REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #76
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
"Upon looking at the dog, I could tell it was overheating – the windows in the car were opened half an inch and the dog was panting heavily, drooling, and was trying to be as close to the crack of fresh air as possible with not even any water in the car.

May I also mention that french bulldogs are extremely susceptible to respiratory issues and trouble breathing?"
yeah she could tell right away right? she TOTALLY might not have been projecting her own fucking insecurities onto the situation?

Quote:
"He then turns to me, where I’m standing by the opened door making sure his dog doesn’t run into the street, and tells me to “not touch (his) fucking door and dog.” I don’t comply"
I WAS TOUCHING HIS SHIT AND HE TELLS ME TO STOP, I DONT COMPLY.

what the fuck is wrong with her? she's soooo fucking arrogant and stuck up. narcissistic idiot.

she is 10000% wrong. he did nothing wrong.
Advertisement
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:03 PM   #77
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
You think that tough guy would have done that if a big tatted up guy would have been in the place of the girls? Thats the even more despicable part of the interaction. Trying to intimidate a couple of girls. They weren't exactly retaliating at the guy very much. He was spouting off so much they didn't even have a chance to get a word in.
uhhh what about if the dog owner was a big tatted up guy, and the girls were some other dude?

the big tatted up guy woulda knocked those fuckers out for breaking and entering into his car and disrespecting him as a human being.

the end conclusion is, she's violating his private space and property, and then lecturing him about how to run his life when he's done absolutely nothing wrong.

ANY PERSON in his position with a pair of balls would flip out.
the ones that are pussies and avoid confrontation would hang their head low and look at the ground and drive away.

there's no one that would genuinely go "oh thanks for looking out for me and my dog! i appreciate it sooo much, love you!"

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 07-28-2015 at 01:10 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #78
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

It hasn't been that hot for a past few days. In the video, the guy is wearing pants and a jacket. The girl is wearing a long sleeve.

So how hot was it really?
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #79
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy View Post
It hasn't been that hot for a past few days. In the video, the guy is wearing pants and a jacket. The girl is wearing a long sleeve.

So how hot was it really?
There are also people that wear jackets when it's 30+ degrees outside.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:08 PM   #80
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Jennifer Thi

Hey everyone, so I was recently informed that the man in the video has a mental disorder and isn't in the best situation already without the shaming as a result of the video I've posted so I have privated it.
As important as it is to make sure you don't leave dogs or any other pets or toddlers in hot cars, it's also important to think about what you do on social media and how it affects others and I didn't think about the latter half carefully enough. I know it's too late and that too much damage has been done already, but please try to understand the man's situation and avoid shaming him further.
As much as the guy was mean and rude, please, just remember that the safety of the animal is what should have been the main concern and I would appreciate it if further degrading comments about the man stop.
There is another side to any story and I encourage all of you to think about that as well.
The video is now offline, but is already all over various news outlet.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:09 PM   #81
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,020 Times in 7,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
uhhh what about if the dog owner was a big tatted up guy, and the girls were some other dude?

the big tatted up guy woulda knocked those fuckers out for breaking and entering into his car and disrespecting him as a human being.
You are changing my questioning of his actions and behaviour to a left field rhetoric, and as usual, it doesn't really mean anything.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:11 PM   #82
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
oh fuck, now she's backing off and feels bad? Dude has a mental disorder? Come on! Wonder what REALLY happened to get her to post that?
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:13 PM   #83
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
I call BS on the mental disorder and he's just using it as a way to condone his actions.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:15 PM   #84
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
oh fuck, now she's backing off and feels bad? Dude has a mental disorder? Come on! Wonder what REALLY happened to get her to post that?
Guy called his crew.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:15 PM   #85

TIL being a fucking asshole is now a mental illness and excuses any asshole behaviour.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:20 PM   #86
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I don't agree with what that guy did, and people who leave their pets in their car while doing shopping or some other shit annoys the crap out of me.

However, there is a flip side to this that I experienced a few weeks back.

