REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:30 AM   #51
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
WTF
Advertisement
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #52
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
So Ulic Qel-Droma who is the top dog Michael Jordan or the guy who paid Michael Jordan to play on the Bulls?
Old 07-31-2015, 01:37 AM   #53
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
So Ulic Qel-Droma who is the top dog Michael Jordan or the guy who paid Michael Jordan to play on the Bulls?
uhh obviously the guy who owns the fucking team. jesus what kinda question is that.
you obviously don't know who Jerry M. Reinsdorf is. he's the guy that like... paid michael jordan. he's the hand that feeds him. the guy that enabled him to be a fucking star. the god behind the scenes. michael jordan made him hundreds of millions of dollars lol if not more. michael jordan didn't become a power baller till after he stopped playing basket ball.

it's like asking who the boss is, the "in trend" pop star or the record label that owns them.

the guy that puts everything together. the guy that commands. the owner. the one with most influential power. is always the boss. everyone else is just a pawn and can be bought out and switched out between other bosses.

you're like asking me who the boss of a gang is. the guy who does the killing or the guy that sits in his fucking mansion and tells the guy to go kill someone. the mafia boss is the boss. not any of his henchmen.

you guys are fuckin weird. are you guys all secretly religious or something?

obviously when there is a clash of values, at the end of the day, the guy who ends up 6 feet under is dead. and the guy who isn't... well, isn't.

the guy who's 6 feet under, his values cease to exist. the universe forgets who they are. they're dead. they don't matter. the victor continues to influence others and shape the world closer to his values, and the dead guy IS DEAD.

what's so hard to understand about that?

Unless you guys ARE religious and believe there ARE objective morals that are sewn into the fabric of reality. otherwise... everything is subjective, and the dead are the losers. cuz they can't fight back. they dead. DEAD. understand?

why the fuck do you think ISIS are chopping off our heads, and we're dropping bombs on their fucking asses? cuz if we kill them, then we win. they will stop spreading their shit. if they win, then we're dead and we stop spreading our shit.

how did you guys miss out on cluing in ... on the most basic fundamental way interactions between value systems work? uhhh hello? have you guys ever picked up a book and read anything about like... anything since the beginning or recorded history? you ever think about why we are so good at killing shit? like we're the BEST at killing shit. and we kill each other all the god damn time, because of the very things i just mentioned... clash of values. and the dead, always lose. you fucking tell me a time where the dead won and wrote history. lol. jesus. nothing else matters. NOTHING. they kill you, the end. they win.

you know how ironic it is you guys are bashing my explanation when the article itself STATES that Jericho , the next lion in line, will fucking kill ALL of cecil's cubs? YOU KNOW WHY???? JEE I WONDER WHY. cuz then he'll WIN. and cecil's cubs and his bloodline and DNA and values will CEASE TO EXIST. human kills cecil, jericho kills cecil's cubs. cecil's values and thoughts and everything in this world that could have been influenced by cecil, VANISHES. THE END.

you guys might not think he's a boss for killing the lion in a cowardly way... but you must have enough brains to agree with me that cecil definitely aint the boss in this scenario LOL. his corpse doesn't even have a head any more, how boss is that.

cecil most probably killed all the cubs of the ex alpha he kicked out. even a fucking lion knows what i'm talking about.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 07-31-2015 at 01:51 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2015, 02:19 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
uhh obviously the guy who owns the fucking team. jesus what kinda question is that.
you obviously don't know who Jerry M. Reinsdorf is. he's the guy that like... paid michael jordan. he's the hand that feeds him. the guy that enabled him to be a fucking star. the god behind the scenes. michael jordan made him hundreds of millions of dollars lol if not more. michael jordan didn't become a power baller till after he stopped playing basket ball.

it's like asking who the boss is, the "in trend" pop star or the record label that owns them.
Jordan could have played on any team he wanted to.

The way you do something matters. People claim Usain bolt is the worlds fastest man but I am faster than him in my car. If you want to be considered a hunter you have to actually do some hunting not just site in the back of a jeep like your name is Daisy.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:13 AM   #55
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Jordan could have played on any team he wanted to.

The way you do something matters. People claim Usain bolt is the worlds fastest man but I am faster than him in my car. If you want to be considered a hunter you have to actually do some hunting not just site in the back of a jeep like your name is Daisy.
yeah well if that's true, then he chose the bulls. so... what's that gotta say about the bulls and their owner? lol. like having the best warrior choose to serve under a specific king. the king is still the king and goes "hell yah, that's MY boy, now go make the crowd cheer and love this team!"

usain bolt is the fastest runner on earth currently known.

he is most definitely not the fastest man. lol. the guys orbiting in the space station are going much faster than you probably ever will so they can claim that.

i don't think he ever claims he was a hunter. those guys he hired are better hunters than him.

he just wanted to kill a lion. that's all. and he did. lol. so... what are you arguing about.

he wanted to experience the THRILL of the hunt. cuz i mean, isn't that what it's all about?

hardly anyone has the passion to actually learn how to hunt. they just want the thrill. it's like a drug. and he got what he want. the end.

one more thing, i'm pretty sure by any definition, him and those people he hired "hunted" down and killed the lion. u can replace the word hunted with tracked or... lured... stalked... or whatever.

they essentially all mean the same thing. "entity X seeks out and destroys entity Y". you can argue whether they're called hunters or cowards or ass fuckers all you like. my statement still stands true. you're just arguing semantics. like sure u can argue what a hunter means in the dictionary all you want. lol. but that doesn't change the facts. anyone can change the definition of what a hunter is. it doesn't change the fact that X destroys Y.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 07-31-2015 at 03:20 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2015, 07:22 AM   #56
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Can we hire someone to tldr posts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2015, 10:00 AM   #57
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
you fucking tell me a time where the dead won and wrote history. lol.
and literally the next word

Quote:
jesus.
Mind blown.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:38 AM   #58
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
I personally don't support the killing of any animal unless it's for food or safety.

But if this guy actually got all the appropriate legal paperwork to do what he did, than it's not him that people should be angry at but rather they should be angry at the country that allowed him to do it.

Either way, Zimbabwe is a sovereign country, if they want to let people kill lions in their country it's their right to do so.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2015, 01:09 PM   #59

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I personally don't support the killing of any animal unless it's for food or safety.
Serious question here, and I'm curious if anyone can answer it: What's the difference between killing a lion/deer/whatever and leaving the meat to other animals and insects, and something like buying feeder mice for a snake, or meat for lions in the zoo?

I don't like the notion that the meat is being "wasted" if the hunter doesn't eat it. Sure that would be ideal, but unless you're burning the meat something is going to be eating it and using that to continue its life.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:36 PM   #60
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Serious question here, and I'm curious if anyone can answer it: What's the difference between killing a lion/deer/whatever and leaving the meat to other animals and insects, and something like buying feeder mice for a snake, or meat for lions in the zoo?

I don't like the notion that the meat is being "wasted" if the hunter doesn't eat it. Sure that would be ideal, but unless you're burning the meat something is going to be eating it and using that to continue its life.
well lion is pretty top of the food chain where it lives.

killing a deer, probably means lions and other carnivours will eat it, then the scavangers (vultures and shit) will eat the remains, and then the flies and bacteria will eat the rest.

but nothing hunts and eats a lion except scavangers, and then bugs and bacteria (that will eat it when it dies of injury or old age). well humans hunt lions lol. but we don't eat them.

if you kill a lion and don't eat it, i don't think anything will starve, the scavengers and bugs and bacteria will have a feast (bugs and bacteria don't really count cuz they eat everything lol).

but if you kill a deer and don't eat it, and a carnivore doesn't find it before the scavengers and bugs and bacteria... you're potentially putting a carnivore in starvation, cuz that was his potential meal.

but you are right, there is no shortage of food in the world, and in the big picture it doesn't matter cuz something is gonna eat it.

people just don't like thing being killed needlessly.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #61
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

This guy just fucked with the wrong Lion.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:49 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post

But if this guy actually got all the appropriate legal paperwork to do what he did, than it's not him that people should be angry at but rather they should be angry at the country that allowed him to do it.

Either way, Zimbabwe is a sovereign country, if they want to let people kill lions in their country it's their right to do so.
He did not have the proper paper work to kill that line. That line was in a protected national park and was being tracked with a GPS collar. You cannot kill Animals in a protected park. This animal was lured out of a protected park and had it's GPS collar removed.

Also Zimbabwe says he broke the law and wants him extradited.

Last edited by Manic!; 07-31-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:55 PM   #63
I keep RS good

funny how people work.

the dog is in the car, the law doesn't matter!

the lion is in the park, the law matters!

why can't anyone just grow a pair of balls and come out and say "I'm a crazy animal lover, and i value an animals life over a humans"

and that's the only words you need to say, and you'll have made your point.

lol. but you'll look crazy. cuz you are.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2015, 03:21 PM   #64
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Why would that make a person look crazy? no one in this world can tell me what i should and shouldn't like over anything else.
if i want to kill a person and praise an animal or a rock, who can call me call me crazy? you value the life of a human, i value the life of a rock more.
if i can get away with it, if i can kill whoever opposes me, for the sake of my rocks, i'm gonna do it
you're crazy for imposing your relative moral/crazy scale on me. nothing is objective. only what i choose to do with my life matters!

/ulic

Old 07-31-2015, 03:41 PM   #65
I keep RS good

sure, but im sure a person that values a rock will eventually die out, cuz like, rocks cant defend them and help them work in a team LOL.

you can't just kill people and not expect them to kill you back lol, you have to make sure you stay alive. and u need the help of others.

aint no body gonna join your rock loving cult. trust me. well, unless rocks are people. then you're sitting on a big one right now.

unless by rocks you mean diamonds. then yeah. but most of em will be crazy women that will want alimony as soon as they find out you love the rocks more than them.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2015, 03:45 PM   #66
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
A bit of a dick thing to do but he didn't break any laws himself...his guides sort of fucked him on this one.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 04:37 PM   #67
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Ulic Qel-Droma

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion but your posts make you sound moronic and juvenile. Case and point. Your post about the Bulls owner being the "King". Athletes as good as Jordan make the demands if anything. You think the owner of the bulls paid Jordan what he did because he was a nice guy. No, he paid him that because if he didn't Jordan would have happily gone to a team that would have. The players sell the tickets and the merchandise that make the team/owner money. If you have shit players you aren't selling tickets or merchandise and you aren't making money. Therefore Jordan is the king. People paid to see him play and bought jerseys because of him. Not some cankerous old fuck who nobody remembers. For the last couple days every time I come on RS this thread is at the top because of your stupid ass posts trying to convince everyone in here that your right and they're wrong. Just move the fuck on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
he didn't break any laws himself...his guides sort of fucked him on this one.
How do you figure that? If I tell you it's ok to shoot someone and they die; you're telling me that you're in the clear on the murder charge? Wether you know an act is illegal or not, committing the act still makes you accountable.
DGN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2015, 04:46 PM   #68
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Yup, no tags to kill any Lion, never mind one that resides in a national park... and he only kept the head and pelt... doesn't matter where you come from that's illegal poaching. Plus supposedly you are not allowed to shoot lions with a Bow in Zimbabwe.

I like how earlier in this thread someone was like "what are they going to do now that he's out of the country".. well exactly what I thought, request extradition lol.

And I wouldn't be shocked if the US government feeds him to the lions.

Spoiler!
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2015, 04:51 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
A bit of a dick thing to do but he didn't break any laws himself...his guides sort of fucked him on this one.
He did break the law by killing the Lion. Ignorance of the law does not mean you are not criminally responsible.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:58 PM   #70
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I'm a huge animal lover. When I read the first news articles I was outraged. After I read the dentists letter to his patients it dawned in me how once again the media can skew things left right and center. He says everything was done properly and legally according to what he knew. I'm also sure he's not a stupid man, and knows the consequences of messing with the laws in other countries. He may have known what they were doing was in the wrong, but he covered his ass completely, and the "hunters" are the ones to blame. He just used his cash to persuade the situation. Unfortunate situation, but it is what it is and I don't think he can be blamed. What a dick. Lol

As long as he can keep proving naivety, I'd say he's gojng tk get off Scott free. Well besides his medical practice being ruined. Lol
Old 07-31-2015, 05:21 PM   #71
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
lol i'm sure he would take any sort of fine rather than the punishment hes already gotten, that ain't scott free.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:45 PM   #72
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

He must have had some sort of paper work if he was able to take the pelt and head out of the country or he'd be in a Zimbabwe jail right now.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2015, 09:01 PM   #73
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:12 AM   #74
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGN23 View Post
Ulic Qel-Droma

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion but your posts make you sound moronic and juvenile. Case and point. Your post about the Bulls owner being the "King". Athletes as good as Jordan make the demands if anything. You think the owner of the bulls paid Jordan what he did because he was a nice guy. No, he paid him that because if he didn't Jordan would have happily gone to a team that would have. The players sell the tickets and the merchandise that make the team/owner money. If you have shit players you aren't selling tickets or merchandise and you aren't making money. Therefore Jordan is the king. People paid to see him play and bought jerseys because of him. Not some cankerous old fuck who nobody remembers. For the last couple days every time I come on RS this thread is at the top because of your stupid ass posts trying to convince everyone in here that your right and they're wrong. Just move the fuck on.

jesus, all i'm saying is the lion is dead, he is not. and he is the DIRECT cause of the lion's death. you can call him whatever you want to make him lower in some way. but he's not the dead one. i'm pretty sure being is dead is worse, and lower than anything you can call him lol. the lion got owned. owned hard.

can't you see the guy just sees it as a game. he's the same mother fucker that hacks in a game like CS and head shots everyone. in those terms you'd say he owned everyone. so... yeah. it's just a game. he went to hunt game. a real life game.

you don't have to agree with me. you just have to answer to reality, like the lion did lol.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 08-01-2015 at 02:33 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #75
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
jesus, all i'm saying is the lion is dead, he is not. and he is the DIRECT cause of the lion's death. you can call him whatever you want to make him lower in some way. but he's not the dead one. i'm pretty sure being is dead is worse, and lower than anything you can call him lol. the lion got owned. owned hard.

can't you see the guy just sees it as a game. he's the same mother fucker that hacks in a game like CS and head shots everyone. in those terms you'd say he owned everyone. so... yeah. it's just a game. he went to hunt game. a real life game.

you don't have to agree with me. you just have to answer to reality, like the lion did lol.
You're proving my point once again. At no point in my post did I give any opinion on the Lion or the dentist. My post was directed solely at you and the fact that you think that money is king and is the end all be all in life and the dentist is coming out on top in this situation.

Money is great but it is not the one and only way to gain power in this world and it doesn't put you above the law or make you invinceable. The lion is dead and that is that; regardless of ones opinion on the situation. The lion most likley realizes that death is a part of life anyways. In my opinion, regardless of wether I agree with the killing or not; the lion is getting the last laugh in this situation.

Yes the dentist is alive; but he has had to close his practice which means he and any employees he had working for him are all out of a job. He and his family have to now hide from the public for fear of retaliation. Retaliation which I'm sure could end up being violent if the right person came across him or his family. He is in America after all; people have been beaten, shot, and killed for less. He now also faces extradition back to Zimbabwe where he will face the charges against him. If he ends up going to prison over there; he's going to wish he was dead. If he does end up getting the chance to go hunting again, I would suggest he use a paintball gun to prove that he can shot and kill the animal but avoid any and all back lash, or a tranquillizer gun if he feels he needs to get a picture with the animal. A sort of catch and release method, everybody wins.
DGN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: