REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #101
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
notchy shifter when cold.

boooo
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2015, 04:09 PM   #102
Need to Seek Professional Help

Fuel Economy
250km 65L fill......
Suprarz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:36 PM   #103
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,496 Times in 555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
'14 Civic Si
Stock audio system sucks and that it has reflector headlights, can't see shit on a dark road.
I have the exact same problems. I'll probably upgrade the headunit and buy some sylvania silverstars.

Fuel economy: not great but not bad. (28/36 MPG) and I get around 400 km a tank. The tank is kind of small, only 13 gallons.

engine is alright but needs to be revved out. Thankfully it's dohc. Around 5-6k RPM the entire cabin starts buzzing.

Shitty low rolling resistance tires - no grip in the wet.

Outdated 4-speed slushmatic - could really use a fifth gear
fun fact: Toyota still uses it in the '15 base corolla

open diff - left wheel does nothing while the right spins endlessly

horn - super wimpy. Had to install an aftermarket air horn.

windy windows - great for weight reduction, bad for everything else

cup holders in the rear are flimsy
Spoiler!

no fking aux jack and no cassette player
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:02 PM   #104
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
notchy shifter when cold.

boooo
Same here, she drives completely different cold vs warmed up.
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:48 PM   #105
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetazeta View Post
Same here, she drives completely different cold vs warmed up.
What kind of transmission fluids are you using? and what does the manufacturer recommend?

With certain transmission, even though the manufacturer allows for GL4/GL5 fluids, and certain MT fluids call themselves GL4/GL5 compatible, they may not work particularly well in the transmission. Switching to a pure GL4 fluid might alleviate a lot of the symptoms and difficulties with shifting.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:37 AM   #106
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Not the biggest gripe, but the rear seats in the IS300 can't fold down.

WTF
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 08:46 AM   #107
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
What kind of transmission fluids are you using? and what does the manufacturer recommend?

With certain transmission, even though the manufacturer allows for GL4/GL5 fluids, and certain MT fluids call themselves GL4/GL5 compatible, they may not work particularly well in the transmission. Switching to a pure GL4 fluid might alleviate a lot of the symptoms and difficulties with shifting.
using oem honda fluid right now. got one to recommend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:06 AM   #108

Quote:
On the different cars I've had, I've had good results with Motorcraft (ie. Ford) synthetic manual transmission fluid (XT-M5-QS), various grades/viscosities of Redline gear fluids (MT90, MTL, 75W80, etc.) These are all GL4 fluids that do not have EP / friction modifier additives. But for a Honda, I am hesitant to recommend something other than OEM Honda fluids. So you might get better results with someone who is more familiar with them.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #109
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

the heat coming from the transmission tunnel / engine bay is almost unbearable at times.

old car problems. got leaks galore
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #110
I don't get it

Quote:
i just changed the fluid to motorcraft xt-m5-qs 75w90 on my speed3. It's around $24 a quart at ford dealership right now. lots of mazda vehicles like miatas, rx8, and speed3 use that this fluid a lot. you could try that...or i also tried redline and i thought it was pretty great.
a00755836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:48 PM   #111
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

My biggest gripe with my car 90% of the year is, I crash and I die (25 year old civic) #YOLO

In the summer though, it's lack of power windows (wankin' my winder up and down)

#oldcarproblems

If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if you strapped burnt toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
boibuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:58 PM   #112
J89
RS controls my life!

G35 thinks it's having all you can eat OIL.
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:09 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by a00755836 View Post
i just changed the fluid to motorcraft xt-m5-qs 75w90 on my speed3. It's around $24 a quart at ford dealership right now. lots of mazda vehicles like miatas, rx8, and speed3 use that this fluid a lot. you could try that...or i also tried redline and i thought it was pretty great.
$24 only?! Which dealership did you get that from? Earlier in the year when I called a couple of places, one wanted something in the high $20's, and one wanted $32 for a bottle.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #114
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Not everyone has one.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:14 PM   #115
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
I have the exact same problems. I'll probably upgrade the headunit and buy some sylvania silverstars.
Do yourself a favour and don't buy tinted halogen headlights. As much as the light manufacturers want consumers to believe that blue-tinted halogen headlights are brighter because they are "whiter" and the filament burns hotter (which in some cases they do), the actual lumens produced is dimmer than say, a regular non-tinted totally clear bulb halogen bulb. It's simple physics, tint filters out light and the blue tint simply makes the light more visible to the human eye, while dropping the lumens.

Trust me, I've tried 4-5 different kinds of tinted halogen bulbs from MTEC to PIAA to Sylvania and Osram on three different cars. Aside from the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited which honestly didn't make an ounce of difference compared to the OEM bulbs, maybe a tiny bit brighter but could just be placebo, all the heavily blue tinted bulbs dropped the overall brightness noticeably at night, although it did produce a whiter light at the expense of reduced bulb life (the MTEC bulbs actually melted TWICE on me).

Finally switched over to HIDs in my existing halogen reflectors (flamesuit on) and have been using that for a little over a year, makes a huge difference in terms of brightness. I will defend my actions and say that I DID aim my headlights quite a bit downwards to alleviate the glare produced by HIDs in reflector housings and I never had anyone high beam me or friends tell me my lights are blinding when they're driving in front of me I already have my H1 projectors sitting in a box in my room, waiting for the rest of my parts to arrive then taking off my front bumper, taking off the headlights and doing a proper projector retrofit gonna be awesome.

tl;dr HIDs are the way to go, if you can't afford projectors then at least aim your headlights downwards until you can afford projectors or grow a pair and bake your headlights (cheapest projectors on Amazon which have good reviews are just a little over $40 so...)
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:34 PM   #116

It has been quite a while since I had tried the speciality halogen bulbs. Akinari is 100% correct that the blue tinted bulbs produces a lower lumen light. However, IIRC, the Sylvania Silver Stars are the real deal, and the GE Nighthawks were too, at least as far as my eyes can judge. The light they emit were both noticeably brighter and whiter than the standard halogen when I did a side by side test. However, the drawbacks common to both were their significantly higher prices -- the Sylvania Silver Stars were outrageously expensive, and the GE Nighthawks were just quite expensive, and both have fairly short lives -- both models died in less than a year, and I seem to think that the Nighthawks lasted a bit longer than the Silver Stars.

I have since gone back to regular halogens because I'd much rather spend my money on go fast parts than on lights that need replacing every 10 months. At the risk of jinxing myself, I think my current set of regular halogens have been going for almost 10 years now.