REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:00 AM   #26
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Despite what feminists will tell you, sexual dimorphism exists. In the case of the human species, the male gender on average has a greater muscle mass, strenght, endurance, etc. To say a female has the attributes of a man is in the context of a physcial activity like tennis, is a compliment to her genetics, dedication, and training. Why can't we call a spade as spade anymore?
Because, as shown in the pictures, you're an idiot if you think she "looks like a man". Does she have lean muscular arms? Yup. What else about her "looks like a man?"

Nothing. So if you say dumb shit, you get called an idiot. And that's what happened... A famous person did it, so it gets retweeted and posted by entertainment press that covers social media.

There is literally nothing more to this, except when jealous alpha-wannabes try to make a bigger deal of it.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2015, 01:25 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Almost Everyone in pro sports dopes. There are constantly evolving ways to get around it, and it's a constant battle between the testers and the athletes. Some leagues are better at catching people, so it's less prevalent.

Serena Williams is just a big girl. You don't just take steroids and get big arms like she has.
which feeds into the argument whereby everyone should be on a level playing field - everyone takes whatever substance they want

of course, we can never do this as the health detriment is significant, but it's an interesting thought.

i certainly don't want someone winning due to an unfair non-natural / non-hard work advantage
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2015, 01:47 AM   #28
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Well, with this getting so much exposure, we might see some controversial articles come to light
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:23 AM   #29
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
HAHAHA...

the irony...

her husband looks like such a fucking wimp of a man. How could she even put her husband in the spotlight like that with such disregard to HOW THINGS ACTUALLY ARE LOL. Just fuckin LOOK with her eyes lol.

She's gotta cast abraca-pullherheadouttaherass, she's in too deep with her kiddy wizard stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling)
@diegtristan8 "she is built like a man". Yeah, my husband looks just like this in a dress. You're an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
J.K. Rowling's beta male husband:
Sorry, but the gender, in gender roles exists for a reason.

so when will they allow transexuals that identify themselves as women to compete in these things? LOL.

It feels like if this over the top extreme libertarianism continues... we're eventually going to head into some age of cross dressing transsexual, mad max, anarchist, circus like, delusional individualistic pride parade.

living in vancouver i feel like we're almost half way there.

parades of delusions, praised by the vanity of individualistic pride. insanity collaborating with insanity.

"cirque du delusion"
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:34 AM   #30
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
to get attention and start controversy, you just have to poke at a topic where the social justice warriors and white knights will swarm outta their hives in swarms... in desperation to adhere to and uphold western libertarian ideologies, which have been force fed to them since they were young.

everyone is fucking special, no one can be labelled anything. definitions and meanings suddenly don't have any value when examining a human subject. as if they were some kinda fucking god outside of normal perceptions and judgements. that they can define their own self, as if their thoughts were divine objective reasoning outside of other human observation and thought.

yes, like skinnypupp said, you can't avoid the consequence of saying something stupid. But furthermore, you cannot avoid the consequence of physical appearance by a magnitude of 10,000 fold. Looking a certain way, has a higher consequence than speaking any word.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 07-12-2015 at 03:53 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:09 AM   #31
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Little boys, insecure little boys, scared of big girls................ that about sums it up.

Not many dudes man enough to be with her.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 07-12-2015 at 08:19 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-12-2015, 08:45 AM   #32
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

she doesn't look like a man.

she's just not attractive. just because she wears a tight dress to show off that rapper booty doesn't mean she's hot.

if you're into muscular girls, go for it. i'm not, most guys aren't and that's just the way it is. just like how we're all wired to go after younger women.

who the fuck is anyone kidding? serena williams isn't on anyones top 5 list of celebs i'd like to fuck. i'm sure i'm racist but she isn't some black sexual icon. she isn't halle berry.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:49 AM   #33
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
This stuff is getting so out of hand.

My sister sent me a screen cap from her mommy group on Facebook of a lady who was posting for support because she was sobbing at home due to the fact an employee at a community centre called her 5 month old baby chubby (ie: "Look at that chubby little baby!") and she couldn't believe he was already being body shamed at 5 months old. True story.

Even worse? At least 40 irate mothers in the group were asking for the community centre employee's name and which centre so they could petition to have the girl fired for saying that.

Crazy... people are just cray everywhere you look nowadays.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:43 PM   #34
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
roger federer checking in

Old 07-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #35
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

My sister sent me a screen cap from her mommy group on Facebook of a lady who was posting for support because she was sobbing at home due to the fact an employee at a community centre called her 5 month old baby chubby (ie: "Look at that chubby little baby!") and she couldn't believe he was already being body shamed at 5 months old. True story.

Even worse? At least 40 irate mothers in the group were asking for the community centre employee's name and which centre so they could petition to have the girl fired for saying that.

Pics of the baby.

If the baby is chubby, then there's nothing wrong with what the employee said. There's nothing wrong with having baby fat. What health choices does a baby have? If the family has a obese favoured lifestyle, then isn't the family responsible?
Old 07-12-2015, 12:59 PM   #36
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Something stupid?

She is built like a man.

J.K. Rowling's beta male husband:

Skinny, where is a photo of you? I bet you're just as much of a pinner nerd as he is.
This guy could be replaced with Bill Gates. Maybe he doesn't give any fucks on how he looks. And he's married to fucking JK rowling.

I'm not taking sides, but bringing personal shit into this is pretty low.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #37
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
she doesn't look like a man.

Yeah, she's just BUILT like one.

Shit, her arms look bigger than Rocky's!!!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

Breastfeeding mom asked to leave Ontario restaurant, she claims - Trending - CBC News

Boom, yet another business attacked online by irate women...
Old 07-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #39
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Because, as shown in the pictures, you're an idiot if you think she "looks like a man". Does she have lean muscular arms? Yup. What else about her "looks like a man?"

Nothing. So if you say dumb shit, you get called an idiot. And that's what happened... A famous person did it, so it gets retweeted and posted by entertainment press that covers social media.

There is literally nothing more to this, except when jealous alpha-wannabes try to make a bigger deal of it.
Often people on either side of an arguement can cherry-pick images to suit their argument. A picture is just capturing a moment in time. It doesn't give you much more beyond that. You could do a photoshoot with the most beautiful person on the planet with the intention to show that beauty, but it can go all wrong if mess up timing, angles, distance, lighting, etc. There's a reason why people, especially those who consider themselves photographers, will take more than one photo before they get it right.

Furthermore, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What you percieve as beautiful or feminine or attractive, someone else might perceive as the opposite. Its up to you if you wish to beleive someone's words expressing perceptions different from your own as stupid or dumb, but I prefer to reserve those terms for people who hold an opinion in opposition to undeniable fact.

The issue is with the way society is going, we are having to self censor for fear someone might take something out of context or take offense. The repercussions have gone far beyond the initial actions or words. Even on RS we have to sensor ourselves to an extent because of the threat that advertisers might take away sponsorship dollars, or having the site shut down. The government may protect our free speech (for the most part), but private businesses get to censor you through capitalism. PC culture is another threat to free speech and social media has made it an even bigger threat.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:22 PM   #40
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
It's funny that people are all, omg! So easy to make comments anonymously on the internet tough guy!

Then dummies with all their information completely visible go make comments, which probably shouldn't be an issue but people want to go into hero mode and roast someone and it turns into shit like this. As far as I'm concerned you're insane if you have any personal info or even your real name on social media. On things like Instagram you can't even make a comment which is true/critical without people personally attacking you and going through your pictures making comments etc.

The less info out there on you the better, especially if you have a unique name. And it's not even so much because you are going to do/say somthing that is wrong, more about people taking somthing the wrong way
Old 07-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #41
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Pics of the baby.

If the baby is chubby, then there's nothing wrong with what the employee said. There's nothing wrong with having baby fat. What health choices does a baby have? If the family has a obese favoured lifestyle, then isn't the family responsible?

Newsflash -- all babies are chubby Michelin men at 5 months
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2015, 03:54 PM   #42
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:

My sister sent me a screen cap from her mommy group....
Yeah, I stopped reading there. Not saying they're all the same, but I've lurked some of these 'mommy groups' and I swear they are just a hive of socially challenged basket cases. They think that by being online, they can save the world, one keystroke at a time.

These people also seem to have the mental mindset that they are above everyone else because they have a child. Newsflash, cunt, there are many people who have children and don't fall off the hormone highway.

Looks like we've gone from old grumpy men sitting on shopping mall couches to young angry women complaining through their computer. The irony is the self-entitlement with the latter group who is raising the NEXT GENERATION of people who will inherit the Earth.

Just send me to fucking Mercury....
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #43
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
I'm not taking sides, but bringing personal shit into this is pretty low.

Why? Your personal appearance reflects a LOT about you!
Old 07-12-2015, 04:00 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

One good example is, whenever Donald Trump is mentioned, instead of talking about his views on immigration or the middle east, people simply say "Oh but that comb-over!"

In our image-based society, looks are nearly everything.

One of the only reasons I have fucked hundreds of women in Vancouver is because I'm 6'3 and have a little muscle on me. If I were 5'3 and skinny, I would be absolutely invisible to the hotties of this city.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #45
Performance Moderator

Quote:
One good example is, whenever Donald Trump is mentioned, instead of talking about his views on immigration or the middle east, people simply say "Oh but that comb-over!"

One of the only reasons I have fucked hundreds of women in Vancouver is because I'm 6'3 and have a little muscle on me. If I were 5'3 and skinny, I would be absolutely invisible to the hotties of this city.

I had the experience of going from overweight at 210lbs and 6' tall to being 170lbs with muscle and meeting by chance a couple of the exact same girls who never gave me the time of day before having them approach me suddenly a year later not realizing it was me and delightfully being able to tell them to go fuck themselves.

Interesting how every single girl pulls the holier than thou "superficial" card on guys but stuff like this happens or they always say the thing they value most in a guy is his "sense of humour" whenever they get an official survey in their face. BS. At least dudes are honest.

Anyone who has ever witnessed puck bunnies at work, the shit girls comment on the pictures of not even famous guys who are good looking and followed a lot, Japanese girls break down crying seeing Prince Charming at Disneyland or watched a bunch of women come out of a showing of Magic Mike knows what's up lol.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:27 PM   #46
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
I had the experience of going from overweight at 210lbs and 6' tall to being 170lbs with muscle and meeting by chance a couple of the exact same girls who never gave me the time of day before having them approach me suddenly a year later not realizing it was me and delightfully being able to tell them to go fuck themselves and what happened to every single girl saying her biggest value in a guy is his "sense of humour" whenever they get an official survey in their face. BS.
Women giggle at everything attractive men say.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:17 PM   #47
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
She's man-ish in the same way a skinny small boned boy is girl-ish.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:30 PM   #48
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Why? Your personal appearance reflects a LOT about you!
I suppose. But there are outliers.

Like the guy with tats but hella cool, or the guy that looks like an average dude, but connected and balling.

What women find attractive, that's a different story.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:34 PM   #49
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Newsflash -- all babies are chubby Michelin men at 5 months
Few years ago, I didn't even know that all babies were born with blue eyes. It's news to me. All babies are Michelin men, then I don't see what the problem is with the employees' comment. Moms got some crazy maternal protection mentality.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:49 PM   #50
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:

He's getting a lot of shit recently about his comments about immigrants. To the point where people aren't doing business with him.

Only squabbling bitches discuss how a person would look over what someone does. As per that puck bunnie comment that 68style posted about.

On the other hand, I agree looks do matter. No one is going to take anyone seriously dressed like a hobo.

Last edited by DragonChi; 07-13-2015 at 12:13 AM.
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote