REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #1
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,289 Times in 2,507 Posts
VPD Operation Wheelchair Decoy

It isn't very often when I openly praise the police, but this is going to be one of the few times when I do. It is a very smart PR move to make the results of this operation public, and the VPD Community & Public Affairs Section has definitely scored some brownie points.

But the biggest kudos belongs to the fine folks of DTES. I tip my hat off to these fine, compassionate folks who go out of their way to look after those in their community.
Advertisement
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:42 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I watch the TV show "The Beat" and they did something like this before. They had a professional make up artist make one of the staff sergeants look like a old homeless guy to try to get the people who are robbing people down there.

If I were a cop, I can't imagine myself working the DTES beat. Nothing but respect for the officers who work that beat.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
^I remember i met one of the guys who routinely appeared on The Beat. He has a blog too but I don't think he updates it anymore.

Anyways, I told him I really enjoyed the show and asked if there would be more episodes. He said that some higher-ups didn't necessarily agree with it and I think that's what ultimately caused it's end.

This was about 3 years ago.

Eastside Stories: Diary of a Vancouver Beat Cop