Was driving on the Coquihalla after a trip with my dog. He started whimpering a bit, which is usually a good indication that he has to go to the washroom. As I had to do the same, I found a trucker's rest stop right off the side of the highway that also gets used by your standard traveller. I put my dog on a leash and let him do his business. Afterwards, I put him back in the car, opened all four windows as far down as they could go - as well as the sunroof, set a bowl of ice water on the backseat for him (had a cooler to keep all my food nice and cool during the drive, hence why I had ice in the middle of nowhere) and wrote a quick note that I placed on the dash of my car stating the time - seconds included - that I left the car. I even took a picture of it with my phone, ensuring to hard stamp the time into the picture. Sounds extreme, I know, but I wanted physical and visual proof of what I had done. Normally I would have left him tied off somewhere outside, but it was literally right off a highway where the speed limit is 120km/hr, the parking lot was very active with vehicles coming and going nonstop, and it was a busy time of day on the road. Plus there were literally no places to tie a leash to. I didn't want to risk him getting loose and wandering into traffic, especially since my girlfriend's daughter just lost her own dog a couple months prior.

Now, it's a big enough rest stop that there's usually no lines to wait in and this was no different. Not thirty seconds into the washroom, while in the middle of taking a piss, my 2-way alarm fob starts vibrating and screaming and generally freaking the fuck out, scaring the guy at the urinal next to me (side note: thank god there's dividers in most urinals... pretty sure that guy sprayed the wall from jumping ). Stopping midstream, I run back outside. Both sirens on my car are blaring, some lady is standing next to the door she opened, and my dog (which, I should mention is a Red Nose Pitbull) is standing on my back seats, growling and barking ten kinds of hell at her. Normally he's extremely friendly and insanely tolerant, but he's also very, very protective of myself, my girlfriend, and her two daughters, so he doesn't take too kindly at what he perceives to be intrusions of "his" property.

So of course the lady starts freaking out at me about how I shouldn't have left my dog in the car under any circumstance. I politely listen to her for ten or so seconds before I point out that, 1) there's a note on my car with a time on it, and I showed her that exactly one minute, thirty seconds had elapsed between my leaving and coming back, 2) the ice cubes in the bowl hadn't even started melting yet, 3) the windows were all completely open, and 4) there were literally no places to tie a leash to outside. I even told her my dashcams would back my entire story up, should she decide to try to call the cops or SPCA or something. I asked her what I should have done differently given everything I had pointed out. She stared blankly at me for a minute, told me to fuck myself and stalked back to her car.

The kicker to this story? In the bed of her pickup truck was a dog not even leashed down.

Of course, in her defence, maybe she heard about my car fires and she was worried it might spontaneously combust while I was in the washroom? lol
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:22 PM   #87
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
not tryna defend the guy or anything, but i call bullshit on this girls story, obviously shes gonan sway it in her POV rather than unbiased truth... there is no way someone would allow 2 strangers to run around looking inside and even opening their car door with no instant response... tbh i think i would flip shit also but not to that extent

HOWEVER, it is wrong to keep the dog in the car with the windows barely cracked opened

also, how can u guys say he doesnt have a mental disorder or anything? do you guys know him? lol, its over she decided to take it down thas her own discretion
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:23 PM   #88

With more of these cases being brought to light(social media stylez) hopefully it'll cause people to think twice about leaving their pet in a hot car for any length of time without proper ventilation and water.

I would smash a car window if I felt a dog was in peril without hesitation. No question. In fact, I bet I'd draw a lynch crowd in doing so and there'd be a gang of us waiting for the owner to come out. Knowing that, as a dog owner, I take precautions to ensure my dogs are always safe when they are travelling with me. If that is not possible then they stay in their 2500 sq.ft. house that I share with them with the windows open and plenty of water.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:28 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post

also, how can u guys say he doesnt have a mental disorder or anything? do you guys know him? lol, its over she decided to take it down thas her own discretion
We can't, but the fact is people use it for an excuse constantly, regardless of anything once they actually get called out for being a fuck in public. Mental illness or not, you still need to function in society, and if you can't, then appropriate actions need to be taken to make you safely function in society. If he wants to use it as an excuse, he better be assessed by a psychiatrist and appropriately medicated, or in the proper anger management programs within the week, or be held accountable as just being an asshole. The excuses are null and void if proper steps aren't taken.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:34 PM   #90
I keep RS good

doesn't matter

everyone outing him already has a bias and it's hella obvious that you guys are all going to use any info u have against him and any info he has you will discredit immediately.

your logic is already out the window. just band wagon pitch fork and torching already.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:34 PM   #91
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
You are changing my questioning of his actions and behaviour to a left field rhetoric, and as usual, it doesn't really mean anything.
UHHH HIS ACTIONS DONT MATTER.

he coulda drove away and been nice about it. he coulda flipped out 1000x more.

it DOESNT MATTER WHAT HE DID.

the only thing that matters is WHAT SHE DID.

she broke and enter, violated his respect and did not comply when he told her to stop touching his shit.

that's the ONLY thing that matters here.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:36 PM   #92
I subscribe to Revscene

Exactly. If you have a mental disorder, you need to seek help. It's a social responsibility. Now what happens if the guy punched Jennifer, and claims mental disorder?

