REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 07-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #1
I don't get it

But now or buy in winter time?

Hey guys looking into getting a second bike for commuting, fz07. I have never purchase new before and was wondering if it makes a difference buying peak season or off season? Tia!
Advertisement
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:46 PM   #2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Off season ofcourse, this should be something you live buy. It's like trying to buy a barbeque in the summer as opposed to the winter, even walmart charges you an arm an a leg.

Best time is usaully December for bikes and cars.
Mike.L is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
I buy usually in Nov/Dec, when people are money hungry cause they need to buy presents.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2015, 06:44 PM   #4
I don't get it

Best to buy in the off season. I bought my FZ1 in September after watching and talking to a guy who had been trying to sell it all summer. Got a great deal but then I ran into the jerk at the London Drugs insurance counter at Brentwood Mall. He couldn't believe the price I paid and kept on telling me to "write down your excuse for getting it so cheap". He then proceeds to mark down that it was undervalued and starts with trying to get me to admit I actually paid more. All ICBC has to do is check and see what the seller had paid for the bike. I paid $200 more than what he paid for it in the US and he rode it for a year.
sleepywheel is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 05:33 AM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I bought my FZ-09 in January and the store was dead, got a pretty good deal on it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 09:46 AM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlee View Post
Hey guys looking into getting a second bike for commuting, fz07. I have never purchase new before and was wondering if it makes a difference buying peak season or off season? Tia!
Considering your looking at purchasing a new bike, then the best time would be whenever the next model year hits the showroom floor and dealers are looking to blow out the previous model year. If the new version isn't out then it won't really matter if it's winter vs summer when looking at new. It's all about the release dates.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #7
I don't get it

Thanks for the reply guys, it's pretty obvious I guess but am I going to see hundreds off?
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:14 AM   #8
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Be serious and do your shopping have cash or whatever in hand.

You obviously need to have the money to buy or else the deals wont be as great.

For example, when shopping for the Grom. I went to 3 locations. All three were retailing the price @ $2999+fees and taxes. I was quoted $3900 OTD from Holeshit. I had cash in hand. I didnt agree with the price and they wouldn't budge. They knew I wanted the bike but were playing the hard card. I walked away. Went over to Honda Center said I had cash in hand and said Holeshit is offering $3900 can they do better, I have cash in hand. Right away the sale guy gave me a quote and waived the PDI, in the end I walked out the same day with the bike @ $3550 cash.

If you're looking at a Honda, go to Honda Center in BBY they will waive PDI for sure..

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 10:47 PM   #9
2 Wheelin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepywheel View Post
Best to buy in the off season. I bought my FZ1 in September after watching and talking to a guy who had been trying to sell it all summer. Got a great deal but then I ran into the jerk at the London Drugs insurance counter at Brentwood Mall. He couldn't believe the price I paid and kept on telling me to "write down your excuse for getting it so cheap". He then proceeds to mark down that it was undervalued and starts with trying to get me to admit I actually paid more. All ICBC has to do is check and see what the seller had paid for the bike. I paid $200 more than what he paid for it in the US and he rode it for a year.
Lol I had the same problem when I went to insure my bike according to the lady there was no way somebody would sell a bike for that cheap. I even had a receipt from the bank showing the cash I took out and she still wouldn't believe me...

Also buy in the off season you should save enough to make it worthwhile
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote