REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:57 PM   #76
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
fuck marriage. waste of money. tons of headache.

just become common in law partners. same shit.
Not the same. A wedding is not about bringing 2 people together but bringing 2 family's together.
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2015, 12:59 AM   #77
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Friend works in a lawyer office most case they deal with is immigration follow by divorce. She is pretty serious how some girls fuck other their exhusband so it is best to protect yourself.
Those bitches don't think or the guys were too dumb.

Unless you are able to actually afford top lawyers, which in that case bitch/hubby is worth shitload of money, it doesn't make much sense to get a family lawyer on contingency as lawyer would likely take a lot from winning the case for you. And the guys were too dumb to not actually hire an even better lawyer to fuck the bitches over. 95% of the time, it's better to just come to an agreement between the two.

Since I see there are many ppl who are scared to death for not getting a prenup, let me just say this: if you are really scared, don't even bother with prenup, go to a good accountant+lawyer and setup a proper structure for your assets (telling them that you do plan to get married some time down the road but would like to protect your assets against the worst case scenario), they should structure your assets (assuming you have enough to worth the trouble) in a way that is not only better in tax efficiency, but also protect you in the event of a marriage.

Because from what I'm seeing, many points from the pro-prenup guys in here are saying would actually/likely be illegal to include them in the prenup.

For example, you cannot waive alimony in your prenup. No ifs or buts... it could ultimately nullify your entire prenup, so don't do it and that also include provisioning anything against the law (the law of asset splitting is 50-50, by stating anything less, it's illegal)

So, don't hear the word prenup and get all too excited... way too often, people who say they want a prenup either don't need one or have no idea what a prenup really is.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:52 AM   #78
I STILL don't get it

I'm a big fan of marriage, and if we lived in a perfect world, I would think that a prenup was disgusting.
But we don't live in a perfect world.
What I think a lot of guys here don't seem to understand is that it's all fine and good that WE believe in the sanctity of marriage; in working through everything good or bad with our significant other.
However, that's us. You can spend your entire life with someone and never truly know their intentions. I'm not saying that the world is full of snakes, but they're out there. The risk that you may end up with someone who's intentions are not true are real.
Even if you think you've done the math and in the event of a divorce things will be split such that you won't be too hurt; is that really a risk worth taking? Things can get ugly real fast.
It seems like a lot of people need some life lessons in how ugly things can become in a flash, and just how awful some humans can be.

I'll admit to being a pessimist, but imo it's silly not to acknowledge the evil that people in this day and age are capable of.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #79
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
For example, you cannot waive alimony in your prenup. No ifs or buts... it could ultimately nullify your entire prenup, so don't do it and that also include provisioning anything against the law (the law of asset splitting is 50-50, by stating anything less, it's illegal)
This isn't correct. Your marriage agreement can generally be whatever the hell you want it to be. It can be varied if it is found to be patently unfair... but by no means is a 50/50 split compulsory.

Source - I am a lawyer... but quoting shit I learned years ago in an area in which I don't even practice. Haha.
Majestic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:38 AM   #80
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
I'll admit to being a pessimist, but imo it's silly not to acknowledge the evil that people in this day and age are capable of.
it's not evil, it's just doing what people do. and not "in this day and age"... it should be "in... forever as long as humans have existed"

humans haven't changed. only the environment and technology. the wielder of those things is the same.

the only reason we have more divorce now is because it's less shameful. otherwise more people would just put up a facade of a happy marriage.

it's just become another "level" of achievement. u know like elementary school, then highschool, then university, then a real job, then marriage.

once it's achieved, you can throw it out the window, cuz you achieved it. like a thing in medal of honor or something. a rank.

seems like getting divorced is a new achievement too. hell, you haven't lived life till you've been divorced at least 3 times right?
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote