REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 07-13-2015, 03:21 PM   #1
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
China Visa 2015

Has anyone applied for a visa to China recently?

The last time I went in 2011, the cost was around $50 for a single entry 30 day visa. Now I check the visa office's website and find this pricing guide:

http://www.visaforchina.org/YVR_EN/yyxz/266546.shtml

It's now $142!

BUT it looks like that's the cost of ALL visas regardless of entries and validity. It also looks like there's a multi-entry visa now that will last the life of your passport.

Can anyone clarify?
Advertisement

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2015, 07:50 AM   #2
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Chinese Visa are now 10 years long or depending when your Passport expire.

Apply for mine around April and now my Visa is good till like 2023 or something like that. In the long run you do save money since your Visa last so long you don't have to keep applying everytime.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:37 AM   #3
linguistic ninja

Really? Failed for asking for clarification and first-hand experience?

Thanks Mr. HappySlip,
I also see now they require proof of hotel stay and exit-entry requirements. Did you have to show them your booked air tickets and hotels now?

I'm asking because I never had to do this before.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Really? Failed for asking for clarification and first-hand experience?

Thanks Mr. HappySlip,
I also see now they require proof of hotel stay and exit-entry requirements. Did you have to show them your booked air tickets and hotels now?

I'm asking because I never had to do this before.
I apply mine about 30days before I left for my trips. Don't think they need much prof coz I just give them a list of the hotels I will be staying at, date and time, hotel contact info on a piece of paper.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:07 AM   #5
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I apply mine about 30days before I left for my trips. Don't think they need much prof coz I just give them a list of the hotels I will be staying at, date and time, hotel contact info on a piece of paper.
Thanks, did they ask for your plane tickets?

Old 07-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #6

^^ is a lot easier than you think. I did it at a travel agency I think is like $20 or something is worth it IMO. If you want to do it your own you have to go the china embassy yourself and wait in line. and yes they did ask for a copy of my flight ticket.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:36 AM   #7
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
yeah dude, i go to a chinese place that does it for me for 20 bux.

i just provide them address ill stay at and all that (you can make it up, just write some hotel you "might" be staying at).

they do all the lining up and getting your visa for you. i think it costs me like 80 bux for a single entry? plus 20 for the agency that does it for u.

do it 2 weeks in advance at least unless u wanna pay like another 50-80 bux or whatever for rush.

for proof of plane ticket... i printed out an itinerary. but it wasn't even committed yet (like i could change the dates or cancel etc). they just wanna see something.

although the pic u posted of the fees... it could be some super recent update... the last time i got my visa was in aug 2014, for a trip in sept 2014... they might of jacked the prices up... lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:27 AM   #8
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
although the pic u posted of the fees... it could be some super recent update... the last time i got my visa was in aug 2014, for a trip in sept 2014... they might of jacked the prices up... lol.
Not super recent been around half a year now. Same price regardless of how many entries you're granted for.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:10 AM   #9

they haven't update their website or their forms yet so it still have the options of 1 time entry etc etc but fact is they treat all visa the same now 10 years max.

China wants their tourism to grow and what better way to give you unlimited entry in 10 years. But you have to admit their food is pretty cheap compare to Vancouver and quality isn't too bad either. Girls on the other hand.........