REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:38 PM   #126
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
To be fair tho... he did stood there slupring his slupree while people were circling and asking around for the owner.
really? where does it say that?
Advertisement
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #127
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
really? where does it say that?
OP

Quote:
Just as we're going to leash the dog, a man who has been standing in front of this car THIS ENTIRE TIME sipping on a slurpee asks us what we're doing. He has heard everything we've said, he's silently watched as I've opened the car door and get a hold of the dog.
I ask him if the car is his. He says yes. The dog is his, too.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #128
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
What about the guy's side of the story? Everything so far has been based off what the girls said.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:49 PM   #129
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
To be fair tho... he did stood there slupring his slupree while people were circling and asking around for the owner.
no, "not to be fair."

it is not demanded by law that he has to reply. or pay attention.

he could just be sitting there drinking his slurpee in a daze, daydreaming and only noticing them when they opened his door.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2015, 05:16 PM   #130
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Just watched the tv footage from ctv, they said the dog was in the hot car for half hour now?!

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #131
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
What about the guy's side of the story? Everything so far has been based off what the girls said.

that's not how shaming with social media works.. hehe
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #132
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

haha Ulic you take this conversation to such extremes man... not everything has to be demanded by law for it to be the more socially appropriate thing to do. don't start a rant about society and culture now please..

if he had just spoken up, rolled down his window a little more, let his dog chill outside while he ate.... none of this would have happened. what is gaining so much attention is simply the ridiculous overreaction - and it is simply that.. fucking ridiculous lol.

Last edited by chouchou; 07-28-2015 at 07:20 PM.
chouchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #133
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrr33 View Post
Just watched the tv footage from ctv, they said the dog was in the hot car for half hour now?!
news ALWAYS exaggerate things... the dog would've been dead
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #134
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
no, "not to be fair."

it is not demanded by law that he has to reply. or pay attention.

he could just be sitting there drinking his slurpee in a daze, daydreaming and only noticing them when they opened his door.
Slurpee had him like...

Old 07-28-2015, 06:22 PM   #135
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
next time leave the dog outside or roll all the windows down. pretty fucking simple.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #136
HELP ME PLS!!!

what happened to the video?
alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #137
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Sick and tired of seeing these SJW v Douchebag news stories. Fueled by the comedic and overly dramatic antics of the news media.

Fuck all these groups. And fuck shitty dog owners. And fuck the hypocritical shitty dog owners who put the SJW mask on to criticize other dog owners.

In other words, fuck social media....

(That's my rant)

Here's a snippet of what happened elsewhere today:

US Man Accused in African Lion Death Thought Hunt Was Legal

Nigeria Boko Haram crisis: Child bomber hits Damaturu - BBC News

Florida cop on leave after video of him tossing peanuts to prisoner | World | Ne

Honda Accord, Toyota Camry Turning to Turbos » AutoGuide.com News

Whale deaths off Alaska island remain mystery - North - CBC News

Ice Bucket Challenge helped ALS Society respond to every request in Alberta | Globalnews.ca
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #138
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrr33 View Post
Dog would've died long before the half hour was up
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #139
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Guess the chick who posted the video doesn't want to be questioned and posted an excuse? I for one can't see the dude having a mental disability.

Wearing sweats+hoodie just means he can take the heat
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:52 PM   #140
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts

Does this mean that the breadbox sedan segment will finally be fun again?!

But on a serious note, SJW bullshit is one of the reasons why police brutality videos are a dual-edged sword. One one hand it does expose real concerns, but on the other, fuck the moron that edited the video to the leadup to an incident, completely taking it out of context. What if the asshole deserved it?
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 08:32 PM   #141
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Animal care worker here... I don't like to preach, but I feel in this case, I have a duty to get the facts out there.

What some people don't understand is that dogs don't process heat the same way humans do. Dogs can't sweat, so their only form of heat expulsion is panting. They overheat exponentially faster than humans, and take longer to cool down. 15 minutes in a hot car can cause brain damage or even death. So that 5 minutes can be much more harmful than some people think. You can imagine how painful/scary that is with no fresh air.

Not to mention this guy has a frenchie, which genetically as a breed, already has natural breathing problems.
Well written. Animal Care worker as well here.

Dogs cool down by panting and through their paws, which isn't doing any good on cloth or leather seats.

This was absolutely disgusting to see and hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post

This guy is a dick. Plus he's a Subaru guy.
ugh.
Damn Subaru owners!!

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #142
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Imagine if an RS member had mentioned just how nuts, and popular, SJW bullshit was earlier...

Playing on people's emotions for a reaction = FRONT PAGE NEWS!!!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #143
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Something doesn't quite make sense to this story, prior to the filming.

Quote:
I could tell it was overheating — the windows in the car were opened half an inch and the dog was panting heavily, drooling, and was trying to be as close to the crack of fresh air as possible with not even any water in the car,” Thi wrote in her Facebook post.
Without video evidence, this is just merely opinion from one side of the story which could have also been exaggerated, perhaps from someone who freaked out simply from the fact of seeing a dog inside a car without the entire window rolled down (like the way she has it for her car).

Quote:
Thi said a woman walked into the pet store in Vancouver where she works, and asked if anyone knew who owned the silver car parked with a French Bulldog inside. She said the woman had already gone into other stores in search of the owner, believing the dog was in distress — something Thi said she saw for herself.

Quote:
Just as we're going to leash the dog, a man who has been standing in front of this car THIS ENTIRE TIME sipping on a slurpee asks us what we're doing. He has heard everything we've said, he's silently watched as I've opened the car door and get a hold of the dog.
I ask him if the car is his. He says yes. The dog is his, too.
So was the owner hiding like a ninja? Or did no one think logically, there was a good chance the owner of the dog was the man standing in front of the car the ENTIRE TIME??

Anyway, in the end of the day, the girls had no right to open the door of someone else's property and go invade privacy. That's the bottom line.

The guy on the other hand reacted in a very retarded way, especially considering the girls motive.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #144
I subscribe to Revscene

The whole altercation... yes, yall need Jesus.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #145
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
If that guy was smart, he could have possibly picked up that girl using his charm.

Instead, he is now on the internet looking like an unstable asshole!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 10:13 PM   #146
RS controls my life!

dumb ass guy, doesn't seem too educated owning a dog. I almost never bring my dogs out on a hot day, and if I do, I'll make sure I sit in the car with them in the shade or with ac along with a doggy bottle. Even if they're at home, I am paranoid, always patting them down with wet cold towel.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:18 PM   #147
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

...And someone earlier in this thread called it...

I shared the video that went viral on a social media site and someone replied with:

"An excerpt from a post from a friend of a friend: the guy is my friends friends older brother, he is bipolar and suffers from depression after his parents passed away. the video doesn't show the whole story but he was trying to handle the situation but after they started bitching and yelling st him he doesn't know how to handle these social problems very well and just snaps it's easy to shame a guy using social media and to only see the bad side of a situation or a person but he's going thru a lot as well and with his condition didn't handle it the right way. just wanted clarify cause its not fair the way ppl portray him."

This is exactly like what someone said... spot on!... I don't know what to think of the situation anymore. If he truly has a mental disorder, should he still be owning a pet if he can barely take care of himself?...

Last edited by DaJo; 07-28-2015 at 10:24 PM.
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 10:20 PM   #148
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
for all you guys still fucking arguing about a window being SLIGHTLY CRACKED OPEN

1inch x4 windows = 4inches total. u guys make it sound like he has 3 closed windows and 1 window down 1 inch.

he has 4 windows, all down 1 inch.

u can even see the front drivers side window is down like 3 inches. the back is down like 1inch. and the other side of the car is probably the same. so like at least 4-8inches of windows open total around the car...

i don't need to know physics to know that hot and cold flow rates must be the same or the pressure in the room would change. cold air is more dense than the warm air so there would be a vertical stratification between the two densities, which would be unstable. The slightest perturbation (for example, from opening the window) would cause the situation to break down and the cold air would flow into the room from the bottom portion of the window while warmer air would then get pushed out the top assuming only one window was open.

you guys act as if they were trapped in a building on fire... LOL.

over-reaction over a situation that doesnt even exist anymore, and an situation that was never real.
Ok Professor Proton.
First off, that back window is not open an inch. Secondly, that generation of Impreza's run a frameless window so the rubber seal around the door frame isn't flush with the top of the window. So even if it was open an inch, which it isn't, the actual opening is less than an inch.

To be honest, when I first watched the video, i didn't even thing the rear window was open because the crack was that small.

All your other shit ramblings about air flow and victor matrix, time to get off the glue.
Fact is, even if the outside ambient temperature isn't that hot, all the glass makes the inside of the car act like a green house and temperature will raise very quickly.
If there isn't any air flow, the inside temperatures will continue to go up.

Yes, yesterday wasn't that hot, but I can tell you the inside of a car can get plenty hot just because the sun was out.

Someone on FB posted a video of a 14 month old dog that was convulsing in the back of the family car. The family decided to go to Ikea and spent 4 hrs in there shopping. If it takes a video like that to get the message across, please let me know. I watched 15 seconds of it and was more disturbed by it than watching 2 girls and 1 cup.

As for the owner of the dog, if they have a mental illness, please let me know why he is still driving? Then again, that will probably explain all the damage on his front bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing

Last edited by SumAznGuy; 07-28-2015 at 10:26 PM.
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:30 PM   #149
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chouchou View Post
haha Ulic you take this conversation to such extremes man... not everything has to be demanded by law for it to be the more socially appropriate thing to do. don't start a rant about society and culture now please..

if he had just spoken up, rolled down his window a little more, let his dog chill outside while he ate.... none of this would have happened. what is gaining so much attention is simply the ridiculous overreaction - and it is simply that.. fucking ridiculous lol.
It can go both ways. If those girls minded their own business, he would have ate his sandwich got in his car and his dog is alive and well and everyone goes off on their way. So who is in the wrong? When in the end the dog didn't really suffer.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2015, 10:39 PM   #150
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
The bystander effect is not a positive one. They saw what they believed to be a dog in distress, and they acted on it. What if the dog really was? What if they hadn't acted on it? They did try to find the owner, they just didn't do a good job. Life is full of what ifs, but when a person or animal appears to be in distress, you should always try to help if you can. He shouldn't have reacted that way, and lets be honest they should have walked away when he reacted like that, but honestly, I wouldn't have either if I were them.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: