REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 07-29-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Changing IMEI

I bought a samsung s6 a little bit ago and it recently got blacklisted, I was just wondering if getting the IMEI changed is illegal here in Canada. I searched through the internet and have only found forums stating that it is illegal to change the IMEI in the States, I can't find too much information about the legality of changing IMEI in Canada.
Advertisement
177 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-29-2015, 10:12 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
you bought it off of craigslist im assuming? is it new or used?? i say you cut your losses and just sell it on ebay to someone over seas. then buy a new one here from the samsung store.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:41 PM   #3
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 177 View Post
I bought a samsung s6 a little bit ago and it recently got blacklisted, I was just wondering if getting the IMEI changed is illegal here in Canada. I searched through the internet and have only found forums stating that it is illegal to change the IMEI in the States, I can't find too much information about the legality of changing IMEI in Canada.
Don't think is possible? Changing the IEMI is like changing a hardware MAC address (you could do a MAC address cloning on your router but then you just clone it to use your PC MAC).

That is why I only sell/buy phones on RS. Much safer.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:22 AM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
https://www.androot.org/volcano-box-...lcano-box.html
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:53 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Interested in this too... bought an S5 a couple of months ago, it got "blacklisted" yesterday. Guess the guy who sold it to me on CL thought it would be smart to let things die down before collecting his insurance money.

It's a mint S5 that has always been babied. Would be interested to know how I can "change" the IMEI or even sell it overseas so I can recoup my money
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:03 PM   #6
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
u can change it with that above tool

i personally have never tried it. I dont even know if it actually works
is it illegal? probably.
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:52 PM   #7
I STILL don't get it

even if you can change an IMEI you're still in possession of a "stolen phone". i wouldn't mess around with that kind of crap either way. the only 'real' way for you to change IMEI is to change the motherboard from a phone with a broken screen/etc that's being sold for parts. this in effect is you using the "other phone" even though the majority of the components is still the blacklisted one.

mobilicity does not participate for blacklisting and all Canadian S5's are compatible with all carriers (model SM-G900W8).

entrax is offline   Reply With Quote