Drugs insurance counter at Brentwood Mall. He couldn't believe the price I paid and kept on telling me to "write down your excuse for getting it so cheap". He then proceeds to mark down that it was undervalued and starts with trying to get me to admit I actually paid more. All ICBC has to do is check and see what the seller had paid for the bike. I paid $200 more than what he paid for it in the US and he rode it for a year.

Lol I had the same problem when I went to insure my bike according to the lady there was no way somebody would sell a bike for that cheap. I even had a receipt from the bank showing the cash I took out and she still wouldn't believe me...

Also buy in the off season you should save enough to make it worthwhile