The moment you step foot out the house, all mentally handicapped should take appropriate measure to not affect others. I do not think Jennifer should take the video down this early.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #93
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
at the risk of my e-rep, I'm gonna side with Ulic here. The girls were in the wrong.

As Lomac showed, he made every effort to prove his case. A similar burden lies on the accuser (the girls). They better have times, dates, pictures and witnesses to prove that the dog was actually suffering, or even had a remote risk of any sort of suffering. I'm certainly not going to believe them because they're taking an iPhone video half way through the incident. The girls look more like social justice warriors than anything.

You break into someone's car, you can bet that the consequences will never be the same. So if you're going to do it, you better be damn sure you're right.

That said.. the guy should have handled that way better..
Old 07-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #94

Public social media justice/lynching puts all reasoning out the window. It's just a sign of the times. There is no recanting your actions once that shit is out. She should still stand by her actions 100%. She looks like a tool now saying oh stop slandering the guy, I didn't know he had a mental disorder, blah, blah. Are you trying to save a dog or not? Kinda sounds like she feels like she is in the wrong now. Perhaps she should have thought of that BEFORE she posted the video. If you are going to post something make sure you believe that shit 100% and forever 'cause it ain't going anywhere nor are people's opinions of it.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:51 PM   #95
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
We sure he's not part of this crew?

whats the backstory on this? pretty sure he goes to my gym.. cant miss that barbed wire tattoo lol
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:52 PM   #96
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I can't help but think this would be different if the genders were switched.

But anyways, she could of made some decent cash if she posted it on youtube.
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #97
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
whats the backstory on this? pretty sure he goes to my gym.. cant miss that barbed wire tattoo lol
Tough Rock 4x4 Club. They have a history of taking over people's campgrounds, leaving messes, are extremely disrespectful, and being the exact opposite of what you want for an off-road club.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:57 PM   #98
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
girls could be in the wrong but in the end, that's not where the emphasis is.

Like it or not, this whole fiasco is centered on his reaction.
The internet just eats this shit up.
In this day and age, you've always got to assume that there's always someone recording.
10 years ago this might've been just some funny ass story some girl told her buddy and that buddy uttered out at some random party.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:01 PM   #99
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

What she did was actually the best as I would of smashed the windows if the details given are true.

See dog in hot car for 5 mins
Already asked all business if owner was there

Cops would of been fine with it too if the facts checked out.

Guy is a moron regardless. If it's too hot for you to sit in your car drinking a ice cold slurpee how can a dog survive with nothing

Cops say smash a window if you see child, animal in distress - NEWS 1130
Old 07-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #100
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Of course buddy has mental issues, he left his dog in a car and flipped shit at someone for being concerned about his dog and opening his unlocked door. However I fail to see why that should be considered a valid excuse, especially when this guy is in control of a vehicle. How do you think this clown would react if he road raged on someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
I see where you're coming from, but I err slightly to the disagreeing side.

You're your dog's best friend. He wants to hang out with you, even if he's just coming along for a ride. However, there are right and wrong ways of doing things, and in this case it could have been as simple as rolling down a window.

There's a balance to be found, between when to take your dog out and when not to. On the flip side of your question, why have a dog if you're just going to leave them at home all the time?

A dog should be a part of your family, not just a living stuffed animal that you play with whenever you have time. Adult dogs can have the intelligence of a 2-3 year old human.

Most dogs only live 13-15 years, and nothing makes them happier than being with their owner. So I'd rather take my dog out more than less.
I get what you're saying, but how often do you go out with your friends but just sit in the car while they do errands? I'm all for loving and including your pets in everything that you can, but there are things that your pets need to be left out of. I'm not saying they should always stay at home, but they shouldn't always be coming with you either.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: