REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:13 AM   #26
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
I hated those damn things!

They were pretty to look at, but they were violent and their shrill, high pitched shrieks would grate on my nerves.

Also, poop.

Then I stepped on it.

Advertisement
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Good points hypa. The big difference for me in the animal instinct vs. feeding egos. Human are not instinctually bred to hunt lions with guns in a foreign country. That shit comes from ego. The circle of life, as it were, is full of brutal stuff like you mentioned but that's just it. The circle of life. The cougar isn't trying to kill the calf to show off to it's friends or hang that shit on the wall in its cave home and post it on Facebook. It's trying to eat or protect it's domain.

Let's all go hunting(for food) without weapons and do it like animals do. How long would our pussy-ass species last then?

in other news: peacocks freak me the fuck out
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 10:36 AM   #28
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:59 AM   #29
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:27 AM   #30
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
.............and what just showed up in my email box? A Change.org petition for Cecil no less. Guess I better sign that shit :P
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
like the American hunter who recently paid $350,000 to kill a critically endangered black rhino in Namibia
That rhino was actually killed for conservation reasons and the money paid went towards further conservation efforts. I question the credibility of the animal welfare fund who does not understand that

http://news.discovery.com/animals/en...unt-150520.htm

Quote:
The rhino he shot was an older male that, according to wildlife managers in Namibia’s Ministry of Environment and Tourism, was not reproducing and because rhinos are fiercely territorial, was also threatening younger males who could reproduce. Shooting it, the conservation case went, would give the healthy males a better chance at mating with the females
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 03:42 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Doesn't matter if it is collecting minions or lion pelts, neither affects your life at all. Stop trying to tell other people what to do or be interested in.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-29-2015, 04:44 PM   #33

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Doesn't matter if it is collecting minions or lion pelts, neither affects your life at all. Stop trying to tell other people what to do or be interested in.
The ironing is delicious.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 05:06 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
The ironing is delicious.

multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #35
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Didn't read the thread, so I'm not sure if its been mentioned (don't care to check ) but there are legal hunts of Lions, you can even eat Lion meat there, the president had them for his birthday or commemoration feast
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #36
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
I kinda feel bad for this guy. Yes, he is a douche who did something highly unethical and also illegal. Furthermore, his "apology" is pathetic and is dripping of sarcasm and a general lack of remorse for his actions.

But all the public shaming and real-world harassment of this guy needs to stop. How would you feel if a bunch of random angry strangers camped outside your house and made your wife and kids feel unsafe? Or if you were vilified on social media to the point that you had to leave your place of work and face the prospect of not being able to make a living?

I am willing to be that many of these social justice warriors and keyboard animal rights activists who are shaming him, both online and publicly, have never really done anything constructive (whether it be time- or money-wise) to stop trophy hunting and increase wildlife conservation efforts.... just my $0.02. Social media has gotten ridiculous with its "witch hunt" and the wanton destruction of peoples' professional and social lives with no regard for the consequences.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2015, 07:15 PM   #37
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
In a statement Tuesday, Palmer, who runs a dental practice, said he hired professional guides who secured proper permits.

"To my knowledge, everything about this trip was legal and properly handled and conducted," he said in the statement.
To me the above is an important part of this that should be covered before people go losing their shit on this guy. If what he says is true, then I find it hard to fully fault the guy if he honestly believed that he was doing everything legally and properly. Allowing legal, controlled hunts provides a lot of funding for conservation efforts and helps prevent poaching after all.

But of course if he's lying and knew it was illegal from the get go then fuck him.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #38
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
RS has turned into the public shaming forum

Though I suppose you could say that about the entire internet
my 1st stop on RS is shitty drivers' thread
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:30 PM   #39
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

the thing i don't get is that he's already killed a lion previously, if you're a collector why would you want/need another of the same animal unless he specifically wanted Cecil.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #40
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
ulic, i dont think comparing the natural circle of life in the animal kingdom justifies hunting?

this guy disagrees.

I am not a hunter, nor do i want to hunt. but I get it. and so does the predator.

you fuckin hunt cuz you're on the top. you're boss. you're alpha. you exert that through the action of dominance and you remind all the fuckin shit below you of that through hunting their asses and hanging them up (or if you're the predator you skin them and hang them up and polish their skulls).

it's our lions roar. except we like to hang up and collect corpses and body parts and dangle them everywhere.

you can disagree and call them cowards, but when it's your head hanging on their walls, who's got the last laugh? all that matters is, you're dead, and they're not, and they killed you. therefore they win.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #41

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

you fuckin hunt cuz you're on the top. you're boss. you're alpha. you exert that through the action of dominance and you remind all the fuckin shit below you of that through hunting their asses and hanging them up (or if you're the predator you skin them and hang them up and polish their skulls).
I don't think hat this guy did qualifies as hunting. Sitting in a jeep drinking a latte and eating finger sandwiches while a group of people try to corner a lion for you does not make top of the food chain. If he really wanted to be top boss he should have gone in alone with just a bow and arrow and tracked the lion himself.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:16 AM   #42
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
To me the above is an important part of this that should be covered before people go losing their shit on this guy. If what he says is true, then I find it hard to fully fault the guy if he honestly believed that he was doing everything legally and properly. Allowing legal, controlled hunts provides a lot of funding for conservation efforts and helps prevent poaching after all.

But of course if he's lying and knew it was illegal from the get go then fuck him.
His past sure doesn't help him. Like when he killed a bear outside of the hunting zone and lied about where he killed it.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:21 AM   #43
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I don't think hat this guy did qualifies as hunting. Sitting in a jeep drinking a latte and eating finger sandwiches while a group of people try to corner a lion for you does not make top of the food chain. If he really wanted to be top boss he should have gone in alone with just a bow and arrow and tracked the lion himself.
sure that's your definition

the lion is dead, and he isnt.

so who's the hunter and who's the hunted?

doesn't matter if i push a button and send robots to kill/hunt for me. i'm still hunting. i'm still killing them, and they aren't killing me.

all that matters is the end game.

it does make him the top of the food chain.

think about it. he does it so easily.

the harder you work to achieve your goal, the lesser you are.
if i sit there and press a button and kill 10000 lions, and you have to work your ass off to maybe kill 1. who's at the top of the food chain?

your ideals dont match reality. reality doesn't care how you do it. as long as u get it done.

they dead, you arent=they lose. you win.

we have intelligence, intuition, and technology. we leverage those things instead of using primitive methods of inefficiency.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-30-2015, 12:38 AM   #44

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:

doesn't matter if i push a button and send robots to kill/hunt for me. i'm still hunting. i'm still killing them, and they aren't killing me.

if i sit there and press a button and kill 10000 lions, and you have to work your ass off to maybe kill 1. who's at the top of the food chain?

your ideals dont match reality. reality doesn't care how you do it. as long as u get it done.

we have intelligence, intuition, and technology. we leverage those things instead of using primitive methods of inefficiency.
Sorry but a guy who works at a slaughter house is not a hunter. They call trophy hunting a sport. A sport has to have some skill involved. The killing of the lion required no skill from the dentist. That lion was dead as soon as he paid the 50k. aA 8 year old with 50K could do the same thing.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:56 AM   #45
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Sorry but a guy who works at a slaughter house is not a hunter. They call trophy hunting a sport. A sport has to have some skill involved. The killing of the lion required no skill from the dentist. That lion was dead as soon as he paid the 50k. aA 8 year old with 50K could do the same thing.
yeah so don't you think that's pretty amazing.

an 8 year old can kill any vicious animal on this planet with some paper.

that's pretty top of the food chain to me bro.

you're not seeing the bigger picture... where does that 50k come from. how did money even come to be? we invented that shit. it's fucking complex as hell. it can buy u a gun, it can buy you an army. it can buy you anything you want. hell it can buy you pussy... you can pay someone else to hunt for you. HELL, you can use it and go to space. send robots to mars and far away places.

they don't need the skill any more. they're above that... they have money. a complex tool invented by man. you don't need anything, you just buy the people that have the skill, cuz that's what money does. like a god. you think god does any actual work? no he just snaps his god damn fingers and it's done. we can't just snap our fingers... but we can do the next best thing, throw money at someone to do the work for us.

you don't see how ANY man. even a physically disabled man, is alpha to any animal as long as he has money?

like multicartual said once... we are all wizards, and money is our mana. you use that shit to cast your wish.

he wishes to kill a lion, and he fucking threw some mana and it was done.

it doesn't matter what you think the definition of a hunter is... the animal got hunted, and it died. you're right. as soon as he paid the 50k. isn't that the most amazing skill you've heard of?

the animal was PREDESTINED to die, as soon as someone threw money in the right direction. that's some fucking alpha top of the food chain magic dude.

it's like saying someone isn't successful if they used money to buy a successful company. lol. it doesn't work like that dude.

only the end result matters. and like i said many times. he willed the lion to die. and the lion did. and he isn't dead. so... there's no real argument here... the lion is dead. he is not. last one standing is always the victor.

i think what you're trying to say is, he has no skill. a person with real skill would like... kill the lion with his bare hands or something. sure, i can agree with that. but what im trying to say is, skill is not needed when you have money. money makes you above that. hence white collar vs blue collar. the white collars pay the blue collars with the skill to do it. that's... how humans work. i duno about you, i'd rather be the one snapping my fingers and just getting whatever i want done without doing any of the work. that seems the most boss to me. to command others. using only my mind, and my voice. that's as close to god as a human can get!!!

what people don't get is ... that the money you command, IS part of you. it is a personal attribute. sure you can lose it. but no different than anything else. you can lose your muscles due to old age, or not working out. you can lose your skills due to... also old age or brain damage or degeneration. don't view money as some foreign thing... your money, is part of your definition. it defines how much command of others you have. for all the people thinking "i can't be bought" ... well yeah sure, maybe you can't. but others can. there's billions of people, for every 1 person that says no there will be hundreds of thousands that are lining up to suck up that paper, to do your bidding.

everyone wants mana. no mana, no spells, no game. gg bro.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 07-30-2015 at 05:07 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-30-2015, 06:26 AM   #46
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:

doesn't matter if you're on top of the food chain when you're literally fucking with the already dwindling populations of several species. when they're all dead, that is by no means considered a "win".
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:30 AM   #47

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
His past sure doesn't help him. Like when he killed a bear outside of the hunting zone and lied about where he killed it.
That part could go either way, and honestly it's hard for anyone to know based on articles.

Scenario A: He killed the bear not knowing he had gone outside of a hunting zone, panicked when he found out and lied. Learning from this he hired what he thought were the right guides with the proper permits to ensure he didn't end up in such a mess again.

Scenario B: He killed the bear knowing he had gone outside of a hunting zone and lied to cover his ass. He then hired guides that were willing to help him get a lion without regard for doing so correctly, and is just lying again to cover his ass.

Although if he brought the head and pelt back to the US wouldn't he have needed to have the correct paperwork to transport it? Things like a lion head aren't just tucked in your carry on, you're going to need paperwork to bring that into most countries.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:41 AM   #48
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
I kinda feel bad for this guy..
after paying $50k to hunt, this is probably him right now

pretty much rs right now

"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:47 AM   #49
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
doesn't matter if you're on top of the food chain when you're literally fucking with the already dwindling populations of several species. when they're all dead, that is by no means considered a "win".
IF the hunt was legal, that wouldn't have been a concern though
Old 07-30-2015, 09:27 AM   #50

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
yeah so don't you think that's pretty amazing.

an 8 year old can kill any vicious animal on this planet with some paper.

that's pretty top of the food chain to me bro.

you're not seeing the bigger picture... where does that 50k come from. how did money even come to be? we invented that shit. it's fucking complex as hell. it can buy u a gun, it can buy you an army. it can buy you anything you want. hell it can buy you pussy... you can pay someone else to hunt for you. HELL, you can use it and go to space. send robots to mars and far away places.

they don't need the skill any more. they're above that... they have money. a complex tool invented by man. you don't need anything, you just buy the people that have the skill, cuz that's what money does. like a god. you think god does any actual work? no he just snaps his god damn fingers and it's done. we can't just snap our fingers... but we can do the next best thing, throw money at someone to do the work for us.

you don't see how ANY man. even a physically disabled man, is alpha to any animal as long as he has money?

like multicartual said once... we are all wizards, and money is our mana. you use that shit to cast your wish.

he wishes to kill a lion, and he fucking threw some mana and it was done.

it doesn't matter what you think the definition of a hunter is... the animal got hunted, and it died. you're right. as soon as he paid the 50k. isn't that the most amazing skill you've heard of?

the animal was PREDESTINED to die, as soon as someone threw money in the right direction. that's some fucking alpha top of the food chain magic dude.

it's like saying someone isn't successful if they used money to buy a successful company. lol. it doesn't work like that dude.

only the end result matters. and like i said many times. he willed the lion to die. and the lion did. and he isn't dead. so... there's no real argument here... the lion is dead. he is not. last one standing is always the victor.

i think what you're trying to say is, he has no skill. a person with real skill would like... kill the lion with his bare hands or something. sure, i can agree with that. but what im trying to say is, skill is not needed when you have money. money makes you above that. hence white collar vs blue collar. the white collars pay the blue collars with the skill to do it. that's... how humans work. i duno about you, i'd rather be the one snapping my fingers and just getting whatever i want done without doing any of the work. that seems the most boss to me. to command others. using only my mind, and my voice. that's as close to god as a human can get!!!

what people don't get is ... that the money you command, IS part of you. it is a personal attribute. sure you can lose it. but no different than anything else. you can lose your muscles due to old age, or not working out. you can lose your skills due to... also old age or brain damage or degeneration. don't view money as some foreign thing... your money, is part of your definition. it defines how much command of others you have. for all the people thinking "i can't be bought" ... well yeah sure, maybe you can't. but others can. there's billions of people, for every 1 person that says no there will be hundreds of thousands that are lining up to suck up that paper, to do your bidding.

everyone wants mana. no mana, no spells, no game. gg bro.
Cool story bro.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote